Saturday, March 13, 2010

Ookami Kakushi Episode 10


Photobucket

Rolling oranges down a hill, the highlight of my day.

Is there a reason I watched Ookami Kakushi instead of To Aru Kagaku no Railgun? Do I enjoy putting myself through pain? :( Do I hate myself or something?

On the upside Ookami Kakushi is nearly over so WOOHOO! On the downside my other shows are ending soon too. While I am looking forward to K-On season two and am sure I will have at least one new show to watch the other shows are up in the air. I mean I am really counting on at least Angel Beats but hopefully I have at least another show. Three sounds a little light but blogging wise that is quite a lot. XD

This post is about Ookami Kakushi though right? Guess I better get to it.





Everyone in this story/anime is dumb. I could end my post there I guess but that would be super short. But yes everyone is super duper dumb in this series and they all fail at personal survival 101. Except the guy who got stabbed. He almost had the right message.

Photobucket

Yes according to my notes Hiroshi is dumb.

Hiroshi fails the most at trying to live. He got kidnapped two weeks ago and was told last week all about the wolves and how he is the main snack for wolves and his scent drives people crazy. Now after being told all this information did Hiroshi tell his family to pack up and leave town so at the very least THEY could live? I mean, Hiroshi should have thought about the wolves that are dying because of him but at the very, very least he should have cared about himself and his family.

Photobucket

I'm too dumb to realize that Hiroshi is dumb too.

But he doesn’t. And his father doesn’t really care about the seriousness of the situation. Maybe his father doesn’t know truly how bad things are but I am sure he knows it’s not all cupcakes and rainbows. Kaname also knows things are really, really bad. But do we see any of these characters running in fear from the wolves? Do we see them crying in the corner or being concerned about the situation?

Photobucket

Hiroshi came to the festival? What a dumbass.

NO! They instead decide to go to the Hassaku Festival. The place where all the wolves are going to be. The festival that exists to keep the wolves in line. Yes Hiroshi, after being told that you are wolf magnet number one the place you should go is to the wolf festival. Please be putting yourself in more danger. In fact next week you should slather yourself in A1-sauce and walk into a tiger’s den at the zoo.

Hiroshi is selfish. And stupid. I am rolling my eyes at the idea that he thinks he can help out in anyway. Okay he is curious. I am curious about a lot of things in life but I don’t put myself in danger. And as much as I hate most of the general population of the world I try to think of others. I don’t purposely do things that could injury or harm others. So while Hiroshi wanted to go frolic and see the festival that is designed to keep the wolves in line he was really causing more problems for everyone. But since no one told Hiroshi to stay away they suck too. Everyone fails at life WOOHOO!

Photobucket

So...it's only okay when you kill people and follow the rules?

So everyone goes to the festival. Even Nemuru. Despite the fact that she has lost her awesome job as the wolf slayer and she was under house arrest and that she was pissed at everyone she still has to be a part of the festival. Yeah okay, I so believe this. Is there a reason why Nemuru wasn’t kicking Kasai’s ass after she found out he offed her Uncle? I mean, there were some people behind Kasai but you would think maybe after they found out that Kasai takes out anyone who gets in his way they switch back to the “good” side. But no…because everyone is dumb.

Photobucket

Not smart: Attacking wolves in the open.

Actually I take that back. There is one smart person in this series. Sakaki. And now he has been painted the bad guy. Yep everyone is going to focus on how he tried to kill the entire town and forget about the wolves and why everything is their fault. I think if Sakaki tried to only take out the wolves he would be more of a hero. But BOO now he is a bad guy. At least he can go out knowing he is the only one with a brain.

Photobucket

Let's stand around and look stupid YAY!

But no one else. Because if I was a human I would just sit there while Nemuru sliced someone open. I think I heard a scream but did anyone run away. I am not sticking around for that kinda craziness. So you dumb humans, you get what you deserved. Doesn’t anyone want to live in this anime?

I do feel bad for Issei’s little girlfriend. She never had a chance. Hope the person she infected has one.

Photobucket

Very....Little House on the Prairie.

Oh and hi Kaori. You’re not dead. You get to be a temple maiden. Or a sacrifice. But you are still alive so yay?

Photobucket

Why aren't you more grateful that we didn't kill you?!

So Sakaki unleashes a crazed wolf at the festival and she infects a human. Nemuru kills her in the official way because having a cop handle the situation would be SILLY. No we must show the whole world what is going on. Then the older wolves decide that they are tired of not eating humans if they are going to act so ungrateful. It was an epic….nothingness with everyone staring at each other. And the humans not running away. And Kaname and Hiroshi thinking they could do something to help.

Photobucket

And nothing but the truth!

I love the part where Sakaki tells everyone the real truth about this town. Makes the wolves seems sneaky and evil offering up cheap land and a safe place to live. But even though Sakaki shed some light on the situation it kinda makes no sense. The wolves were a dying breed so they invited some humans to come live with them. Only Kaname’s family didn’t want the humans to be turned into wolves and they viewed their destiny as a curse. So…why are they doing this again? They don’t want to make more wolves but they didn’t want their race to die out even though they don’t want to be a part of this sad future? WOOT FOR MAKING SENSE.

Photobucket

I give you a knife as a parting gift.

I’m a little sad that Sakaki killed Kasai. Kasai deserved to die but I think it would have been more poetic if Nemuru had done the deed. I did like that Kasai almost showed a bit of humanity to warn others about the dam breaking. Then he said only save the wolves and he goes back on the asshole list. Bleed more.

Photobucket

Quick take the focus off us!!!

So the episode ends with everyone putting aside their differences and running to save the dam. Apparently Kaname and Hiroshi didn’t get the memo that they are merely human and will only slow people down. Maybe in their absence the other humans will grow a brain and run away in fear. Poor Sakaki being painted as the bad guy. :(

Oh yeah Isuzu…..wait I don’t care. XD

Photobucket

Oh yeah...you....





No comments: