Monday, June 14, 2010

XXXholic Chapter 205


Photobucket

No girls allowed!!!

XO It’s been forever since I got to blog about XXXholic. I am actually pretty excited even if the overall feel of this chapter made me sad. Also 50 pages CLAMP? Are you trying to kill me from shock? If so you are doing a great job. I was fully expecting to have a normal chapter despite XXXholic not being released since April? At least I think April. But CLAMP has shown me and their fans some love so I am rejoicing.

Prepare for spoilers and me randomly pouting. Also WOOHOO for screenies.



Photobucket

Tiny text is tiny XO

There truly has been a transition from old shop keeper to new. The very first page describes the shop but fails to mention Yuko at all. Her time has passed. Watanuki is now the shop owner and he has made a name for himself. I am saddened by this fact but it is necessary. By saying it is Watanuki’s shop makes Yuko’s death very real. Also it makes me feel sad for Watanuki too as I wanted him to have a normal life outside the shop but now he is trapped as well. Not sure why Yuko wanted this, to have Watanuki repeat her life but meh. Maybe she had a reason. A reason that has yet to be explained. Or maybe she is hoping someone can stop this cycle.

Photobucket

Honey I'm home!!!!

In any event life seems to be the same in the shop. Domeki has arrived “home” and brought ingredients for dinner. Watanuki still acts like Domeki’s presence is a nuisance but not as ANGRILY as he has done in the past. The twins still bounce around and act special and black Mokona is a heavy little drinker. A happy little happily indeed.

Photobucket

Eating is totally helping!!!

After the drinking and eating the girls and Mokona go to clean up. Then Watanuki says THE PHRASE. You know, the phrase that seems really unnatural to say in a normal conversation but must be said so the audience knows what is going on. We might roll our eyes at such phrases but sometimes there is no other way to let out important information.

Photobucket

My brain is still trying to comprehend this ten years issue X_X.

That being said….10 YEARS?!?!?!?! It’s been 10 years since Yuko died?! 6 years have passed since the last chapter?!?!?!?! XO That makes Domeki 26 now!! Of course I am 26 too but STILL!!! Watanuki is still 16 so a 10 year differences is making my head explode. Also that means it has been 10 years since Watanuki has been trapped in that shop and that really saddens me. I know that he and Syaoran had to make sacrifices to get out of Fei Wong Reed’s trap but it still depresses me. I know that Watanuki made that sacrifice because he wanted to wait for Yuko and he doesn’t really see it as suffering. But I do thus the sadness. :(

TEN YEARS PEOPLE!

Photobucket

Domeki is suspicious of smoke monsters because he watched LOST....10 years ago!!!

So after Domeki explains to us readers that he is still studying FOLK LORE with Kohane he asks Watanuki about the visitor that came to the shop recently. Watanuki points out that the visitor is right there. Apparently the little…smoke thingy around Watanuki is a something. We are not told what the something is the entire chapter but Watanuki seems to be at peace with the smoke creature. Domeki still shows his cautious side and gives the smoke A LOOK every time it…might do something?

Photobucket

Apparently I do not handle change well.

MOG IT’S BEEN TEN YEARS! My poor little Kohane is all grown up and attending college. Apparently Domeki is her teacher now or something. Not that I was really paying attention as I was still crying over the fact that Kohane is now 18 years old and no longer that cute kid with tons of hair. Now she is a young woman with tons of hair. Everything is changing!!!

Photobucket

Watanuki was randomly conducting the air the entire chapter.

Anyway Kohane arrives at the shop because it’s…food season or something. She is picking up food for grandma which makes me happy that she is still alive and kicking. Kohane ends up staying for dinner where there is more unnatural conversation about Kohane taking classes with Domeki and how her mother is doing. You know, stuff that was probably discussed already WHEN IT HAPPENED but we readers need to know. But during this meal Domeki and Kohane keep staying at the smoke thing as Watanuki waves his arms around and plays with the smoke thingy. Their looks of concern do not fill my heart with reassurance.

Photobucket

Smoke monsters get a high resell value in the Other World.

After dinner Domeki stays behind because Watanuki has a request of him. Since Domeki is in love with Watanuki of course the answer is yes. XD Watanuki explains that something is about to enter the shop and Domeki needs to shoo it away with his magical arrow. Watanuki cannot maintain the barrier with the little one around (what he calls the smoke monster) but it’s in danger and this must be done. Domeki says yes because saying no to Watanuki is not possible.

Photobucket

Sure...we'll go along with this for now.

The conversation for the next few pages is confusing. Watanuki is having a conversation with the smoke monster and Domeki can only hear Watanuki’s side. I am sure once the smoke monster thing is explained it will all make sense but for now I am like WHAT IS GOING ON?!! Sorta like how Domeki looks in this picture but with more expression on my face.

Photobucket

Domeki's life everyday for the past 10 years. Yay.

So putting aside the fact I have no idea what Watanuki was talking about and what is going to happen Domeki makes me AWWW. He is going to stand in the rain for hours shooting at giant….arms/hands that are coming to steal the smoke monster because he loves Watanuki. OPEN YOUR EYES WATANUKI! This is love. I probably would have asked Watanuki more about what is going on but Domeki shows that he really trusts Watanuki and simply does what he asks. Even if that means he is in danger and he might have to do with for hours.

Photobucket

This will probably not end well...

While Domeki is shooting away the hangs Watanuki watches as he protects the smoke thingy monster. He wanted to go inside to protect the smoke monster but smokey wants to stay outside for some reason. Watanuki is waiting for a summons? we gather and then things will be okay. But probably not after Watanuki gets seriously hurt as the last page shows Watanuki bleeding true CLAMP style: all over the place and slashed up. I am sure Domeki will not be pleased with this development.

I probably should have waited to post this chapter until after the arc was over but truly I was excited. This post probably doesn’t make much sense as we don’t know what is going on with smokey and I spent too much time bawwwwing over it being ten years since Watanuki took over the shop. But soon (hopefully) things will be explained and Domeki can fawn all over Watanuki. AW.
WHEN IS THE EGG THING GOING TO BE COVERED?!?!?!?!

2 comments:

foamySponge said...

I think Kohane looks lovely as an adult C:

Christina said...

JoyJoy- Kohane is SUPER adorable as an adult. I wish there was more of her in the manga. :(