Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Kobato Episode 20. Also known as THE BEST EPISODE EVER!


Photobucket

Kobato knows when she sees an excellent episode!

This is the best episode of Kobato EVER!

And I am not just saying that because Fai (and Kurogane and Syaoran and Mokona) was in the episode. The episode was fluffy and full of Kobato goodness and really embodied the spirit of this series.

Okay so it’s because Fai was in this episode.

TONS OF SCREENIES AWAIT YOU! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!





Photobucket

Yes but how do you count MoKonas?

I would like to start off with….MoKona. Not Mocona!! I know I am not one to nitpick on people’s spelling but COME ON! Magic Knight Rayearth has been around since 1993! Tsubasa and XXXholic since 2003. That is a lot of years to learn how to spell one of CLAMP’s most popular mascots. MoKona!!! For serious people.

Photobucket

What? I always look like this?

Also I would like to add that the art felt a little iffy for me. Some changes are to be expected since different artists are being used. Still…Kurogane looked like an old man at points. X_X What was with those drastic lines at times?! And Fai is much more beautiful than that. Syaoran…..looked like Syaoran to me so no complaints there. I also think Mokona is cuter but he was adorable in his little cape. Also you got off lucky artists! I noticed TWO fleshy hands on Kurogane. You are lucky that in XXXholics that got dealt with. LUCKY!

Photobucket

That's right Fai! You are amazing!!!!

But putting aside the sometimes iffy art moments WOOHOO FOR FAI! And the rest of them. XD

I guess I will talk about this episode in order though. I am a responsible blogger after all and not some silly fangirl who can’t talk about the real issues/plot of the story. Even if Fai is awesome.

Photobucket

Why does my heart hurt when I think of Fujimoto MMMMMMMMM?!

Kobato is staring out at the sky trying to figure out why her heart was all achy when Fujimoto did his not really apology whatever that was. I would like to add as a side note that it is both humorous and sad that the manga is covering the EXACT same topic right now. Hilarious. Ioryogi was freezing his butt off and tried to put off the romantic mood. So the least romantic subject to talk about was Valentine’s Day woohoo!

Photobucket

Fujimoto...not yelling?! X_X

I will say that Fujimoto was 56 percent less of a butthead this episode. When Kobato came running up announcing they should have a Valentine’s party he didn’t shove it in her face she had no idea what a Valentine’s Day was. That was a prime opportunity to make fun of her and he almost let it slide! It was almost like he was trying to educate her instead of pick on her! It was amazing.

Photobucket

I am shocked and amazed!

It was also amazing that after Kobato explained her idea to work at the bakery to earn extra money Fujimoto wasn't completely ragey at the situation, like he was with the bazaar. This time his concern was for Kobato pushing herself too hard and he stayed away from the YOU WILL FAIL side of the argument. He was worried for Kobato and he almost let it show in front of Kobato and Sayaka when she brings it up later. Fujimoto must have heard how sad I was for Domoto to lose out and he stepped up to the plate. GOOD FOR YOU FUJIMOTO!

Photobucket

Kobato is so cute! XD

Kobato, being the kind person she is (and typical CLAMP heroine who doesn’t…desire anything materialist), has decided to work hard at the bakery to earn money for the Valentine’s Day party. Ueda and Yumi are happy to see that Kobato is more useful this time around. I also like how Ioryogi stays on the counter as Kobato works. Love cute mascots.

So while Kobato is helping close up the shop a bright light fills the alley. She goes to investigate and what does she find?! The Tsubasa boys ready and waiting for their adoring fans to cheer their marvelous return. Greet them warmly everyone!!!

Photobucket

Kurogane fail!

Our boys have become little slackers though. Unprepared for danger, letting Mokona talk in front of strangers, and generally being goofballs. But since my Tsubasa boys did have it pretty rough (especially my poor Fai) they deserve every single moment of happiness/silliness they can grab. And I love seeing the boys new clothes. LOVE!

Photobucket

What is under that hat....

Fai being Fai notices Kobato’s hat right away. He knows what is under her hat and that it’s not merely part of her uniform. Whatever Kobato is Fai deems her okay enough to sharing their traveling secrets and talking plushie. Of course what choice did they have at the time…

Photobucket

What is Kobato?! Tell me now!!!!

Fai also informed Ioryogi that he knows what Kobato is (in that annoying whisper whisper way because heaven forbid the viewers know what Kobato is before the last episode!!!). Ioryogi makes a face like this is shocking news that people with a space traveling talking stuffed animals could recognize a Kobato like creature. I wanted to say that Kobato is an angel but Fai said confidence, like whatever Kobato is her species/type is known for being confident? I am probably reading too much into that sentence but it caught my eye. Fai talks about how other world creatures can’t do anything but watch over her. Which to me means that they can’t intervene even though they sense she is a lovely…whatever she is. Fai was typical Fai. He knew what was going on with Kobato’s situation but didn’t tell the others and just smiled his typical smile. XD

Photobucket

Not at all....

XO Last week when I was being way too excited about this episode I wondered how they were going to manage the Ioryogi/Kurogane having the same voice actor. Instead of sweeping the issue under the rug the first thing out of Kobato’s mouth was IORYOGI?! It became the running joke for the episode. It also helps that one of the main themes in Tsubasa is meeting the same people over and over again in different worlds. Technically Ioryogi is the Kurogane of the Spirit world but details details. I thought it was well played.

Photobucket

Real cozy....

Kobato being Kobato she really doesn’t question why the boys are traveling or the talking stuffed animal they have or why everything seems magical. No she just ops to take them to a park so Fai can swing on the swings and Kurogane can beat on Mokona. Also so she can invite the men to stay with her, putting aside the fact that her room is barely big enough for her and these are complete strangers. The fact that they are all boys isn’t lost on Syaoran but Fai shoos the issue away and off they go.

Photobucket

Yeah bro....

As luck would have it Kobato doesn’t have work at the nursery the next day. This sets it up so Syaoran can work with her at the bakery. This made me sad as I wanted to see more of Fai. Fai worked in a bakery before but suddenly Syaoran has good hands or something? Psht whatever. I guess Syaoran is a bit lonely since he and Sakura used to get paired up all the time. He needs to spend time with someone like Sakura so he can continue his journey without tears. That and it forces Fai and Kurogane to work together again! XD The episode didn’t explain where the men went to work but that’s fine. I can imagine the best then! Mokona joins Ioryogi as a temporary bakery mascot.

Photobucket

This is very serious business!

Syaoran and Kobato spend a nice day together. Syaoran was a real help at the store and taught Kobato the easiest task in the world. The writers decided to torture us Tsubasa fans though with the very vague explanation on why the boys are traveling (aka to get back….THEM) but at least Sakura almost got a mention? The point of this conversation was for Kobato to bring up her own wish, to go somewhere else. Syaoran takes as to mean that Kobato wants to go somewhere to be with a certain someone. But Kobato’s place she wants to go to doesn’t include Fujimoto (probably). I shall stop with this thought as it strays too close to the current manga chapter.

Photobucket

Bad Syaoran confusing Kobato more!

But the point of the Syaoran conversation was to remind Kobato of her original wish and how she may have feelings for Fujimoto. I know you catch on slow Kobato but you don’t have much time to figure things out!

Photobucket

Fai is very amused at Kurogane's expense.

Kurogane….cosplaying…..XD I am sure that Fai had fun with that.

Photobucket

Why are you leaving already?!

It makes me sad that the boys weren’t there for very long. Especially given what their mission actually is. How are they supposed to gather information if they can only stay in a world for 24 hours?! X_X However the group must leave and Kobato is sad she can’t do more for these people. I doubt she earned any candy from this episode but that’s okay too. Sometimes you just help out people because that is the right thing to do. That and can you really heal people who have survived Tsubasa? Watching the Mokona magic travel was cool though. XD

Photobucket

AWWWW!

Kobato is able to put on a nice party with the money she earned and all is a success. XD For some reason Fujimoto is surprised. Or worried that she worked too hard to make that money. Another sign at the dramatic switch between jerk Fujimoto and appropriate match for Kobato Fujimoto. My poor Kobato was unable to make a chocolate to save her life but the kids still ask who she is going to give her best chocolate to. Insert Kobato looking up at Fujimoto but he is already staring at her. Everyone say AWWW!

Photobucket

Stay out of my awesome episode sadness!

However this episode does not end on an AWWW note. Ioryogi senses a presence and goes outside. There a messenger bunny appears and tells Ioryogi something. We don’t know what but I am sure it is along the line of YOU ARE SCREWED and you have no time left at all. She was told until Spring right (or am I getting the manga mixed up with the anime?)? So if it’s Valentine’s Day spring is around the corner. X_X She better decide what she is doing before time is up and she won’t have the option of making a decision.

The sadness can wait until next week though. This week we got Fai. I shall squeal and be happy. Be happy with me! Oh praise CLAMP and their crossover ways. Without them I wouldn't have gotten to see Fai in his sexy new traveling outfit. How fortunate am I! XD

Next week I will worry about Kobato and her impending doom. Promise.

This is a side note after the fact but why didn’t the Tsubasa boys visit Watanuki? X_X



5 comments:

Justine said...

Besides the Tsubasa-ness I had a feeling this episode would be awesome simply because it was written by Nanase Ohkawa. (How can you go wrong with an episode written by her? You can't. XD)

I have to admit. Fai did shine pretty brightly in this episode. He really did steal the show. Maybe that's why Syaoran was chosen to help Kobato. We very well could've gotten a Fai-OD and the whole world would be squee-ing with fan-girls (and fan-boys but I'm sure not as many). So to prevent that from happening Syaoran was the best choice to help at the bakery. XD

He sort-of mentioned Sakura... and he kept everything vague... Which I guess makes sense considering he doesn't really know Kobato (and it's kinda complicated) so overall I was okay with that.

Just wondering... That was a flashback Kobato had right? A flashback with a man that looked JUST LIKE Fujimoto, right? I think I was the most taken back by that. o.o

I have to agree with you about the art style. Kurogane, especially; he just looked weird sometimes! D:

Cosplaying! Lol! I did love that. I love seeing Yuko’s magic circle. Simply put, I loved the Tsubasa gang coming around. Maybe now that they know Kobato the probability to return to that world will increase. (Isn't that how the blue-earring works?)

Fujibato! \o/ (It's about time!) I was happy for the small amount of Fujibato in the episode. I wish they could've gotten to Fujimoto showing more expressions sooner but I will enjoy it now. Better late than never.

As for the hat. In one forum someone suggested that the hat seals her "Sahasrara" and thus seals a high amount of power. I think it has some merit.
The thing that really took me is the picture Wikipedia has with "Sahasrara"; it's like lotus petals. In Tsubasa (the manga) when we do get to see the Kobato of another world (the one Clone!Syaoran destroyed before the gang reaches that chess/servant world) she seemed to have something on her head that could be lotus petals. At first, I thought it was some sort of head ornament but maybe that's a clue...? It might make sense. In the manga (chapter 1) it says something like ‘the latest story from CLAMP about a goddess you’ll fall in love with’. So a “goddess” (talk about a vague word) would have a lot of power (that the hat would seal) and be elevated from the rest so maybe that’s why all they can do is watch her. … … … ? Well that's my best guess for the moment. XD I guess we’ll find out in two weeks!

Another great review. Thanks for posting. :)

Christina said...

Justine- I think you are totally right. If Fai had been the one at the bakery shop it would have become the Fai show. Syaoran is more a neutral person who absorbs information. Still...I am a greedy fangirl!

I swear that one of my conspiracy theories is that Kobato IS Fujimoto's mother thus making the Fujimoto lookalike her husband/his father. Because you know how parents have to look identical to one of their parents! I mean, the lovely dovey stuff we are seeing COULD be construed to be a strong parental bond. X_X If this happens I will poop bricks.

And seriously? Do you have a super eye or something? I totally did not see that other Kobato in the destroyed world! Of course I didn't know about Kobato then but that is not the point! Talk about a good eye. So now more theories are piling up in my head. Good thing we only have two more weeks to find out what is really going on! XD

Lyla said...

I agree.. I searched the manga and that didn't had any resemblance with anyone xD just two random people in battle clothes?. I'd like to think that Kurogane is Ioryogi-san and Fai is Ginzen... just to feed my fangirly wishes xD

Christina said...

Lyla- Justine had a super eye or something. And it came at a perfect time as the latest manga chapter has just revealed. Really, it was almost like she was telling us the future.

It's only natural for us to see yaoi pairings everywhere we go. XD And since Ioryogi is Kurgonae it is only natural to hook him up with someone who drives me nuts. That is his fate no matter where he is or who he is.

asmaa ali said...

شركة نقل عفش بمكة
نقل عفش بمكة
نقل عفش بالخرج
شركة تنظيف فلل بجدة
شركة تنظيف فلل بالرياض
شركة تنظيف منازل بمكة