Monday, June 28, 2010

Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitte Iru Episode 12

Monday already? Time sure is flying by fast for me. Good on days I work and bad on my days off. Also good because I am one week closer to Japan but bad because I will wake up one day soon and wonder where my life went.

Photobucket

Even the episode title implies yaoi XO

Putting that aside it is another exciting episode of Shuusei is kidnapped. Err I mean Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru. The plot is slowly but surely chugging along and we are along for the ride. But I heard this ride has a few half naked boys so all is good.

If you are into yaoi undertones, sparkly boys, and overdramatic screaming scenes you have come to the right place. Come, be amazed.



Photobucket

Don't mess with my boyfriend!

Episode Summary: Hotsuma and Yuki run towards the unconscious Shuusei but is stopped by Ashley and her poofy dress. Yuki runs to free Shuusei while Hotsuma takes on Ashley. She mocks him a bit by telling him Shuusei is sleeping forever. Yuki injuries himself freeing Shuusei and finds out Ashley was telling the truth, that Shuusei really is unable to wake up. Ashley and Hotsuma fight for a while but then Ashley grows her hair like a freak and binds him. She goes on and on about how Shuusei chose to go to sleep and leave Hotsuma behind. Hotsuma gets a little emotional and thinks back to the times when Shuusei was there for him. Hotsuma is slightly broken both from her words and actions. Elsewhere Luka is SLOWLY making his way to the castle. Seeing that Hotsuma is down for the count Yuki steps in and tries to be brave. Yuki shields Hotsuma from a blow which pisses Ashley off. Hotsuma is done being unconscious while Yuki is making his I love my friends speech and once again tries taking out Ashley. Ashley manages to capture both boys and fun times are not had. There is more hurting of Hotsuma and messing with his mind. He starts yelling at Shuusei to not leave him behind and wake up.

Photobucket

So romantic.

Before Hotsuma can be squished Ashley has a sword in her. Shuusei has woken up from the sound of Hotsuma’s beautiful voice and tried to splat Ashley. The boys have a moment (that isn’t a hug so it doesn’t count) and the two boys show Yuki how Zweilt Guardians fight as pairs. They do a great job kicking her butt and are about to finish her off when Shuusei is injuried from another direction. The Reiga minion twins have showed up and mock the boys as they fight as two as well. Hotsuma doesn’t go a great job fighting on both boys and things look pretty bad. Ashley almost splats Hotsuma and Yuki but Luka FINALLY shows up and kills her in a storm of petals. Since Luka is there everyone is magically able to fight (as Yuki heals Shuusei) and one of the twins loses his arm and the other is severely injuried. Luka tries to be all cool about the situation but suddenly the room turns into ice before they can kill the twins. Luka is like oh that’s Reiga as Mr. Reiga himself walks all dramatically down the stairs. The imaginary wind blows away his cloak and SURPRISE it is Kanata. Yuki being the only one who didn’t know this is shocked and THE END!

Photobucket

Hotsuma was pretty cute too...

XO Shuusei finally has been rescued! It has only taken like 4 episodes or something but the lovely has been saved. We don’t know how Tsukumo is doing but one thing at a time. And I guess Shuusei really isn’t totally rescued yet….but he is conscious and moving around. Success people success.

Photobucket

I'm going to slice your face off!

Hotsuma was kickin’ a lot of butt this episode. Of course he had to try harder because he could see his “partner” (I kinda love that was put in quotations for the episode title) so it is understandable that Hotsuma keeps getting up despite he is getting his face pounded into the ground. Hotsuma is fighting for love.

Photobucket

I hate you Ashely. You and your stupid dresses.

XO Ashley was evil. I mean….we already knew she was evil what with the kidnapping people and putting them to sleep. But to make Hotsuma doubt Shuusei’s feelings was low down. You are already beating the crap out of him why do you have to mess with his mind? Also I forgive Hotsuma for having a moment of doubt. He was in pain, he couldn’t think straight, and sometimes Shuusei acts a little emo so maybe it was try. But instead of giving up Hotsuma screamed at Shuusei not to leave him behind.

Photobucket

This is like 15 times more helpful that Chizuru already. XO

Yuki was actually helpful this episode. XO He was running around healing people left and right. He tried to protect Hotsuma from being squished and was only “kidnapped” once. He’s done good people. Although I think he needs a weapon so he can be more useful. Or at least not as vulnerable. Good job Yuki. Your name is not Chizuru.

Photobucket

I must be dramatic too!

Hotsuma’s voice was able to wake Shuusei up. I wish more of that was shown and not BAM Shuusei threw a sword into Ashley. But I will forgive the lack of mushy reunion since they were still in danger. The in sync fighting was slightly over the top but Shuusei and Hotsuma needed some bonding time, even if the overall message WORKING IS PAIRS TOGETHERNESS theme was really coming on strong. Also Shuusei gots a sword people XO For some reason I thought he was more of the defensive person but he can fight too. Yay for Shuusei kicking butt.

Photobucket

Clearly this show is not about the hugs.

But I do think that Shuusei should have said more in this episode. Granted Shuusei doesn’t know how much Hotsuma has suffered from him being gone Shuusei should have said something. They have issues to work out (Yuki healing Hotsuma’s heart and Hotsuma thinking Shuusei left him). Both boys were playing it too cool, acting like everything is okay now. But deep down they need to have a heart to heart. I guess it is possible they will have one later, when the demon aren’t trying to kill them.

Photobucket

I'm too sexy for a watch too sexy for a watch.

LUKA! You were super late. My boys Hotsuma and Shuusei did most of the work and you show up at the end to take the credit. Shame on you for overshadowing the love birds with your awesomeness. But I guess since you apologized for being late you have been forgiven. This time anyway. Although I am sure next episode he is going to be fawning over Yuki after the battle and I will be happy again.

Photobucket

Is she being deleted or dying? X_X

I am not sure how I feel about Ashley dying into a million flower petals. I mean mocking her scream after she blew up is a given. But death should be messy or at the least…instant. Not this slow beautiful process of dissolving into flower petals. Heck I would take the blue sparkles of POOFNESS over this. Not sure why I don’t like the flower petals but I don’t.

Photobucket

Okay so I think they are cute and that might be clouding my judgment.

When the twins were nearly killed I went XO. Surely Reiga wasn’t going to lose all his minions in one episode right? But for now he has like 1.5 minions so things aren’t looking good for his crew. Can demons grow back their arms?

Photobucket

This is absolutely shocking people!

Reiga is Kanata! This is earth shattering news according to Yuki. Do you see the size of his eyeballs? Oh and ReigaKanata is actually an ice prince. I think it is unfair he gets such a cool power. So maybe him losing some of his minions really doesn’t matter as he is going to kick all their asses single handedly. But in any event poor Yuki. The (not surprising news) has shocked him and I predict he will spend most of the next episode being in denial and begging people not to hurt Kanata. Of course this will lead to Luka somehow getting hurt and Yuki feels guilty and it is emo time. Awesome.

Photobucket

I predict Yuki will not handle this well.

So on the upside Shuusei got rescued. Meh side is that we didn’t see a proper Hotsuma and Shuusei reunion and Shuusei magically wakes up because he hears Hotsuma’s voice. And the downside Shuusei technically isn’t rescued as the big baddie has arrived on scene and Yuki will probably be useless now and most of the episode will be dedicated to protecting his butt. XO Why must I wait another week to see the next episode? Patience, I has none.

Photobucket

Two boys are always better than one, especially when they like each other.


Photobucket

Behold the nonexistent wind!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dunno anime, where was this:

http://i.imgur.com/sMmV1.jpg

and this:

http://i.imgur.com/ntFW0.jpg

If they leave out a super special Luka + Yuki moment from the next volume I will be furious!

Don't slow down the yaoi train!!

Christina said...

Anonymous- Clearly the anime is allergic to touching. Seriously Shuusei has been missing and tied up by a crazy person and he gets no hug? Exactly.

Instead of implying the yaoi they need to just come out and give the fans what they want.

Anonymous said...

Dooon't even get me started on what's gone missing from Shuusei and Hotsuma:

http://i.imgur.com/pHMvH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/CrDXc.jpg

There's about two episodes to go before one of the shippiest moments in the story. I await with suspicion.

ibuKA said...

damnn!!

i want hotsuma and shusei hugging each otherr...

damn!! damn!!

Christina said...

ibuKA- No no no. See as our lovely anon has pointed out with those yummy pictures there is no hugging in the anime. Only in the manga. The anime apparently is trying to drive us insane with the lack of hugs...touching...more naked bathing scenes....

macy said...

I finally saw this episode today. I was surprised to see Shuusei on the offense as well. I thought like Tsukumo, his weapon can't really do much hurt, but I guess I was wrong.

"Good job Yuki. Your name is not Chizuru." <-- LOL. Maybe Chizuru should just donate her sword to Yuki since all she ever does is remove it from its scabbard.

Luka was super late! I don't understand why it took him so long. Bet it's his weird running. Did you notice? While running down the dark hall his left arm was moving ultra fast but his right arm remained stationary.

I thought the opasts were defeated a little too fast. I thought they're like Luka? They don't seem too difficult to kill. And why are they not as hot as Luka? I thought they're supposed to be drop dead gorgeous to lure us humans. Hahaha. But I guess Luka remains the super hottie.

Anyway, yey! Shuusei you are finally awake! (with a jacket conveniently left intact so you can cover your bare chest, why be modest now?)

Christina said...

Macy- I thought with all the cool powers Shuusei already had he couldn't possibly be a fighter too. XO Now Hotsuma is the one who looks slightly useless as all he does is...well look hot and kick butt. But I am sure they consider themselves equal so it is all good.

Chizuru just needs to stop carrying around that sword. If she is not going to use it it makes her a target. Better yet she can fall on it. XD

Luka is fashionable late. But clearly he gave Shuusei THE LOOK and that is why Shuusei is now covered. Only Luka is allowed to be naked.

I thought Ashley was going to be more than a one hit wonder but meh.