Sunday, March 13, 2011

Harajuku Lovers Hobo Bag: Hot Stuff

I would like to start off with this post expressing condolences and support to Japan. The body count has risen and the threat of 4 (or 5, conflicting reports here) nuclear powers melting down increases each hour. My thoughts and prayers are being sent to Japan and all the people suffering during this disaster. So while I might blog happy little posts the tsunami of Japan is not far from my mind and I mean no disrespect.

That being said my post is influenced by Japanese culture. The Harajuku Lovers brand is of course based (loosely) on the fashionable Harajuku district in Tokyo. Each print has the 5 girls dressed in wild and different ways which is both fun for the collector and fun for the creator as more prints mean more revenue as crazy girls like myself see the new prints and MOG need them.

Photobucket

BEHOLD THE NEW BAG!!!!

Obviously I am not good at saving money folks. Earlier this week I went to Macy's website just to see what new prints were out. That gives me a good idea of what will come later on to the discount department stores. But when I saw this print I was like MUST HAVE NOW!! If the nearest Macy's wasn't 2 hours away I would have already purchased this print. But probably thankful one is not located near me and I thought okay I can save money easier.


Photobucket

Cue to the middle of the week and my friend (the one who got me started with this crazy hobby) calls me to inform me one of the discount department stores has this print but only in the bigger bag. Now I said if I was going to get another bag it would need to be a smaller type bag as I already have two totes and a bigger luggage type bag.


Photobucket

See this cute little kitten face? Obviously I couldn't wait to get this print, even if it was in a bigger size bag. I was going to call this a SATCHEL so I can make excuses on buying another bag. But apparently my husband is a bag expert or something and says satchels do not have zippers at the top. OKAY THEN! Hobo Bag it is!


Photobucket

Here is the picture of the non Satchel making zipper. Which also makes it different from a tote so yay. And yes folks I do have to reason with myself to justify purchases like this. XD I feel guilty spending money on bags when I have others I could be using. But....since I do not collect shoes everything is okay? Or it is my money and I am helping to stimulate the economy? Pick an option. Now on to the happiness!


Photobucket

What I like most about the bag is it goes back to the girls wearing their original perfume bottle outfits. But now they are cartoons. XD But yes the girls have many different outfits and hair changes and I still enjoy the original design. And Love is my favorite so I am glad she appears a lot of the bag and not cut off everywhere with seams and such.


Photobucket

Here is a view of the strap. It is kinda weird as it is thick. I wanted to wear it both ways, as a purse and as more of a messenger bag but with such a thick strap I am thinking it is supposed to be worn like a messenger bag.


Photobucket

Inside of the bag. After I removed the fluffy tissue paper crap the bag lost a LOT of its shape. It hangs a bit weird now and the pattern is hidden a bit when worn. But the inside of the bag is huge and unlike the totes there is a way to close the bag. So I can haul tons of crap and make sure it is safe and secure. Now it is time to train my shoulders to handle so much weight. XD


Photobucket

The free keychain with the bag woohoo!!! And it is in my favorite color too which is exciting. I know it is factored in with the cost of the bag but I pretend it is a cute little freebie.


Photobucket

So that is my new Harajuku Lovers purchase. The store I got the bag at only had two bags of this print so I couldn't afford to be cheap and wait for it to go on clearance. Get them while they are hot folks. Maybe this will be it for Harajuku Lovers purchases for a while as I need to save money for traveling and what not but I can't make any promises. Not with all the cute prints out there. XD


No comments: