Monday, March 7, 2011

Gate 7 chapter 2: Let the confusion begin!!

This is my happy face folks. My forced plastered on happy face. I shall wear it every minute of everyday I am at work. I will smile when being yelled at. I will smile when family members get MARRIED without telling me. I will SMILE even though I am sobbing and people are telling me to shut up. HAPPY FACES YA’LL!!

Or really no folks. Just remember if you want to keep a good working relationship with your family do not work with them. And under NO CIRCUMSTANCES get married without telling your sibling! Like these things should be common sense but OBVIOUSLY not in my family folks.

Photobucket

Just keep smiling folks!!!

Putting aside the fact that I live in CrazyVille I still flock to the equally crazy manga group CLAMP. Because after a long day of tears and insanity I want to read things that confuse my soul BUT WITH PRETTY PICTURES!



Photobucket

We don't need no stinkin words! We got pretty pictures folks!!

Just as a note I found some of the dialogue a bit...off in this chapter. I am not saying it is the wonderful translators fault. Without her (them?) I would have to wait months, years to yell and scream at CLAMP. So I am thinking that the characters are the ones acting all dramatic and confusing. Like oh let's talk in code and not give the story away type deal. So yes enter the confusion at some points.

Photobucket

Are you great at cleaning too?!

The chapter starts off with Takamoto cooking for his new housemates Hana, Tachibana, and Sakura. Because now that Watanuki is out of the picture we need a slave/cook. I would say that I am moving to Japan so teenagers can make my every meals but most of these meals look healthy. But I am impressed with everyone's ability to cook at the drop of a hat. I guess it beats having spaghetti every night.

Photobucket

Bring on the "partner"!

Sakura comes downstairs right when Takamoto calls him which at first makes Takamoto happy. But then Sakura says he can't sleep without body warmth and Takamoto works himself up into a TMI situation. And since Sakura said partner I will assume it will be a male. Because this is CLAMP and I have yaoi colored glasses. I am sure this will be an important plot point later.

Photobucket

Even I don't look like that early in the morning. X__X

Tachibana is our resident grumpy in the morning person. DEMONS!!!! Well maybe we shouldn't joke about demons, he might be one. But we learn he is a college kid and not a morning person. Good to know.

Photobucket

Everyone should own a frog suit! Or at least rent a small child to go AWWW with.

Hana eventually comes down for breakfast in a frog suit and small talk occurs. Sakura seems to be a pervert what with helping shrine maidens get dressed, Tachibana turns a little more human, and people tease Takamoto on Hana's gender. Which I find funny because I just assume Hana is a girl and Takamoto is the one I am all X__X about. But we are all one big happy family and this is the second day folks. Such friendship!

Photobucket

I see. This all makes sense. Got it.

Hana is sent on an errand and Takamoto goes with her as his school has not started yet. As soon as the pair leave Sakura and Tachibana start talking. And that is when things get confusing. Apparently neither of them have heard of complete sentences or something. But from what I gave Takamoto is their new owner, something that Tachibana is not happy with. But since it is not their decision Tachibana has to suck it up. Both men imply there is something...off about Takamoto. Yay for mysteries.

Photobucket

Creepy? Me? Never.

Despite Takamoto going along with Hana she still side tracks them to a noodle shop. It is owned by a creepy guy named Hidetsugu. He also seems to own the place Takamoto lives in. Hana seems okay with Hidetsugu but she seems fine with anyone giving her food. Takamoto is all suspicious about the entire situation.

Hana and Hidetsugu then start talking above Takamoto's head. And this is the part I don't like. Or really I am not used to. Watanuki would have been freaking out and a normal person would have been at least asking questions. Hana and Hidetsugu are going on and on about crazy stuff and Takamoto is like what air, words, what? And I find that slightly annoying.

Photobucket

If I see the word clone I am running away folks.

But basically Hana says that she "called" Takamoto back to her because they are the same. And by the same she means nonexistent. If someone told me nonexistent I would be asking some questions.

Photobucket

Oh yes. Didn't you know? Everyone in Kyoto has a spirit flying above their heads. Didn't you know?

Hidetsugu tries to "explain" the situation but...yeah. Not really an explanation. He proved that Takamoto was nonexistent by making that weird nothing space. He also says that he can't make a weird space like Sakura and that he has to borrow power from a spirit. Then we has a spirit flying around. Amazing.

So...yeah. Slightly confusing folks. And while I don't want a Watanuki clone I do hope that Takamoto steps up and takes a more active role in what is going on. Maybe if he asks questions we viewers will get answers. But Hana is cute. XD So I endure!

T-Minus 59 days and counting!!!

No comments: