Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hello Kitty Charms: E-bay hurts my wallet

Woot for another post about stuff. But instead of waking up at the crack of dawn and fighting soccer moms for my precious stuff I got to sit on the couch and happily outbid people until I got my stuff. Although I did have to battle the mail box as the postman put the package in the messed up box and it took TenchiHulk to open the dang thing. Sure I could have waited for the Postman to put it in the better package box..but I knew there was Hello Kitty in that box. How COULD I wait? XD

Now what kind of stuff will I be showing today? I know it is a totally mystery given the title so let me give you a sneak preview.

Photobucket

This is what 58 Hello Kitty charms looks like. One pile is for me and one pile is for friends.

TADA! Hello kitty phone charms. Which you know...is funny since my phone doesn't have that feature. :( The only real thing that sucks about my phone. But no worries as I was planning on making these cuties into earrings anyway! On to the pictures!




Photobucket

Here is a close up look of my pile o stuff.

Now...looking at this pile you are going to think I am greedy and or spending way too much money on charms. But in fact these charms were really inexpensive. One might even use the word cheap. They roughly cost me 47 cent per charm. Now I know that most of these charms aren't.....official Sanrio products (or I just assume since it is not tacked on their butts like usual). But I didn't pay 2 dollars each for knock off items. I paid 47 cents which I think is very reasonable. And at any rate the quality of the charms are really, really good!

Photobucket

Looks delicious!

Let's start off with this little cutie. And please excuse the quality of the pictures. I tried to get in closer but the pictures kept turning out fuzzy. The husband had to help me as I was throwing a fit. At any rate these are the pictures I have. Hello Kitty is ready to eat some ramen....even if the ramen is Hello Kitty flavored.

Photobucket

Whales are much more fun to ride than horses!

I know it is a little hard to tell but that is a fisherman Hello Kitty riding a whale. It is so unbelievable cute! Makes me wish I could have charms on my cellphone but it will manage just fine as an earring. Love it!

Photobucket

More deliciousness.

More Hello Kitty ocean fun. Even though I am not a big fan of pink (which is hard to do considering my love of Hello Kitty) this one is meant to be pink and is still making me go MOG CUTE! So it is doing something right. The black eyes on the top of its head are really dopey and cute.

Photobucket

But I don't even like fish!

Seriously did I only pick out fish Hello Kitty Charms? This one had a hard time focusing but it is a Hello Kitty Squid on a plate. She reminds me of a scary scifi movie...gone way too cute.

Photobucket

Bunnies are cuter when they are Hello Kitty!

It is time for some Hello Kitty mammals. These two are slightly bigger than the rest of the charms but they are equally as cute. The white bunny is really a Christmas bunny. I try not to wear matching earrings but I think these two are different enough to escape being "matching".

Photobucket

Tiny but adorable.

I swear I have more than fishy Hello Kittys. Like the cute blue mouse and traditional Japanese hello Kitties. But you can't argue that this Hello Kitty shrimp isn't special. It might be a little too tiny for an earring but I will try anyway. Is this post making you hungry yet?

Photobucket

Too much cute in the post!

This one is probably my favorite charm out of the bunch (only because I got no penguin one). Perhaps since the fish ALMOST looks like a penguin I love it so much. But when I saw this one in the huge bag of charms I ripped the bag open just to get to this one. I just love the tiny fishy scale/ears/whatever on the side. XD

I have over 20 more charms but you get the idea. Cute is cute. And I think you can see most of them pretty clear on the group picture. The traditional Japanese Hello Kittys are very cute. So if you surf E-bay and you come across some very reasonable lots of Hello Kitty charms it might be worth your time to bid on them, even if the selection is random. The randomness is half the fun, waiting to see what you get. Thanks for reading about my addiction to Hello Kitty.





5 comments:

Karen said...

After I saw the bunny Hello Kitty I thought to myself "What, what animal is the Hello Kitt- oh. Wow *facepalm* Proof I shouldn't have gone to see HP 6 last night D: That is so cool, I want phone charms, how do you make earrings out of them?

Christina said...

XD Hello Kitty likes to dress up as different things.

I am not quite sure how to make earrings out of them to be honest. I spent last night (stupid broken internet) removing them from the rope/chain thing. My plan was just to get the silver part of dangy earrings and hope there is a way to hoop them on without much craziness. XD I probably should have bought that first.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Becca said...

Where did you get the teeny tiny shrimp charm? I had one just like it and lost it off my phone and would LOVE to find another...

Thanks!! ^_^

Christina said...

Becca- :( I tried to look on ebay for them for you but I have been unable to find them. This user would sell them either two at a time for 2.99 or a whole lot for 24.99. :( I hope they start reselling soon because they were a great deal for a lot of cuteness.