Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru episode 8


Photobucket

I have a license to be this sexy.

Today my brain feels slightly better. My eye is no longer twitching and I am only angry at LOST and not ENRAGED like I was yesterday. That and my house is clean which always puts me in a better mood. So I am sorry Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru for delaying your post but it is better this way. Now you get my full attention and happy mood. YAY FOR HAPPY MOODS!

Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru makes me smile. The same way that boys go on and on about hot girls in anime and cute moe girl I too go a little XD over pretty boys. Especially when said pretty boys are being gorgeous with other pretty boys. Only I like to pretend I am not a creepy person. XO It is a pure love I believe in!

Beware of screenies. I went…crazy or something. That and there were lots of MOMENTS that needed capturing. XD Enjoy.



Photobucket

Ungrateful brats!

Episode Summary: Things at the Twilight Mansion are fun and happy. People are driving Tooma crazy because they don’t want to eat his cooking and Yuki is smiling at this happy family scene. Tachibana shows Yuki to the bath where they met up with Hotsuma. But the boys accidentally walk in on the naked girls and are yelled at. While yelling Toko accidentally slips and informs Yuki he used to be a girl and this time HE HEARD! The boys take their turn in the bath even though Hotsuma hates that Yuki is there. Yuki takes a minute to be X_X about being a girl but he is more concerned about Shuusei not bathing with the rest of them. Hotsuma gets all pissy and his angry (naked) self stomps out…right into the changing room where Shuusei was taking off his shirt. There are scars over his body and he quickly covers up. It is unclear which boy is bothered by the situation but Hotsuma admits the scars are his fault. Also they have this conversation with Hotsuma naked. Awesome. Luka and Yuki has a moment outside while Yuki worries about Hotsuma being a jerk….I mean lonely.

Photobucket

Danger Luka! DANGER!

Luka decides that he is going to walk Yuki (IN HIS CAR) to school despite that the other kids go to the same school too. Luka shows off his awesome license and makes all the students stare at his hot body and car. He wishes Yuki a good day at school (which comes across as another moment) and off he goes. Enter Kanata who was “waiting” for Yuki in the shadows. Yuki is so excited to see Kanata he doesn’t ask the obvious questions like HOW DID YOU FIND ME. Kanata apologizes for being distant and asks Yuki to come home. This too ends up being a moment but Toko and Tsukumo interrupt it because they are awesome like that. He leaves promising to call Yuki later and Toko is all suspicious. After school Yuki informs Luka of Kanata’s random encounter and Luka promises to follow Yuki anywhere. But then it battle time as three random Duras show up. They don’t know who Luka is which is a bit sad but they die knowing the truth because Luka is awesome.

Photobucket

Look at me being all cute and innocent!

Luka is afraid that Yuki is afraid of him/his scary powers but Yuki surprises him when Yuki asks about Luka’s past. Luka gives very few details, mainly that he used to kill without question and that he belongs to a family of sinners. But all that changed when he met Yuki. Yuki tries to ask if Luka means him or the girl Yuki but the moment ends. Elsewhere Takashiro is being all cryptic and Toko is wondering why Yuki has been reborn a boy this time when all the other times Yuki was a girl. Tachibana thinks that Yuki being a boy might signify the end of their war. Even though Yuki is worried about Luka’s feelings he makes a special necklace for Luka to protect him. YAY FOR MOMENTS. But then Yuki makes necklaces for everyone else so the moment wasn’t as special. Shuusei seems…happy to receive his necklace and offers to give Hotsuma his necklace. Yuki wonders if Shuusei is feeling okay and apparently Hotsuma plays games? Yuki tries to call Kanata but Kanata is too busy in his den of darkness and his Duras minions. The end!!!!

Photobucket

Who invited girls into this yaoi story?!

This week was pretty tame of action and storyline. But that’s fine. Not every week can be amazing. And after watching like 50 episodes of LOST in 5 days I don’t think I can handle anything amazing anyway. I will settle for ordinary and necessary.

Photobucket

MORE FREAKING OUT PLEASE!

YUKI WAS A GIRL?! SAY IT AIN’T SO?! Yeah no. Yuki is slightly slow. Toko (I WANT TO SPELL IT WITH A U!!!) has let it slip before that Yuki was a girl but this time Yuki was actually paying attention. Apparently Yuki wasn’t that embarrassed that he was beyond catching Toko’s slight mix up. Yay for Yuki knowing the truth!

Photobucket

Yay for having conversations while naked!

Not that he dwelled on it for very long. He asked briefly about it in the bath but he let it go because Hotsuma’s naked body was distracting him. Okay maybe Yuki was more concerned about Shuusei not participating in the naked time but the point is Yuki really wasn’t all that concerned about having a vagina at one point in time. He did almost mention it in front of Luka but he seems to be more concerned that Luka was in love with this other person. Which I would be worried about too. But I would probably worry more about how I used to have boobies first. Because I have priorities.

Photobucket

I am sure that you are a much better Yuki than girl Yuki! No worries.

I predict this will be the purple elephant in the room for some time. Yuki will constantly try to ask if Luka’s loyalty really lies with him or if Luka is only with Yuki because of girl Yuki. Which is something Yuki really should be concerned about. However I don’t want him to dwell on it for the entire series. I rather him ask it, Luka say some romantic stuff about how Yuki is Yuki…and that he looks better with a penis anyway. XD…But I don’t think that is going to happen so I predict hurt feelings and sad Yuki faces.

Photobucket

How many times have these kids been reborn?! X_X

But something Toko said made me slightly interested. She talked about how all the other times Yuki had been a girl and this has been the only time Yuki was reborn a boy. I assumed that our heroes were reincarnated just the one time. You know, some horrible battle where everyone died and got a second chance to kill the baddie. BUT NO our heroes have been fighting sparkle demons for a long time now which makes me go X_X. But yay for Yuki being a boy and possibly being able to stop the cycle?

Photobucket

Just so delighted...

Shuusei was in a better mood today. Which shows me that his cold act towards Yuki was only because Hotsuma is not on team Yuki yet. I do think that the show could have been slightly more smooth about the whole OH NO Shuusei has a scar thing. A little dramatic and abrupt for my tastes.

Photobucket

I AM SHOCKED! They kept me in the dark for so long too!

I am sure it will turn out that Hotsuma was trying to save Shuusei and that is how he sustained the injuries. But more likely Hotsuma was being reckless and Shuusei had to save him. Either way I am sure it will be blamed on Yuki woohoo! Makes me wonder if the incident made Shuusei and Hotsuma closer friends or if Hotsuma is still blaming himself to that day. But I was feeling a special moment between those two. A lot of special feelings.

Photobucket

Don't be a cheater Yuki!

Yuki needs to learn to start asking questions. Like how Kanata knew how to find him. Okay so he had Yuki’s new address. But how did he know what school Yuki went to? We all know that Kanata is the baddie (OH NO!) but Yuki doesn’t so he really should be questioning Kanata’s random showing up and why he didn’t talk to him before he left Tokyo. Which plot wise Kanata should have tried to convince Yuki to stay with him well before today but whatever. This was more dramatic. Also there was a moment but Toko and her snack eating brother interrupted it.

Photobucket

I'm too sexy for my car, too sexy for my car....

Luka’s car looks like crap. Why were all those kids going crazy over that piece of junk? Looked normal to me. Also didn’t he say he was going to walk Yuki to school? And why wouldn’t all the kids walk to school together. They need to bond more. But then we wouldn’t get to see half naked Luka making all the young boys and girls jealous of Yuki. Yay for bonding time.

Photobucket

How dare they not recognize Luka and his sexy tattoo.

The mid level Duras were boring and only semi hot. One would think that Kanata would warn him minions that they are going to go fight against Luka but maybe they aren’t working with Kanata? Or Kanata knew they wouldn’t go if they knew it was Luka? Either way they were dumb for not realizing who it was. How many hot Duras are they with such a distinctive tattoo?

Photobucket

This moment needs more sparkles!

A tiny bit of Luka’s past was revealed. The tiniest. But it sounds like Luka might not be a REAL demon, just some human whose family has been cursed for 849676 years and maybe after all this war stuff is over he and Yuki can settle down and raise kittens and bunnies. Or maybe Luka is a demon. It was pretty standard stuff, I had no soul, I liked to kill and feel nothing, blah blah. I think it was more important that Yuki was asking about Luka and accepting him rather than that tiny tidbit of information. I am sure more will come.

Photobucket

Kanata needs a bigger crew...

And that is basically it. Toko is surrounded by a bunch of men who have the hots for other men. Life must be interesting in that mansion. But this episode was decent. A few points got covered and Kanata is busy being a creepy bad guy. I would say all is on track but I have no idea what the plot is about so I am going to assume the pace is slow but necessary. Hopefully Hotsuma will stop being an asshole soon. Also I approve of more bath scenes. XD

Photobucket

Clearly boobies are lost on this crowd...


Photobucket

Everyone say AWWWW! XD


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Total fan service episode makes fan happy XD

Almost happy enough to ignore that nothing in the plot was advanced whatsoever -_-; Oh well. I get my sweet ultra shoujo fix from this show, and I'm not ashamed to admit I like it.

There was one moment that really stood out, and I think it did to you as well judging from your review... when Yuki said "was that really me?" Asking the tough questions! Luka was pretty unremarkable in his dumbfounded silence. It's like it's never crossed his mind that though girl and boy Yuki share the same soul, they were reborn with different personalities, likes and interests, and it makes his unwavering love seem borrowed and/or misplaced.

I think Hotsuma and Shuusei's backstory is way more angsty and sexy and interesting than the main couple's, but that Hotsuma... and his eyebrows... I just like looking at Yuki and Luka together more.

Christina said...

Anonymous- I think that reincarnated lovers can be done in such a way that is sweet and meant to be. But when one person is reincarnated and the other one stays EXACTLY the same that is a problem. Especially when the reincarnated one has changed genders. That is bound to cause really hurt feelings and confusion.

I do think it is SORTA romantic that Luka would love Yuki no matter what but he has to respect that Yuki might feel second to his previous carnation. Luka needs to make an effort to show that he loves this Yuki and that this isn't just a BECAUSE IT IS love.

Since Luka has been stalking...I mean protecting Yuki since he was born maybe he has gotten to know this Yuki but if this is all unsaid it is worthless. Personally if I was Yuki I be more concerned about the fact I used to have a vagina. I would figure out the Luka stuff later after I had my identity crisis.

The amounts of naked men in this episode made me happy too XD

Anonymous said...

Re: reincarnated lovers falling in love again, I completely agree that it can be sooo good when done right. I think Sailor Moon and Please Save My Earth are two of my favorite examples of that plot device.

The crucial incredibly important thing you pointed out is the main diff between those series and this one... BOTH parties were reincarnated. And furthermore they got to know each other and stuff before they fell in love again.

On one level this is your typical shoujo fare, where you could replace the lead character with a girl, watch her get rescued a lot by her ultra hot mystery bf, and you're just waiting for the main couple to have their first kiss.

However by making her into a boy, I think the mangaka was doing more than just giving it a shounen-ai flavor... to date in the manga it's still unresolved whether what Luka loves is Yuki or a memory of someone who's long dead, and it's a point of tension between them. That's sort of deep for your average shoujo (or shounen-ai) love story.

The other day I mentioned the rarity of shounen-type action with boys-love themes, and I just discovered this delightful manga NUMBER that has both: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/number/

Preview pics:
http://img36.nj.us.mangafox.com/store/manga/3860/01-002.0/compressed/number02_02_03.jpg

http://img36.nj.us.mangafox.com/store/manga/3860/01-002.0/compressed/number02_25.jpg

If you ever have time to read it, please share your thoughts(^o^)=b

Christina said...

Anonymous- That is a little sad that Luka and Yuki haven't resolved that very important issue yet. But Luka doesn't seem very....sensitive to the needs of others and Yuki is too sensitive to demand an answer. So it sounds like this will be a plot point until the very end. Hopefully Yuki will realize by Luka's actions his real love and maybe Luka will say something slightly nice to confirm that. XD

More violent yaoi?! XD Why can't the attractive gay boys get along?! But it does look interesting. I will have to look into that, thank you. XD

Anonymous said...

"Why can't the attractive gay boys get along?!"

Because there are already soooo many stories about them being smoochy and romantic.

They need to get beat up and become obsessed with sociopaths once in a while too XD