Saturday, June 26, 2010

Kobato Drop 21c

CLAMP. I love you. Seriously I do. I would say I am your biggest fan but I am sure there is someone out there who has their entire wall plastered in CLAMP merchandise, have every single figurine known to mankind, and would spend thousands of dollars to meet the ladies. So I will just say I love you and that I am a fan.

Photobucket

Please make me smile CLAMP.

With that said…why do you torture me?! (Yes angry anon, it’s going to be one of THOSE posts. Deal with it) Have I not been loyal to you? Do I not go around singing your praises to all I know? Have I not stuck by you through the debacle that is X/1999 “hiatus”? Have I not devoted myself to FaixKurogane? I have loved you and supported you for so long…and then you do THIS.

What exactly am I talking about? The fail that is Kobato Drop 21c. Come. Be mad with me. Be warned that it will be brief.


Why is it going to be brief? Because this chapter is 11 pages long people. 11 pages. Just wow. I know that CLAMP is limited by the magazine they are currently being published in. So maybe part of this post should be directed at Newtype Japan. Newtype Japan, has CLAMP not paid their dues? Are they not famous enough to deserve a few more pages in your publication? Is there a reason you are treating them like a 2 rate manga group? Explain to me why you are limiting quite possibily the most famous manga artists in the world to 11 damn pages. WHY!!! -_-

11 pages is a joke. Especially when you factor in that we only get 11 pages A MONTH. If it was per week it wouldn’t be as horrible but a month? Driving me crazy is the name of the game apparently.

So putting aside the fact that we only got 11 pages…the 11 page weren’t even that good! Maybe if we got 11 pages of AMAZINGNESS I would be less bitter about the quanity but both sucked people. No amount of CLAMP loving can change that fact.
Why did the 11 whole pages suck? Because we learned NOTHING new. Oh Kobato and the angel look exactly the same? WE KNEW THAT. Kobato and the angel share the same soul/different universe connection? DUH THIS IS CLAMP. Ginsei is sad about the situation and Mr. Bear makes everything sound so doom and gloom. NEVER SAW IT COMING.

Really I am so disappointed. We have to wait another 30 days to get anything new. Oh I guess we got one page of SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED TO KOBATO and that is dramatic. But considering we know Kobato went to see Okita it isn’t earth-shatter. So really our surprise is not surprising and we are going to see Okita treat Kobato like scum. Breaking it down we might have to wait a while to see something new XO Now I am really bummed.

Photobucket

Ioryogi could be mad at Kobato for ruining his future but instead he feels bad for her.

I do think that Ioryogi caring about Kobato is sweet. He has a lot riding on her making her wish. If she doesn’t he doesn’t get his angel back. But if Kobato grants her wish she will be separated from her love, the issue that Ioryogi is going through. So congratulations Ioryogi. You have a heart. You see the situation for what it truly is: sucky. But since you are in CLAMP land you can always pray that Yuko made it so everyone can be happy. Because the alternative is half of you die. It’s all or nothing with CLAMP.

Photobucket

Nope. No angels at all in CLAMP land.

This page makes absolutely no sense. Well I guess if Mr. Bear is talking about how inhabitants of the Other World not knowing what angels look like that is a bit more understandable. But not really since all the worlds are connected and OH HI Ioryogi had to meet her somehow. I guess I read that more as NO ONE knows the true forms of ALL the angels. Bleh I am so disappointed I have no idea what I am typing about.

Photobucket

Me thinks that Ioryogi needs to break that plan out soon.

I am not sure what Ginsei and Mr. Bear are implying about Ioryogi’s plan. Does he want to die to save his love because he can’t be with her? They are speaking as if there is going to be failure regardless (which at this point we can assume so as Kobato has like 7 pieces of candy) and Ioryogi has a plan to make sure his girl lives even if that means he is plushie man forever.

OR MAYBE THIS MEANS HE IS FUJIMOTO AND MY MIND JUST EXPLODED.

Photobucket

XO Okay now he is scary.

Mr. Bear has a moment of I HATE YOU IORYOGI but Ginsei leaves to go comfort his “friend”. I think out of all the animals trapped in these weird bodies Mr. Bear has handled the change the best. He probably has the most reason to be mad so I will allow him to have his moment of anger. He is very observant on the issues but doesn’t get involved. Interesting fellow.

Photobucket

Finishing your sentence would make too much sense!

And then the “chapter” ends with Fujimoto being freaked out because the kids are freaked out. Thanks for being misleading children. So special is our future. I love this manga but at times it completely frustrates me. I want more, I wanted to be wowed, and I want more than 11 pages.

I guess I should still be scrapping myself off the floor with the huge XXXholic chapter though…

Upon more reflection (or a big case of DUH) I realize that one should read drop 21 all together...as it was meant to be. Durp Tenchi. That is one chapter or at least what CLAMP tried to make a chapter. The whole a, b, and c is just a way to break the chapter up because the magazine hates us. So...yeah. Nothing was supposed to be revealing as we were suppose to read it all at once.

That being said...I am still disappointed. :( I want more. I don't want the same piece of the pie for 3 months. I want new pieces that are exciting and lovely. And possibly chocolaty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CLAMP broke my heart after they never finished X. I know that was due mostly to clashes with their publisher. I haven't been able to get deeply into another CLAMP series after X :(

Christina said...

Anonymous- I felt the exactly same way for a long time. I hesitated to get involved in Tsubasa because I wouldn't be able to handle the up in the air ending (or lack thereof). I also don't understand why they can't finish Legal Drug as that series wasn't violent or about earthquakes. Sometimes CLAMP makes it hard to love them...but like a fool I go back to them all the time. *sigh* They have a spell on me.