Monday, September 17, 2012

Tenchi's Magical Mini Vacation to Disney Part One

Hello there people of the internets! Yesterday when I said I was going to catch up on anime posts today...yeah I think I was being silly. That or I forgot that it was Resident Evil weekend and my friend and I needed to see this horrible movie. That also included eating dinner and looking at cute things in the mall that we can't afford to buy and TADA! Still behind on posts. Yay me!
Photobucket
Brought to you by noms. Noms. The stuff that keeps you going!
So...anime posts later! XD For now more of my lovely time in Downtown Disney and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. I shall do this in two parts as once again I went a little crazy with the pictures.
Photobucket
Our Tuesday started off way early. Super early folks. We woke up at 6 am with the hopes of getting to Downtown Disney before the parks opened. We were trying to get tickets for the party...that night. Disney offers up military discount tickets but you can only buy them at guest relations or ticket offices....at Disney. Now some of you might be saying well you are saving money, you can't be picky. Well it is hard to plan a trip around having MAYBE tickets am I right?
Photobucket
Due to my husband's...lovely driving we got to Downtown Disney right after 9, even after a traffic accident blocking our way. We skipped to guest relations and within 30 seconds WOOHOO we had tickets. Maybe they offer the military tickets on days that are historical low on attendance. That makes me more optimistic for the Christmas Party. After all that it was time for breakfast. Never been to the Earl of Sammich before. Good food for a reasonable price considering we were on a Disney property.
Photobucket
The stores at Downtown Disney do not open until 9:30. So after our breakfast eating it was time to take pictures and enjoy...a rather empty area of Disney. Everyone must be at the parks.
Photobucket
A place with no people.
Photobucket
I love all the window displays at Disney. Just wish they weren't so glarey.
Photobucket
The Rainforest Cafe is undergoing some refurbishments but is still open for business. A bit less magical than usual though.
Photobucket
Hello there little froggie. Maybe we will eat here tomorrow?
Photobucket
Finally the pin shop is open! The place of spending much money.
Photobucket
I love looking at these pictures but I am sure they are easily reconstructed at a fraction of the price.
Photobucket
The husband has this game. I love how Jack Sparrow walks around all drunk.
Photobucket
Hello there little penguins. Maybe the workers in this shop have pins so I guess I will go into this TrenD shop for the first time....
Photobucket
Brb trying to process the amount of AMAZING in this store.
Photobucket
I have been to Downtown Disney I believe 4 times in the last two years? And each time my group walks by this store and the sports store. For some reason we thought this TrenD store was for kids. But today I wanted to stop is to check out if anyone had pins. Instead I find the most amazing store EVER! See that balloon shirt. I was contemplating ordering it online. Spoiler Alert: Now I own it.
Photobucket
The entire store was full of things young ladies would love to own. The prices were pretty much on par with other Disney items. Like a typical Disney adult shirt would set you back 30 bucks. So these trendier, more form fitting shirts and their fun accessories were priced a bit more than I would usually pay but right on point with other things in Downtown Disney.
Photobucket
Minnie is so stylish. Love the pins in this style too. So cute.
Photobucket
Brief stop at the Lego Store. AKA the place where my husband spends his money at Disney. Thought this looked a little spooky. XD
Photobucket
Onward to another store and spotted this cute little sign. So cute. XD I love me some Stitch.
Photobucket
One last stop at the pin shop before heading to our hotel. This time the pin board was opened and I got 4 of the Duffy pins weee!
Photobucket
We has arrived at the hotel. For this trip we stayed at the All Star Movie resort. I requested the Fantasia rooms and we got it. X__X So far this trip has been going perfectly my way. This happy Mickey towel face happily greeted us.
Photobucket
Some of the bathroom items. The room itself was fine for us. Again we are not there for the hotel per say, just a place to sleep. This hotel was crawling with kids though. Obviously as it is Disney and one of the cheapest places to stay at the resort. I think it really caters to the kid side more than the adult side but I thought it was fine for the price we paid.
Photobucket
A little private changing area. Can you see me? This might be the first pic of me on this blog. X___X
Photobucket
Onward to the Magic Kingdom. We left our hotel at 3:25 I believe. We arrived at the park at 3:50. Pretty cool since we would have to drive, then take the tram, and then take the monorail. Also since we were staying at a Disney hotel parking would have been free anyway. $15 dollars adds up people!
Photobucket
Bye parking people! We ain't paying your prices this time weee!
Photobucket
This is what the candy station statues looked like this year. I like them better than Goofy even if Goofy and his candy store made more sense.
Photobucket
Right when we walked into the park (after taking our pics with the pumpkins outside we saw so many things at once. They were accepting Sorcerers today for the interactive card game, all the Halloween decorations, and the wait time for Mickey and the Princesses were under 15 minutes each. WHAT TO DO?!
Photobucket
I think this place is rather huge for a meet and greet so I am glad it is only temporarily. XD It really looks more like what City Hall should look like. It was a restaurant before right? Yes Tenchi we can tell from a poster on the INSIDE of the building what the outside of the building used to be.
Photobucket
Seems like all these posters are getting everyone ready for the Circus Area that is slowly being finished up at the edge of Fantasyland. I will really miss our version of Toontown but after visiting Tokyo Disney I see that it could have been better and maybe this will be fun too.
Photobucket
The pictures would change to reveal the tricks and what not. They were nice on the wall but that was about it to see in the room. The Princess line had less pictures. Guess that is what you get for a temporary location.
Photobucket
Our camera pic of Mickey came out sad. :( Of course the professional one you can buy online looks great. GRRR! And Mickey talked guys. I was shocked. We were the first group in our section so I was the first person Mickey talked to so I was like X____X Why is you talking Mickey?!
Photobucket
We have already spent 45 minutes in Disney and are still near the entrance! So...lets take more pictures near the entrance! Hello Main Street Pumpkins!
Photobucket
Okay that answers my question on where the bathrooms are but when does the 3 o clock parade start?
Photobucket
We thought the pumpkins above the Fire Station were so cute...and then we proceeded to miss all the other pumpkins on the street. XD We were excited about the interactive card game. Only after waiting in line they told us if we came back at 7 we could get an exclusive Halloween Party card. We shall then folks!
Photobucket
We might have missed all the pumpkins on the street because we were focused on the action in front of us. There was some sort of show going on at the castle. We quickly got the ice cream that was promised to me earlier in the day and sat near the castle to watch what was going on.
Photobucket
Since we walked up halfway though everything we guessed that it was about Dreams? And it seems a lot of it was focused on Donald. Villains have dreams too folks!
Photobucket
Cheer up, Mickey can talk now!
Photobucket
The random back up dancers looked weird in the performance. I thought they were from high school musical or something and almost didn't stop to watch the performance. Thus getting the ice cream first and then realizing OH it is a Disney Character thing.
Photobucket
May all your dreams come true! My dreams is to find 100 dollar bills on the ground daily so I can have fun shopping. D
Photobucket
Where we were sorta sitting/standing for the performance. Nom nom ice cream.
Photobucket
After the performance I decided we should do some attractions we usually skip on our trips. So I got the bright idea that the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House sounded like fun. Fun. For someone who hates stairs. At least the views at the top were pretty.
Photobucket
Oh snap don't look down!!
Photobucket
I am not sure if this is a repeat activity dude to the fact that I hate stairs. But I see how it is a cool, overlooked attraction. Most people on the track with me didn't really stop and appreciate all that it had to offer.
Photobucket
It was fun seeing some scenes from the movie that I haven't watched in a million years though.
Photobucket
Next was the Tiki Room! We went to this show while in Tokyo Disney but that might have been only because of Stitch. I can't remember the last time I saw this show in Disney World. Maybe when I was 7?
Photobucket
The husband says the Stitch one is better. I wished that I had seen the show when it was Under New Management. This is the original one that was brought back after people hated the Under New Management version. XD I thought it was fine. Before your computers break from all these pics let me start part two. YAY FOR PICS!

No comments: