Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan episode 10


Photobucket

Seriously guys, what is going on?!

XO Slowly but surely I am catching up with series. Not sure why I wouldn’t fully catch up but I find it easier to watch one episode a week despite being behind. Makes my head less explody this way. It is hard to blog when your brain is mush! XO

But here is my random post. The mood of this episode is slightly more upbeat than the last post. XD I wonder what that could mean. But there is still some random confusion on my part so don’t expect any real information on the different factions and bad guys as I can barely keep up with who is who. Just…pretend everyone is bad but the Shinsengumi, that’s what I do.

This post is brought to you by falling gas prices. Falling gas prices. The thing that makes my wallet a little fatter even if it’s only for a brief time.


Photobucket

These men are so desperate for female attention...

Episode Summary: Chizuru is busy sweeping because that is the only thing she can do well. Shinpachi and Sanosuke arrive on the scene to flirt with Chizuru and let the audience know that the Shinsengumi now have a new headquarters woohoo! Elsewhere Itou is planning something evil while Saito spies on him and Heisuke lives in lala land. Yamazaki decides to stop being nonexistent and poses as a homeless man so Saito can pass him secret messages. Yamazaki then tests Chizuru’s loyalty and when she passes he gives her a book with all the aliments and medical histories of Shinsengumi. He also tells Chizuru to help Okita in case Yamazaki randomly dies. Chizuru replies that she will even though she acknowledges she sucks and Yamazaki shouldn’t die. Sanosuke is all pissed because he is getting blamed for a murder he didn’t commit. The dead person is someone super important but I am not sure why. Just it is serious business and the Shinsengumi are being blamed for the crime. Also it appears that tons of people know Saito is sick so I am not sure why it is a big secret.

Photobucket

This was all rather random...

Suddenly Saito returns because OH HI he was a spy. He reports that Itou is up to no good and is trying to frame the Shinsengumi and he plans on killing Kondou. Also he plans on telling the super important people about the Oni Squad. So it is decided that they are going to kill Itou and if Heisuke gets in the way well too bad. Chizuru is all OH NO and Toshizo gets pissed at her. After everyone leaves Saito is cryptic to Chizuru but shows his support is rescuing Heisuke. Toshizo and Kondou go to meet with Itou to discuss plans about fighting the baddies. Later Itou walks back to his headquarters and is killed in an instant. Saito and Chizuru make it to Itou’s headquarters to talk to Heisuke. After being told that Itou is planning on betraying the Shinsengumi Heisuke decides to cover his ears and go LALALA I can’t hear you! Then he gets word that Itou is dead and runs off to help. Itou’s men try to capture Chizuru but Saito offers to stay behind and give Chizuru time to escape. Itou’s men run to get Itou’s body but they are jumped by the Shinsengumi who wipe them out. Then TADA Amagiri and Shiranui show up with a bunch of men because this was all a trap.

Photobucket

Aw poor Itou. :( So sad.

So while all this random fighting is going on Kaoru decides to sneak up on Okita as he sleeps. She reveals that she is Chizuru’s twin and TADA have some red potion of oniness. Okita repays her by trying to cut off her head but she poofs away. Chizuru and Heisuke make it to the battle where the Shinsengumi are seriously out numbered. Amagiri promises that he will let everyone leave if Chizuru gives herself up. She eventually agrees but Sanosuke and Shinpachi are like OH NO Chizuru we got this. Oh and Heisuke is instantly forgiven and he rejoins the Shinsengumi. During the fight Heisuke loses his weapon in an effort to protect Chizuru. As a result he is seriously injuried by Amagiri and Chizuru does the dramatic screaming thing. THE END!

Photobucket

Instant forgiveness! Isn't it wonderful?!

Saito came back! It was all a bad dream people. The series is saved, everyone can go home now.

Photobucket

Never doubt me!

Okay so that was rather dramatic. But I am happy that Saito isn’t some evil scum who left Shinsengumi because of some lame ass reason. He was sent to spy on Itou’s obviously evil ass. I thought that was the case but I didn’t think both Heisuke and Saito were sent to be spies. So I will lie and say I never doubted you Saito!!! Thank goodness you weren’t gone for long. Of course it was kinda iffy how you came back so soon and I was hoping you weren’t a double agent. Then I remembered that you don’t like to show expression or talk….or look interested in anything at all so I chalked it up to being normal. XD

Photobucket

Yeah duh everyone. Of course he was a spy.

Saito better not be dead though. He was left with three red shirts to kill so he should be okay. Also he can’t come back just to die off screen.

Photobucket

So I hate you now. You have greatly disappointed me!

Heisuke is a different story. He sucks. And if he ends up dying from his injuries I will not be crying rivers of tears for him. I doubt he will die but whatever. He actually wanted to go off with Itou and find himself. Even after Chizuru and Saito came to inform him Itou was a lying sack of crap he was ready to fight against the Shinsengumi. Had Chizuru offered herself to the baddies who knows what side Heisuke would have been on. So Heisuke and his flip floppin self can go rot on the side of the road. Bye loser, have fun following someone who everyone hated for like 9 episodes and SHOCK it turned out that he was a baddie. You are not forgiven Heisuke.

Photobucket

This is so helpful let me tell you.

MOG Chizuru you were so useless in this episode I want to strangle you. Seriously. I think Miaka from Fushigi Yuugi was more useful than you and you HAVE a sword. You are running around with a sword and are acting like a complete useless waste of space. At the very least you could protect yourself from one blow right? But no, you are too busy screaming and almost getting kidnapped and causing people to be injuried because of you. But since Heisuke is on my crap list….it’s okay that he was the one injuried protecting you. However you still suck Chizuru. STOP IT!

Photobucket

Such a great liar!

Well the whole Kaoru was handled rather…randomly. And without any sort of surprise or big reveal. Not sure why Kaoru would want to save Okita when a few weeks ago she was helping people beat the Shinsengumi for guarding a sign. Okita already has access to the red potion of doom and his comes free of poison. Why would Okita want Kaoru’s potentially lethal(er) red potion? Maybe her dad has improved the medicine and he won’t turn into Sannan but there is no way Okita would know that. So this was all really random. Like HI I am giving you a potion you already have and let me slide into the conversation that I am Chizuru’s twin. So natural this conversation.

Photobucket

Brb finding my violin!

Itou is dead WOOHOO! Of course the way he died was super lame. Like…this entire series he has been this important person. Heisuke even thought he was worthy enough to join the Shinsengumi. So how is it he gets taken out without killing anyone first? Such lameness. But of course I don’t care because I am glad he’s dead. Ding dong the witch is dead!! Rejoice the masses.

Photobucket

Exactly. Don't be stupid!

Once again I have no idea what is going on with the factions and the baddies and what not. Just going with the flow here people. TO simplify things for myself I just pretend that the onis are using anyone who has a problem with everyone else as tools to further their agenda. Quite frankly all this back stabbing is more confusing than any soap opera. I am actually sorry for the people of Japan for having such crazy people in control of the country.

Photobucket

Yeah you better be sorry!

I am so confused why Toshizo is the main love interest. He barely has any lines let alone any interaction with Chizuru. But putting that aside I am not hating him this episode. He is doing what is best for his people. Saito went on a spying mission, Heisuke left them. Besides the initial hurt from losing a valuable member of their team to join forces with a questionable loser Toshizo did the right thing. They didn’t have time to find Heisuke and talk some sense into him. Toshizo was protecting the most people but Chizuru is too dumb to see that. So while Toshizo is a jerk most of the time today was not one of them. Sorry you get a bum rap.

Photobucket

See even the characters don't know what is going on!!!

Two more episodes to go people! Will Saito live? Is Toshizo going to get the girl? Will Chizuru stop being a useless pile of crap? Will Chizuru ever find her dad? Or are we in for a second season of this special show. XO Stay tuned to find out!

Photobucket

So underrated my Saito.


Photobucket

WHAT A FUNNY JOKE!!!!

8 comments:

macy said...

Just want to drop a note, I've been feeling stalker-ish for a while now. I found your blog a couple weeks ago and saw that you're watching a couple of the same series I'm currently watching. Your entries are so entertaining to read! It always makes me laugh.

I am confused as well with the factions and whatnot. I tried really hard at one point to keep it all straight, but alas it failed. I just ignore it now when it comes up, lol.

Anyway, yeah! Just wanted to say hi and that i'm a new fan of your blog! Keep 'em coming!

Christina said...

macy-I love making people laugh. Well as long as they are not laughing at me anyway. XD

When it comes to this family and that family I kinda just...ignore it too. Like okay everyone is a bad guy and we hate them WOOHOO! It makes life much simpler.

The Summer Season is going to be kinda light for me but if I pick up two new shows then I will still have 4 to blog about. Hopefully I can keep ya entertained. XD

macy said...

Nah, I'm laughing with you and not at you, at all the silliness that I continue to watch anyway. I'm only watching Hakuouki and Uraboku at the moment myself. There's not much out there that's got me interested quite yet. So I'll just have to keep stalkin' your blog in the meantime XD

Anonymous said...

I don't know if Toshizou is the obvious romantic partner. I think Chizuru X Souji has been more developed. I even wonder if that scene with Yamazaki was pointing in that direction. (If it wasn't, I have no idea where they were going with that).

As to the factions, that is confusing. I guess it would make more sense to a Japanese audience who studied this stuff in school.

Jan S. said...

I think Toshizo is okay for being Chizuru's love interest, although it's interesting that it's not one of the younger guys - the guys more her age, i.e. Harada, Shinpachi or Saito. I'm finally also tired of Chizuru being so useless. It was sort of cute at first, but by now, it's annoying. ;)

Christina said...

abandonedfactory-At this point everyone but Toshizo would be a better love interest. X_X He has barely spent any time with her and when he does it kills him to be nice to her. I'm on team Souji (even though he needs to stop threatening her...) despite the fact he is dying.

I think the faction stuff is really lost on a lot of people. We must simply nod our heads and smile. Calling everyone who isn't in the Shinsengumi the bad guys works for me. XD

Jan S.- I think if Toshizo is supposed to be the love interest he needs to get his act together and actually spend time with the girl. A lot of it has been forced, that Chizuru has to be with him simply because he is the "main" guy. But since I am on team Souji I am a bit biased.

You would think after spending a year with the Shinsengumi Chizuru would have learned to be a little more useful. Clearly all she has been doing is bringing tea and sweeping...

Anonymous said...

LOOL i so agree, there are quite a lot of things i don't understand .__., they said something about Heisuke joining the rasetsu, and taking the medicine whattt?! o_o when did he even drink that stuff :>? lol

and FKK Chizuru is SO FKING annoying, her uselessness is so... omg reminds me so much of orihime........ ugh ==

Christina said...

Anonymous- Chizuru does not get better...ever! EVER! Also focusing on the rasetsu portion of this show is almost useless. :( I know that in hindsight. Saves a few people but it is not a major part of the show despite how this anime was marketed.