Sunday, March 6, 2011

Pokemon Black and White!!

Behold people!!!! Today is a happy day for all Pokemon fans across the globe. It is the official release of Pokemon Black and White (in the U.S. anyway). Rejoice 8 year olds and 2X year olds!!! We now have 649 pokemon to love, catch, and train!!!

Photobucket

Woohoo!!!! Time to donate more money to the Pokemon empire.

By the time we made it to Gamestop it was nearly closing time and the stack of games/guide books were rather low. But we still got our copies and the special edition book. XD Besides we don't need a huge crowd of Pokemon fans. A little birdy told me in two weeks a Pokemon Black/White Mall Tour will head our way. So there will be plenty of Pokemon crazies there and we need not see them today.

Wait does that mean I need to save some money to buy the plushies at the pop-up shop? X__X Or do I wait until I reach the Pokemon mecha that is the Pokemon Center in Japan? I AM CONFLICTED!!!


Photobucket

This is view one of the special edition guide book thingy. I am not sure what the difference was between the regular edition and the special one. Only that my husband hears the word special/collectors edition and is like I WANT THAT ONE!


Photobucket

View two of the special edition thingy book. Me thinks the white legendary pokemon is a lot cuter so that is how I based my decision on which game to play. Because that is my game plan folks: go with the cute. I am worse than Ash yes?


Photobucket

This is the random piece of paper that was in the guide book. I don't know if you can read it but basically it is advertising ANOTHER book to buy. Because we just didn't spend 30 bucks on this guide book. Clearly we need to buy more expensive books.


Photobucket

Hi my name is Tenchi!!! Or I wanted it to be. But right before I hit the yes button my husband informed me that trainer numbers are based on your name. That if I traded a pokemon from an older pokemon game but with the Tenchi as the owner all the pokemon would have the same number. X___X AND I WANT MASTER BALLS FOLKS! So yes. My name is now Angel. GO ME!!!


And after about 2 and a half hours of playing this is my current party. I would have played more but my husband needed to get to bed and I wanted to play with him. For at least the first week until he gets back into his online game or Little Big Planet. So sadly the game has been put down and this is the team I have for now.

Photobucket

Starter pokemon Snivy. Had to get this little guy to level 13 before we could take on the first gym leader. This pokemon is not the strongest but my strategy is to get a cute team and just level them up beyond what I need. XD I believe in the heart of the cards!!!


Photobucket

Pokemon Lillipup at your service. This pokemon turns ugly by stage three. However I do break my pretty rule when it comes to the skill Pick-Up. I want items folks. So I will give him all the HMs to learn and forget his exist.


Photobucket

Pokemon Purrloin front and center. So far training this pokemon has been a pain so I am not sure how long they will stick around for. Probably until something cute comes by way. I do need a flying pokemon so this one will probably one of the first to go. But it is cute for now.


Photobucket

Panpour is ugly folks. Like I thought I was being given a cute free pokemon and I got this crazy thing. And the guide book says it is a good pokemon to have in your party? Kill me now. Purrloin and her sad attacks will stay longer than this fool. XD


Photobucket

Aw Munna!! I am not sure how useful you will be as I just got you but you are cute!! This pokemon had something to do with the main plot but I am not sure what that was all about. Like was it farting out some dream dust that can run computers? Weird.


Photobucket

I got Audino 5 seconds before the husband went to bed. He caught two on his game and I caught two Munna on mine. First time in a long time we have done a trade so soon in the game. So again not sure how useful this pokemon will be but it is cute.


Other things to note about Black/White so far:

The trading system is so much better. You can now trade from your box! So now more CRAP got to go through all that dialogue again when you bring the wrong pokemon with you.

Having two friends and no "rival" is weird. I am sure "N" is supposed to be the rival like person but so far it is happy skippy times with the friends. We all love each other!

I think the baddies are...actually right? We catch pokemon and force them into battles and weird competitions but we claim to be friends? But I can't be on their side because they look like condom heads.

The changing of the seasons is nice but it is Autumn now? Weirdness.

The concept of finding different pokemon in shadows and ripples in the water sounds cool. It may or may not be so cool when it turns frustrating and hard. XD

I think that is all I have to report for now. Didn't get to play much today because my husband was at work and I wanted to wait for him before starting the game. A little sad we aren't going to have a pokewalker on this one but I am sure the other features of the game will make up for it. So for now I will work on building an awesome team and waiting patiently for the pokemon mall tour thing to come to town. Have fun my fellow pokemon fans. XD

T-Minus 60 days and counting!!!

1 comment:

Christina said...

XO I saw a comment but now it is disappeared.

Coolking wrote- I know what you mean i wanted to build a mix of cute/cool pokemon early on but trust me they get better.I have pokemon white so later when you can we could trade friend codes and play together. please leave a reply:D.


Here is your super late reply: :( I have been slacking on the pokemon department area. But since I will face a few flights alone (for the first time X__X) I will try to catch up with my pokemons. I am not sure how to do friend codes so if you ever come back and read this please walk me through this. XD I need someone to trade pokemon with on the white game as my husband has been slacking too.