Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Haru-chan goes to Sea World!

Why hello there. This post was suppose to be up earlier in the night but the internet has decided to hate my computer. I guess there is some virus thingy going around that doesn't connect you to the website you click on? It randomly takes you to another website instead. Well after running the thingy thing....scan and virus eater (I am very computer oriented people)...the problem has not been fixed!! Woohoo! I didn't want Photobucket to run properly anyway.

But putting that aside it is time for another lovely edition of Tenchi carrying a nendoroid around Florida. Last week during the 4th of July holiday we headed over to Sea World to take advantage of their free military ticket offer. I hide Haru-chan in my purse from the very careful bag check being done there. XD

Photobucket

What a lovely unfocused picture of a ROCK.

Also take note when I usually take pictures of nendoroids I am on the one holding the figurine AND the camera. That way I can SEE how the pictures turn out. However I decided to bring a camera with no batteries and the husband took all the pictures instead. So...Haru-chan likes to not look at the camera for some reason. XD Don't blame me!


Photobucket

Haru-chan used her magical weather powers to make sure it didn't rain today. Maybe next time she can conjure up some clouds. Or ask Sea World to plant some trees for shade. XD


Photobucket

Yes Haru-chan those kids making tons of noise over to the side are interesting. But what about the baby dolphins? Aren't they cute, acting all excited that so many people came to see them?


Photobucket

The stadium is the other way silly!


Photobucket

Haru-chan was very impressed with the jumping killer whales. She was so enthralled with their performance I think she broke her neck from trying to capture every moment!


Photobucket

Haru-chan is trying out for a movie role. One that needs a blurry SOMETHING in the corner. Usually a zombie. I support Haru-chan's decision to head to Hollywood one day.


Photobucket

But since we are still at Sea World Haru-chan is going to sit back and watch all the shows. Pirate walruses are okay but I like pirate otters better.


Photobucket

XO Haru-chan wants to captain that ship one day. It has already survived one crash, how much more damage could Haru-chan do to it?


Photobucket

MOG! I can see Haru-chan in this picture! But...are those rocks? Animals? Aliens? Silly camera only focusing on one thing at a time.


Photobucket

OH! They are seals. Seals that are about to fall off the rocks!! But more important Pokemon has so invaded my brain I tried to type seel and got pissed when WordPress said that was not a real word.


Photobucket

Sea World is a place to learn all about animals and how we can better protect them. But Haru-chan was sad they didn't have the turtles with the dinosaur noses. :(


Photobucket

OH SNAP! You best not be trying to eat my nendoroid. Do you know what I went through to find her?!?!


Photobucket

I always feel like somebody's watching me....


Photobucket

While Haru-chan becomes a yummy treat for a roller coast turned monster I shall wrap up this nendoroid post. Would have had more pictures but the glare from the fish tanks and Haru-chan's shiny head was too much. Thanks for stopping by!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christina, please watch The Cove (you can skip the last scene if you can't handle it). Sadly places like Seaworld are the major culprits keeping Japan's annual dolphin slaughter in business :( They round up the dolphins, sell the best ones to private individuals and businesses around the world for tens of thousands each, and then slaughter the rest in a brutal and inhuman way- mothers, infants, you name it.

Sorry to crap all over your post :( I love your blog. I just want to get the word out there that these places shouldn't get our support.

Christina said...

Anonymous- I do know that there are some places that do real terrible things to dolphins, whales, and other water critters. I hope practices like that stop. But it is my understanding that most of the creatures in Sea World are either born on site or are rescue animals. Of course if Sea World really did obtain animals in such a way I doubt they would confess it. But Sea World is such a huge marine center here in the US I can't see how they could get away with buying dolphins privately overseas.

I am super glad you love my blog. I too don't want to support anyone who contributes to such an inhumane gathering of animals. If Sea World had obtained animals in the past through such methods it saddens my heart but as of now all evidence I can find points to them breeding/rescuing the majority of their animals.