Sunday, March 28, 2010

Harajuku Lovers Sunshine Cuties

I had promised myself that I wouldn't buy any more Harajuku Lovers perfume after my adventures in home shopping and free stuff for Tenchi palooza. Not that I don't love the little sweeties but I think I have enough perfume until the zombie apocalypse hits. So when the Sunshine Cuties were first announced I was like No my friend, not this time. I have enough for a while.

But I am a sucker for free stuff. Those people who get paid the big bucks to do marketing and advertisement for people have found the way to sell overpriced bottles of cute perfume: Give away free swag. It might not even be free stuff you need but somehow it sucks people in.

Photobucket

This was a hit and run picture as the saleswomen were giving me the stink eye. They were lucky I didn't steal the display.

So when I learned that HL was giving away a free beach towel (thanks dad for bringing that to my attention) I dragged my husband out of the house and onward we flew to buy more perfume that I didn't need but really wanted. XD Also how cute are those displays?! This store went all out for the event. This display was the first thing everyone saw when walking into the store. WANTS!






Photobucket

For a limited time only=words that make compulsive buying so easy and hard to resist.

The reason why the first picture has big holes on some of the display was because I ran over and picked up to the perfume+towel sets already. XD I am not sure if there are more of these babies in the back but I wasn't taking any chances. Just because the sale lasts until the 4th doesn't mean any will be left by then. This store already had two perfumes bundled with a towel but I waited until the saleslady was looking the other way to switch out the ones I wanted. This one MIGHT be for a certain friend of mine who is equally as excited about the free gift. XD

Photobucket

Love for Tenchi. XD

Of course one of the bottles I picked was Love. She is my personal favorite although her glasses are a bit too big for me. A note to all is that the Sunshine Cuties smell a little different than the normal HLs. Love smells a little sweetier than usual but still very nice.

Photobucket

Showing Music some love.

Music was not in any of the bundles at the store! What's up with that? Everyone should love Music. I actually think her outfit is much cuter than Love's but we should go by smells and not looks when it comes to perfume right? Again the scent is slightly different but I like it.

Photobucket

Can you see through those things? X_X

FROG TOES! That is the very first thing I thought when I took my little Sunshine out of her box. But putting aside that fact Love is very cute. The big glasses are even starting to grow on me. XD Love her swimsuit design. As for the bottle itself it is very simple and doesn't take away from the main attraction.

Photobucket

Music is ready for the beach!

Music looks so cute with her little bikini and flower in the hair deal going on. She is rather simple compared to the other girls but sometimes simple is fun too.

Photobucket

What were you thinking...

This is a major issue with the designs of all the girls. They have the FROG TOES and no real leg definition. As in when the girls are wearing clothes the fabric just extends around the body and the designers don't know how to change that when they are dealing with an actual leg. I really wouldn't have minded white space. It would have been better than this weirdness. So this....whateverness takes away from an otherwise really super cute HL bottles.

Photobucket

Free towel part one!


Photobucket

Free towel part two!


Photobucket

Yay for free stuff!

So here is the reason why I braved the mean streets of such and such town today. The reason why I decided to buy the Sunshine Cuties (because eventually I was going to buy them even though I really, REALLY don't need them). Say hello to Sunshine Cutie Beach Towel.

I was actually pleased that it was a full sized towel! Sometimes with these spend $XX and you receive a free gift things the free gift is kinda lame. Not this time! The towel is a normal sized beach towel and is full of super cuteness. You can chill out pool side or dry off after a dip in the ocean with this big towel and do so in style. A very useful free gift if I do say so myself.

So that is my adventure in swag lag. An Easter present to myself I suppose. If you are already a HL fan this set lets you enjoy the cuteness you are used to with slightly different scents. If you are new to the HL scene this is a great time to start your collection and with free swag! I would buy these lovelies sooner rather or later. Only while supplies last.

Harajuku Lovers LOVE me for making this free gift. ;) Just had to say it.


No comments: