Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Japanese Trip Update! 58 more days!

Hello folks!!! I have slightly recovered from my family drama. XD Forgive any and all outbursts from me. But still folks. Do not get married without telling your family. Or at least your sister. BECAUSE WE WANT TO KNOW!!!!!

Photobucket

I'm on my way to Viridian City err I mean Japan! XD

However life must go on. Or I will ignore that crazy part of my life and focus on something exciting. That’s right folks! We are less than two months away from Japan Trip 2011! Rejoice folks. Soon I will be thousands of miles away from the drama.

Of course….when we come back they plan on getting married “for real”. Or for presents I can’t remember folks. ON WITH THE POST!!!!


Since the last time I have posted an update about our trip several things have happened. And since I can’t find the last time I posted a real update…well I shall just wing it.

Passports have been obtained. It turned into quite the drama with the whole OH you don’t take government currency for a government document and the fact my husband really doesn’t have a birth certificate. But finally we got the stupid things and at such a great deal. Okay not really. If one has not obtained a passport yet it will cost about $135 and that is if you don’t get the card. I am not sure why one would get the card when the passport lets you go anywhere but you know. Whatevers.
Behold the beauty of an overpriced piece of paper. Lose this and we might be screwed folks.

Photobucket

Every page is like this. Like..hello I want to see the stamp, not this crap!!!

Now I might be calling it overpriced but holy crap there is so much unnecessary detail inside the stupid thing. Like how are people supposed to look at the stamps if the background is covered in WOOHOO AMERICA stuff? I don’t know what I was expecting but I don’t think it was this.

Plane tickets have been bought!!! Very expensive tickets. X___X About $1,450 per ticket. But apparently we get two free bags since we are going to Asia. How generous of the airlines!!!! XD And believe me we will need those bags on the way back. Maybe I will bring Froot Loops to Japan in my suitcases. XD

Photobucket

And that would be a no. But you are very pretty. I will buy more plushies to make up for my lack of Hello Kitty luggage.

Speaking of suitcases….man. Luggage is more expensive than I thought! I was under the delusional impression I could afford Hello Kitty luggage. HAHA no folks. At this rate I don’t know if I can afford pillowcases. We are looking at places like Marshalls who have discount luggage sets to keep the price down. But apparently the malls and department stores want me to purchase something than can survive being blown up or something.

Photobucket

I is ready to starve folks. But I am sure my husband will be happy.

In terms of budget things have gotten a little X___X. A friend of mine asked a friend of hers about their food budget when they were in Japan a few years ago. They told me….200 dollars a day. For two people. Because apparently I am a giraffe. X___X That seems rather high but I have been told by like…everyone that 75 dollars a day for two people is ridiculous. So I bumped that up to 100 dollars. I know things are expensive, especially in Tokyo. But we are not big eaters here at home and neither of us are drinkers so I can’t see things getting that expensive. Maybe the little snacks and vending machine purchases will add up though. I could be wrong.

Both hotels have been booked!!! I think that was more the most exciting part of planning our trip so far. We had our first conversation with a native Japanese person. It went…wonderful folks. XD No really, I think the language barrier is going to be a bumpy ride so I am glad we went through that conversation NOW so we can get over the shock.

Photobucket

One of the hotels we are staying in. Just minutes away from a major station woohoo!!

But yes a hotel in Kyoto and a hotel in Tokyo have been booked. Originally we were going to book a hotel on the east side of Tokyo and then for the last week book a hotel on the west side of Tokyo. However we have decided to book one hotel right next to a main line and take advantage of something like an all day metro pass? Basically you pay about 9 dollars and you can ride the main loop in Tokyo as much as you like. Meaning we do not have to stay at close hotels and could pick just one with a good deal, amenities and close to a line.

Photobucket

We are prepared to get lost. XD But we shall be avoiding the rush hour times as I do not want to be pushed into a train.

This metro pass deal does not include our journey from the airport to Kyoto, Kyoto to Tokyo, or the two day trips to Tokyo Disney and Puroland. However we think that this will save us money in the long run and we don’t need to get the JR Pass thingy. We might be utterly wrong but the JR Pass is like 700 dollars a person and it seems it does not include small trips around Tokyo. So if we spend more than 700 dollars on travel….well I will tell you and everyone can go HAHA you suck.

A new camera for this journey has been bought. But my husband is in the middle of a dungeon thing on this game he is playing and since obscenities are flying around I shall not bother him. I do know that it is a digital camera that sorta acts like those cameras in which you need to change lens and such. Whatever it is it is better than the current camera we have now. So I will be hauling around the old camera to take pictures of random stuff only I find interesting and my husband will take the AW couple pictures and landscape pictures.

Oh and I have started exercising. Exercising meaning walking for an hour 4 times a week. That is lot for a couch potato like me. But it slowly has been getting easier and I have occupied my time by reading travel books on Japan. Soon I shall move up to stairs. X__X Not trying to lose weight here folks, just trying to build up my endurance. Because Japan is the land of walking. XD

Budget wise all the money for the major expenses (airfare, hotels, food, and train tickets) have been earned. In the bank. So from now til May 5th all the mesos I earn will go towards fees for fun things (museums, gardens, and attractions) and souvenirs. Because souvenirs are very important folks. XD I am going to bring home 500 pounds of stuff I really don’t need weeeee!!!

So what is left to do? I need to do a little bit more cloth shopping. Since I plan on buying some fashionable items in Japan I don’t think I need to bring as much clothing as people are telling to bring. But I need some shoes that are not covered in flour and white socks so I can be a proper barefoot tourist. And of course the luggage is a big purchase that needs to be taken care of. A packing list needs to be created and we need to hammer out our itinerary for the trip. Major things have been decided but we need to get a final list decided on. Of course we are going to randomly pick restaurants we come across and if we see something more interesting on the way to something we won’t just not go because it is not on the list. But I like lists. Lists make me happy.

T-Minus 58 more days folks! Excitement and massive amounts of spending is in the air. FEEL THE MAGIC!

Oh and for those thinking about going to Puroland the map on their website LIES! They make it look like Puroland is right around the corner from Tokyo. It’s not. It lies. It is 45 minutes away!! That make is not to scale. IT LIES XO

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Large 8.9 earthquake struck Japan follow by huge tsunami today..

Sigh ...

Christina said...

kakamanex- A very big sigh indeed. I am just glad the loss of life wasn't as bad as it could have been.