Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas=Penguin Palooza

The post I had planned for today sorta...never happened. I was going to search the web and a list of what I thought were some awesome Hello Kitty Christmas trees.

I have come to the conclusion that my Hello Kitty tree is the best one out there. But I am not biased at all.

But on a serious note there wasn't many trees posted on the web. And the ones that I could find were either sparsely decorated (doesn't everyone who likes Hello Kitty own 58678 ornaments?!) or the trees were pink. And I hate pink trees.

So...being as I love Christmas trees I shall post another one of my many trees. Behold the power of the penguins. Also my fellow Hello Kitty fans, I know you are out there buying all the ornaments at Target. POST YOUR PICTURES!




Photobucket

You walk in my house and BAM there's a tree!

My husband has asked before what penguins have to do with Christmas. I am not sure what these cute critters have to do with Baby Jesus, Santa, or the spirit of giving but I am not complaining. I love penguins so much and Christmas time gives me a chance to stock up on their cuteness.

Photobucket

Does my tree look on fire?

Since I discovered that Hallmark is not only a place where you can purchase overpriced cards I have fallen in love with the penguin trio collection. Every year they release an ornament (or two...) that features three adorable baby penguins having fun. One day I will probably have a tree just dedicated to these cuties. For now they must play with the other penguins.

Only penguins can eat ice cream in the middle of winter on a pile of snow XD

Photobucket

Lovin the trio!

Maybe I am transparent at which penguins are the cutest on my tree...But I can' help it. I love these three little guys so much I am willing to spend a more than retail price to get the special ones I have missed out in the past. I am that special.

This ornament is too playful for words. Down the slide they go!

Photobucket

Yay for expensive ornaments!

I LOVE THIS SERIES OKAY! So if you are reading this Hallmark ornament makers never discontinue this line. Or I will cry.

Photobucket

Tree toppers are overrated.

Just like with the Hello Kitty I have no penguin topper. Probably because I spend all my money on ornaments I can't afford toppers and tree skirts. But I have pleeeeeeeeenty of plushies to stick on top of trees so life is great. This little guy was originally a gift card holder. Best gift card holder ever!

Photobucket

Glass ornaments+clumsy Tenchi=?

Okay technically this is another trio ornament. I can't help it. They are just too cute for words.

But in my defense this is a bulb ornament, not a little 3D cutie. They were originally one of those buy 3 cards, get this item at a discounted price deal. That is not how Tenchi plays though. XD I get most of my ornaments the day after Christmas (my Black Friday) so I got this baby for 3 dollars! Yay is me!

But this is actually a heavy little ornament. I better not have a klutz attack and break it. OR my little fur babies better not climb the tree...

Photobucket

LET IT SNOW PENGUINS!

See I do have other ornaments beside the cute trio. Most penguins like to wear scarfs for some reason. They can sit on ice cubes and eat ice cream but they need to wear scarves. I like how the ice cubes sparkles against the lights. XD

Photobucket

An army of penguins!

I do love my penguin plushies. XD Instead of having a tree skirt I decided to line my tree with my ever growing collection of scarf wearing birds. Any time there is a row of Christmas plushie I'm there checking to see if there is a penguin in the collection. Most of these were gifts because I know awesome people. That and I think it's pretty simple to buy for me: Hello Kitty and penguins.

SQUEEZE THE CUTENESS!

So there is tree number two in my Christmas exploded house. Next year that tree will have more ornaments and more plushies guarding the base. Thanks for stomping by the Magical World of Tenchi has too many trees!

No comments: