Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Have yourself a very Hello Kitty Christmas

Today wasn't as special as some days end up being but for some reason I wound up doing pretty much nothing. That includes watching Kobato because I am a bad person. :( Hopefully I can get around to doing that tomorrow even though tomorrow is Thursday and Thursday is....well Thursday.

But I did get some things accomplished today. Like I loaded the washing machine (oooohhhhs and aaaahhhhs). I went grocery shopping and brought up all the food by myself and up the stairs in the rain. Plus I had to walk 15 miles in the snow.

But I also got around to taking some of my holiday decoration pictures. That and I wanted to post and I am semi lazy? NO! I mean I love Hello Kitty and Christmas and wanted to make a post showi....dedicated to my love of both!

Did I mention 15 miles in the snow?




Photobucket

Behold the tree of power.

My Hello Kitty tree once again makes her home in the anime room. As my ornament collection (HK or otherwise) grows I start to rethink where all the trees should go and HK might make her way into the living room next year. But with the cats being cats and people being people this seems to be the safest spot if the WORST THING EVER were to happen and the tree took a fall. But the living room would be a more centralized location and she would get more love.

Photobucket

Close up of what over 100 Hello Kitty ornaments looks like.


Photobucket

To the side to the side.


Photobucket

The tree topper that strangely looks like a plushie...

I know I know. How can I have this many Hello Kitty ornaments and other Christmas stuff and no tree topper? Truly I have failed Hello Kitty. But I have improvised! And by improvised I mean I tried to tie one of the branches to the Hello Kitty gingerbread person, stick it deep in the tree, and then kinda threw it up there and hoped for the best. Gravity is not allowed to kick in until December 26th!

Photobucket

Penguins for the win!

This is my favorite ornament of all time. I love penguins, I love Hello Kitty, and I love Christmas. Unless this penguin was riding a giraffe it couldn't have gotten any more perfect. But I have this particular Hello Kitty ornament for a little while now and it still puts a smile to my face when I see it. NOM NOM FISHIES!

Photobucket

Hello Kitty is on bulbs, taking over your Christmas.

This is my newest Hello Kitty ornament. Yay for birthday presents. Most of the ornaments on my tree were either presents or purchases the day after Christmas when they become magically half off. So while it looks like I have spent a million dollars on ornaments it's more like 500k.

But yes she is super cute in her little snow outfit. I want this in plushie form so, so bad...but maybe in blue?

Photobucket

It's like magic!


Photobucket

Hello Kitty wearing something Japanese?! I AM SHOCKED!

This is probably the only good thing that came out of my three month slavery at Khols (yes I lasted three whole months!) But at Khols we got a very small shipment of a Hello Kitty mini three pack and I made sure I got one before I stocked the shelves. The mini ornaments have a hard time standing out on a big tree but since I think they outnumber the bigger ornaments they hold their own.

Photobucket

MORE HELLO KITTY?!

YES! I am a bad Hello Kitty fan. I only have one Hello Kitty stocking holder! But I make up for it by having three stockings right?

Photobucket

Where is your tin this year Target?!


Photobucket

You can never have too many plushies.

I think Hello Kitty makes the cutest Christmas plushies. I want every single plushie in this Hello Kitty Junkie post. My favorite would have to be the giant snowman kitty. I do have a mini snowman but one of the cats have mysteriously hid it...

So that is my crazy collection. Due to the not sneakiness on my brother's side I will have an even bigger collection next year. XD The only sad thing is I can only enjoy my tree once a year. On the other hand the days leading up to Thanksgiving are filled with joy that my Hello Kitty tree once again will be up in no time.

And yes one of those Hello Kitty stockings is my husband's. When asked which one he wanted he said the less girly one. I said "would that be the pink one, the purple sparkle one, or the mitten that lights up?"

He picked the purple.