Thursday, April 12, 2012

Japan Trip 2011 Revisted! Tokyo Disneyland Tomorrowland

Hello there lovely readers! It is time to continue on with more Japan pictures. XD If you haven't seen enough yet....Since I love Disney I decided to start with Day 15 of our trip. So far I have reposted getting into the park and the Easter Wonderland parade.

A difference from the the Disney World I am used to and Disney Tokyo is that you can get to the different lands directly from the World Bazaar. The Disney World I am used to empties into the main hub in front of the castle. This is probably why we didn't get a day time picture of the front of the castle. We never walked that direction. Oh well, more for us to do next time we go to Japan. We have saved....$140 so far! WOOHOO!

Photobucket

I believe this was the Easter Egg Hunt challenge sign up area? Only I didn't know it at the time and I don't know if it was up when we went. So we did not part take in its loveliness. But for locals who can go all the time it sounds like a fun thing to do in a familiar park. XD For us apparently we had too much to see anyway to do the Egg Hunt. Yeah that is what I will tell myself.

So instead of going to the castle the husband and I went right. Onward to Tomorrowland!


Photobucket

While we were at Tokyo Disneyland Monsters, Inc. Ride and Go Seek was down. Upon looking at their website Tokyo Disney has rides down for maintence at the same time each year. So while we seemed to come at the perfect time last year (after Golden Week and during the Easter Wonderland) if we went again at that time Monsters, Inc. Ride and Go Seek would be down again. A shame since everyone seems to think this ride is fun. I have seen the wait times for this ride so it better be fun. So yeah no pictures of this ride.


Photobucket

Err...it felt like we did a lot when we were at the park. But when looking at the pictures I think oh we didn't do that...or that...or that. XD We did do a lot of things I swear. I think that the whole eating in "nice" sit down restaurants threw us off, instead of eating from carts and going. I think my husband would have loved this ride though and I hear (see) that the tuque line is pretty awesome.


Photobucket

A random stage area. It was early in the day so we clicked and kept on walking. I am looking at the map now and don't know what said stage is used for though....


Photobucket

Space Mountain at 9:30 in the morning. Apparently when the park opened everyone went running to get Fast Passes for certain rides. Like send your partner to get the Fast Pass while the other people get in line for the ride. By the time we made it to this attraction the wait was about an hour. I wish I kept track of the biggest wait times all day. I think that that Thunder Mountain might have been longer. But the husband said he would go later in the day if the line was shorter so on we went.


Photobucket

Picture of the queue. It looks rather short but I think inside the attraction the real line lurks. A lot of people were using their phones to entertain themselves in line. Me I would have been taking pictures every moment possible (as one will see during the Pooh ride).


Photobucket

Some shops in Tokyo Disney end in gift shops while some don't. Shocking I know as it seems EVERY ride in Disney World ends in a shop. Here is a picture of one of the said cute shops. Must donate some of my souvenir money there later.


Photobucket

MOG?! What is this?! My beloved Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters is down too?! What is going on here? But unlike the Monster's Inc. there was no sign outside the ride saying it was closed. We did locate a ride attraction person but they didn't speak much English. I think what they were saying was they were still checking the ride. Okay then on we go.


Photobucket

I swear people we actually did go on some rides and attractions. But...we didn't go on this one either. :( This is the most boring post ever isn't it? I swear next time I will! All the stuff I didn't go on I will next time and I will report back if it was interesting or not. But the stuffed animals for the Captain EO ride were scary.


Photobucket

Tenchi did you go on this ride? .......No. Tenchi is there a reason you are making this blog post? YES! To show people how lovely Tokyo Disney is. XD Apparently I was too busy riding everything in Fantasyland okay! All of this queue was in the sun though. The weather was really nice today, not to hot (for me) and a slight breeze so the husband didn't melt. But I can see how it might be too much for people to wait in line for during the summer time. All the fumes and all. Come to think of it...when is the last time I rode this ride? X__X The first visit to Disney on my 7th birthday? Poor sad Grand Circuit Raceway!


Photobucket

I rode this ride! First ride of the day. I am glad we went on it early in the day, when everyone else was in line for the "big" ticket rides. The way this ride queues up in any Disney seems to take so long, with the elevator and all. But due to everyone running to Mountains and Poohs we got in this ride in under 10 minutes. The husband tried to take pictures during the ride but they all came out like swirly abstract art paintings.


Photobucket

Later in the day....well really that night we were making our way back to the front of the park. I believe everyone was busy buying their obligatory souvenirs so lines for certain rides were considerable shorter than that had been during the morning/early afternoon.


Photobucket

Instead of going in the queue with my husband and leaving when we got up to the ride I decided to take some pictures outside.


Photobucket

Space Mountain changed into so many different colors. I just stood there for a while taking pictures. I thought I was going to have time to go shopping while waiting for my husband but soon he was by my side again. X__X That was a quick ride. He says he couldn't tell the different between this Space Mountain and the Disney World Space Mountain. Roller Coasters are not my thing so I wouldn't know.


Photobucket

Okay so now it is shopping time! We didn't want to get bogged down with lovelies while we were running around and quite frankly we were not aware of the lockers in the park (which buy the way cost 300 yen each time you open them). So as we were going to walk into the Tomorrowland store we saw earlier...BEHOLD! The Buzz Lightyear ride was now open! With only 30 minutes left in the park we hopped in line.


Photobucket

Hi Buzz! We are so happy your ride is opened. We love this ride back home and here was no exception. We didn't score as many points however. I am not sure if the values were changed or if my aim was just off. And as usual the husband kicked my butt.


Photobucket

After scoring so sad on Buzz Lightyear it was finally time to spend some money! Oh and take shop pictures in a dimly light store.


Photobucket

I want everything XO I saw this display and was like what is a budget? I don't need any money the rest of the trip right? The Japanese seem to love Stitch though. Good for me bad for my wallet. I ended up getting some stationary and a huge plushie that wanted to escape from my suitcase.


Photobucket

Good thing we waited to buy Giant Stitch. X__x Can't imagine carrying that around all day while trying to take pictures and ride rides. But I got a few more pictures of Tomorrowland before heading towards the busiest shop ever.


Photobucket

Hope you enjoyed my little post about Tokyo Disneyland's version of Tomorrow land. A little different from the one I am used to back at home but fun in its own right. Maybe next time...we will ride more rides here? XD


No comments: