Friday, March 12, 2010

Kobato Drops 20a and 20b

M O G!

Photobucket

Kobato is good at distracting me from life...and chores.

Today is Friday. So I was thinking….oh yeah, Ookami Kakushi post day. Woo hoo. *insert non woo hoo noises*

I get home and find out AW SADFACE there is no new Ookami Kakushi episode. Whatever shall I do?! I decide that it is high time to catch up and do an XXXholic post.

While I have like 4 chapters unblogged yet I wanted to check and make sure a new chapter hadn’t come out today.

There wasn’t a new XXXholic chapter today. Instead there was the most MOG chapter of Kobato that there ever will be in the history of Kobato. Well until they explain this chapter anyway. As it stands there is a huge feeling of X_X and WTF in my house.

SPOILERS! Tenchi losing her mind! WAY TOO MANY SCREENIES! Crazy theories! All this and more awaits you.




Instead of jumping right into the WTFness I still start with Drop 20. Even though it pains me to do so. I suffer so you know.

Photobucket

Stop crying my heroine!

Kobato is still outside crying. She has just realized that she loves Fujimoto and it is a very overwhelming situation for her. KEEPING MYSELF FROM SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT DROP 20-b…..Kobato is Kobato. She wears her heart on her sleeve and gets very emotional. She has been shown being very upset over other people’s tough situations so why is it a surprise that she is really upset about her own? She just feels at a very deep level.

Photobucket

Why all the misunderstandings?! :(

Now Kobato is crying because she thinks that Fujimoto doesn’t love her back. That is something to be sad about. But I am sad for Kobato because HELLO her wish. If she fulfills her wish she is going to the place she wants to be and I am pretty sure that Fujimoto isn’t there. If she loves Fujimoto then she will be conflicted with staying with Fujimoto or going to this place. Either way she will be sad. Since we all know Fujimoto loves Kobato we are able to put aside Kobato’s worries and think about the big picture.

Photobucket

FIX IT NOW!

Ah Sayaka. I love her not so subtle way at hitting at Fujimoto that he needs to fix this situation. This situation being Kobato crying. Since Fujimoto isn’t completely brain dead I am sure he knows Kobato has feelings for him so he just has to realize OH I am 10 years old and I pick on Kobato because I love her. Personally I like slightly mean Fujimoto. Not sure how I feel about pensive Fujimoto.

Photobucket

My poor sad Kobato. :(

So as Kobato cries herself to sleep Ioryogi sees Mr. Bear (Genko) outside. I thought that was a bit special since I thought Mr. Bear was stuck at his shop but that would be two punishments wouldn’t it? But being a small dog plushie is easier than being a talking bear right? In any event Ioryogi goes outside to talk to Mr. Bear. Because Ioryogi can leap tall building with his tiny plushie legs.

Photobucket

A very sad face indeed!

Ioryogi catches Mr. Bear up on the events that transpired today. That Kobato admitted that she has fallen in love with Fujimoto. Mr. Bear looks REALLY, REALLY SAD when Ioryogi says this. REALLY SAD PEOPLE! A month ago I thought it was because he was worried about Kobato because she is a sweet girl. Or because her completing her wish affects him getting his true form back/going back home. All of that is true. BUT THERE IS MORE!

Photobucket

Shifty eyes!

Drop 20a ends with Ioryogi pointing those issues out, Kobato’s wish and their fate. But Mr. Bear asks how Ioryogi personally feels about Fujimoto being with Kobato. Being that I am slow I didn’t think much of it. I DO NOW!

Photobucket

In case we have forgotten with the slow release dates....

Here it is, the WTF Drop 20b-ness. Mr. Bear starts talking about how Ioryogi is the one who got them in trouble. That he waged a war with heaven because he fell in love with an angel. Only this time we don’t see sparkly wings and a silhouette. No, no we see much more than people. WAY MORE!

Mr. Bear talks about boring blah blah Ioryogi never went to the meeting with Heaven/the Other World and Ioryogi sucks at being a royal. NO ONE CARES! What we care about is the angel Ioryogi met. We all thought that Ioryogi fell in love with a beautiful angel and it was love at first sight.

Photobucket

Oh crap...

No. The angel fell out of a tree and her wings got tangled in the tree. A clumsy angel…..MMMMM. So after Ioryogi gets her out of the tree she wants to repay him. So she does so with a song. A singing angel….MMMMMMMM. This angel was in charge of nurturing baby angel eggs every since Kohaku left….MMMM. Oh and the angel looks exactly like Kobato MMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!

I don’t think the shocking part is Kobato is an angel. There have been plenty of hints about that. She can’t eat food (like Kohaku), something is under that hat (this angel was wearing something on her head), and she had no knowledge of Earth. I think about the Tusbasa gang came though I was leaning towards her being something else though. Or from a different time. Either way this is not shocking.

Photobucket

X_X KOBATO?!

The fact that Kobato is Ioryogi’s angel is the WTF IS GOING that is currently screaming in my head. Kobato. The person he teases constantly. The person he calls a stupid bird. The person he SETS ON FIRE?! That is the person he is in love with? That is the person he waged war with heaven for?! X_X WHAT IS GOING ON?!!?!?
It’s not because I think they are utter opposites. CLAMP does it all the time. Heck every anime/manga does it. We can’t be having people with similar interests falling in love okay people!

Photobucket

Such happy thoughts...

It’s because he loves Kobato! I am going to assume her wish is to go back to heaven. That may or may not be correct to assume because if she has no memories she wouldn’t remember being in heaven right? Or just because Fujimoto was in love with her doesn’t mean she was in love with him right? So why would Kobato have gotten kicked out of heaven? MMM!

Photobucket

This hurts my head so...

In any event Kobato wants to GO to a place. If Kobato is able to earn her way back into heaven Ioryogi and the other creatures get to go back to their world. That means Ioryogi wouldn’t be able to be with Kobato. BUT if Kobato decides to remain on this Earth and be with Fujimoto then Ioryogi has to stay a plushie AND not get Kobato. It is a lose lose situation.

That is why I think it’s not Kobato. Because when people/angels/things mess up in CLAMP land and God is involved God usually punishes them in a way where everything is nice and sparkly. It’s like OKAY you are banished from heaven…but you get to stay with the person you love. Yeah that is a punishment…But here Kobato only has the chance to be happy. Either way Ioryogi would be unable to be with Kobato and that is not how things go down in CLAMP land. CLAMP usually ends bittersweet for people anyway but not when God is punishing people. They get a happy ending, it’s the rules!

Photobucket

I do not accept this!

What would be the point of this manga then? To watch Ioryogi help the person he loves never see him again? That is really too harsh. And things might not add up. Kobato is sad because someone died of something minor. Ioryogi didn’t die. So clearly she wants to go somewhere different right? The more I think about this the more confused I become. X_X

There is always hope that this isn’t Kobato. Well maybe it IS Kobato but a different universe Kobato. This is CLAMP. If there were 3 Kobato’s I would be pissed. But maybe…maybe there are two Kobatos. I want to believe that theory but why was Mr. Bear so sad?

Photobucket

Oh Fujimoto....

The rest of the chapter had Fujimoto being a dumb boy and speaking through Kobato’s closed door. He doesn’t say I love you or anything that important. He really beats around the bush and Kobato tries her hardest to be strong. She allows herself to cry that night but promises to smile for him tomorrow.

But who cares about that right?! What I want and need to know about is Ioryogi’s angel. Is It truly Kobato? If so why would CLAMP give him a lose/lose situation? And Kobato will be crushed if she finds out she hurt Ioryogi on accident. I am sure they would keep her in the dark but I would be pissed if all this was kept from me.

Photobucket

I want to snuggle her!!!

I take that back. I do care about Kobato and Fujimoto. And yes we were all supposed to be cheering for them as a couple. But in light of this maybe information I will always feel bad for Ioryogi in the back of my mind. And I had enough to feel sad about when it came to Kobato falling in love!

Thank you for my time. And when it turns out that Ioryogi’s angel is not Kobato I will feel calmer. Yeah. Because I believe people. I believe that CLAMP can’t be that cruel to Ioryogi.

BRB crying for Ioryogi in the corner.

Photobucket

Everyone's unhappy YAY!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh I'm so confused too :/! I also like fujimoto and kobato, but if kobato really is Ioryogi's angel, I don't think I'm going to be satisfied with that! And now that you mention it, it really makes me wonder if kobato is an angel (genderless) or a girl? and who is that person that die and made kobato sad D:? and where does she want to go? I want answers Clamp! please D:!

Christina said...

Anonymous- I think CLAMP loves messing with us simply because they can. They have us all hooked and no matter what they do we will still cling on every work they do. How dare you CLAMP!

I wish to know more about the hat. I know this week the hat issue will be covered in the anime but I wonder if it will be the same in the manga.

Hopefully it turns out that Ioryogi looks like Fujimoto and there is a Kobato for everyone. YAY FOR TSUBASA PART TWO!

Anonymous said...

I don't know if Kobato and the angel are the same person. I mean, if they were, why would Genko make a distinction between them?

Everytime he talked about the angel, he would say "that angel" and when he referred to Kobato he would say "that girl"....

Agh, I don't know. At least the new chapter will come out in a few more days. Maybe things will be easier to understand then.

Christina said...

Anonymous- I can't wait for the new chapter. I just hope they focus on the angel issue and not Kobato crying. Even though I am sad she is so sad right now I need to know what is going on with the war of heaven and who Kobato might be.

I hope for everyone's sake that Kobato is not the angel. I want everyone to have a happy ending.