Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Straight from NHK Channel...Nendoroid Haru-chan!!

After two days of nonstop walking today I am going to sit down and catch up on some blogging. Seems as if the new Summer 2011 animes have already started and I have one more Spring anime to finish. So....I am going to do a figurine post.

I have priorities folks. XD

Photobucket

So very, very cute!!!

Beware of the overwhelming cuteness you are about to experience. You has been warned.


Photobucket

Before I went to Japan I made a list of must have nendoroids. Haru-chan was on the top of my list. The cute crazy hair, her happy clothes, and the fish. SHE IS RIDING A FISH! How could someone not want this cutie?


Photobucket

The fishie takes up a lot of room in the box. But we don't need so many extra pieces when we have a fish right?


Photobucket

Now Ms. Haru-chan isn't from an anime, manga, game, or other normal form of media. No no Haru-chan is a mascot. For a TV station. XD Now when I was in Japan I didn't see any Haru-chans on the TV but that means nothing. She must be popular enough to get her own nendoroid right? Funny how everything in Japan has a mascot too.


Photobucket

Haru-chan has a really weird stand. Hard to make her look normal without the fishie.


Photobucket

Oh crap Haru-chan is sick? Must be hard investigating the weather all the time.


Photobucket

My hair looks pretty bad when I am sick too. Also having a cat hanging from your head probably doesn't help matters.


Photobucket

Oh snap! Haru-chan looks serious. Like she is going to banish some zombies or dragons. Maybe even rain clouds.


Photobucket

Close up of the determined face.


Photobucket

Bring on the cute little fishie! Anyone who collects nendoroids really needs to add this figurine to their collection if just for the fishie.


Photobucket

Inside the fishie's mouth. NOM NOM NOM.


Photobucket

The little fishie has a rope so Haru-chan can ride safely. The fishie is very detailed and I am sure it took the longest to complete out of all the pieces.


Photobucket

Finally all put together. I love how her legs aren't going the same way. Seems more natural, like she is really riding a fish and not posing for the camera. Direct the fish to victory.


Photobucket

I don't think cats are made for eating. I couldn't get the cat to do the pose on the box which was holding onto the fishie's tail. So this is the best I could do. XD


Photobucket

There be a cat on your head!


While Haru-chan was high on my must have list she was super hard to find. She was not in any normal retail stores. I could only find her in the rent a booth type places. And almost everyone had her for an insane price. 7000 yen was the NORMAL price. I don't know if she was rare or a limited run but seriously. Was not paying that much for Haru-chan. On a random visit to Akihabara we went back to one of the rent a booth places and found her for 4,300 yen. My husband was like yeah that is the cheapest we are going to find her so get her now!

And that is the story of Haru-chan. Wasn't expecting to pay so much for her but the internet can only help you so much in gauging how much things will cost. So my tip for this post is if you see something at a reasonable price get it NOW because chances are someone else is waiting and searching for the exact same product too.

Thanks for stopping by my Haru-chan post. Keep a look out this week as Haru-chan had a Sea World adventure this 4th of July holiday weekend!

5 comments:

TheGirlwithChocolateShoes said...

Oh, she's so adorable~
I love her determined face, it's so moe. *pinches her cheeks*

LOL I never expected that a TV mascot could get a nendroid.

G2 said...

You have paid 4,300 yen for that. Wow! I guess it is more incentive for me now to purchase at $41.95 at Otakufuel. I have to make a decision real quick now. :) Thank you for the review. She looks very lovely

Christina said...

TheGirlwithChocolateShoes- It is amazing how everything has a mascot in Japan. But when I first saw Haru-chan I really thought she was from a game or something. Just goes to show you how weird the nendoroid selection process really is. Or how something so simple as a cute girl on the news can become a huge money maker.

G2- I have absolutely no idea why she was so expensive. Granted many of the normal retails stores did not have many nendoroids (except Sofmap) but not one store had ANY of her. And while I was there the ones for 7000 did sell proving that the 4,300 yen price that day was really a low ball figure.

Just be careful trying to get her to hold onto the fish's rein. Had to ask my husband for help as it was being difficult for me.

If you collect nendoroids I would also keep my eyes out on Ritsu from K-on!!. She was ridiculously expensive in Japan. I thought for sure Yui would be the most popular character. Or Mugi. But I found Mugis for 2000 yen while Ritsu was on average 9000 yen!

G2 said...

I lied. It was $44.95 at Otakfuel and she is on her way to my front porch with Kurisu Makisu White Coat version. I don't get into K-On much. I think it is the guy thing. Nendoroids can really make us becoming ... very poor.

Christina said...

G2- That is a super deal still. I went to Otakon this past weekend and the average price of Haru-chan was $60 dollars. X__X But I am happy you got a good deal and she is on her merry way to your house.

And yes. Collecting nendoroids does make us poor. They don't take up as much space as normal figurines thus we need to buy more to fill the cabinet. X__X