Saturday, March 20, 2010

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens

I am often told (usually by my mother) that I can be a negative person. And I guess sometimes that is true. If you look over the majority of my work posts there is a certain reoccurring theme that I hate people. And even when I blog anime/manga I tend to use -_- a lot to describe how I am feeling.

So today will be a different day. Today I will list the small things that make me happy or regain my faith in humanity. Because life is not full of snarking people and having rage. No, there are nice things that happen to me too, despite how much I complain.





-When people let me in traffic. Usually I am thinking to myself it will take forever to turn onto the street but someone randomly stops to let me in. Makes me forget my momentary rage against most drives in my city.

-Kids smiling at me. Despite me being a kid hater they always make me smile back. I am starting to think I am a bad parenting hater instead!

-Code Red. No matter how bad my day may be Code Red never fails to bring the happy to my face. And my tummy.

-Texting my friend while watching the same bad movie. Is that technically snarking? In any event I enjoy how much fun we have making fun of terrible movies.

-People holding the door open for me. Most of the time I am carrying a pizza bag but I can manage the door with my butt XD. But it is always nice that people will help me out and not let the door slam on me.

-Having a radio in my car. For years I had no radio. I didn’t know how quiet it was until I got my current car. Now I can’t imagine life without it! Although the radio could play less Lady Gaga….

-People who think to put their lights on so pizza delivery drivers can SEE the walkway to their door. Thank you for thinking in advance!

-When my cat licks my other cat’s head. Sometimes they can be demony little bugs but the sight of the ear licking is just too cute!!!

-Getting up to the register and learning that something was on sale. Yeah I was going to buy the item anyway but finding out that I saved money and wasn’t expecting to always makes me happy. And want to go out and spend that money.

-Nendoroids. XD

-When people comment on my blog. Sometimes I think I am all alone in thinking crazy theories. But it always makes me happy when people see what I see and enjoy my crazy writing.

-Winning events in online games.

-Sitting down and enjoying a clean house. Not the cleaning process itself but the
end product. XD

-When my hair curls in a certain way. Granted most people must think my hair looks the same every single day but I can tell the difference!

-Going to the book store and getting the next volume of such and such manga. This might be a little dated due to chapters being uploaded to the internet with the speed of light but still. AH memories.

These are just a few of my favorite things. Seriously though I consider myself to be pretty blessed considering all that is going on in the world. So when things get me frustrated I try to think about something positive, take part in one of my small make me happy moments, and move on from the negative.

Or I post about it here on my blog and let out all the anger. XD Either way I will find my happy place.




No comments: