Saturday, September 22, 2012

Accel World episode 23

WEEE! Three posts in one day! Surely I am catching up. Just got to get the rest of the shows done before the next season is upon me! I think I shall have a great deal of time tomorrow to do some more catching up. Unless the husband does something crazy and wants to spend time together. Crazy. That is what AWA is for..next week! Woohoo!
Photobucket
Haruyuki having so much fun weee!
So before we head off to our anime weekend of fun I really do need to get shows up and blogged yes? Up now is Accel World episode 23. Spoilers for Haruyuki trying to save the day.
Photobucket
Me thinks this is game over for Nomi. Wonder how that will help his redemption journey.
Episode Summary: Haruyuki opens his door to tell Takumu some good news…but is surprised to see Chiyuri with him. After our lovely opening song Chiyuri explains that Nomi sent her there to convince Haruyuki and Takumu to go to the no limits area where Nomi will take advantage of them. Since Chiyuri didn’t think lying would work she opted for telling them the truth. Since Haruyuki and Takumu were going to go and fight Nomi anyway I am not sure why this lie about Chiyuri healing them would have made a difference. Haruyuki has decided to forget about StrippingGate and Takumu is like we can do this guys! Haruyuki obsessively checks where Nomi is so they can dive into the game and Chiyuri wants to go with them, even if it takes a long time. They finally log in and wait for Nomi which takes a whole second in real life. Nomi arrives and is all cackles and crazy talk. He brings the device that will put all their points into and it is time to fight. Mortal Kombat style! Haruyuki goes to make the first movie but is overwhelmed by a move that isn’t Nomi’s. They realized that another person is there, someone who has a pretty weird looking avatar. Everyone is shocked as this person would have had to wait for weeks and weeks to sneak up on them. Nomi is like HAHA and starts going on and on about the chip in his head and how his friend has a power to decelerate and stop from wasting his time. Apparently he is special or something. This new friend doesn’t have much to say but keeps Haruyuki trapped while Takumu fights Nomi. There is some beating and what not and both use the incarnate system. Takumu starts having flashbacks of how he was mistreated but uses his new found courage and sword power to overwhelm Nomi. Also Takumu might have won that skirmish as Nomi has maxed out his power stealing ability.
Photobucket
You do have the best collection of crazy faces though.
Nomi is told by the anime gods that this is time to reveal why he is so mean to everyone, with help from Takumu who goes on and on that Nomi must really have some hurt in his life. Nomi explains that his brother gave him the game and forced him to farm points. If Nomi didn’t do what he said he would get beat in real life. The brother took Nomi’s only friend and basically his life was hell. But as Nomi leveled up he found out about his killer move. He became stronger and one day in a crazy attack beat his brother over and over again. Nomi is not the empty one, his brother and his gameless self are CACKLE CACKL CACKLE! Nomi then takes Chiyuri as a hostage to torture her. Takumu immediately stops fighting and Nomi proceeds to beat his ass. Haruyuki almost loses hope at this hopeless situation. He has a talk with his avatar who tells him to keep on fighting. Haruyuki wills his body to move and manages to save Takumu before Nomi can land the last blow. But Haruyuki is pretty weak too so Takumu needs another rescuer! Insert Kuroyuki who spent like 16 hours riding a monster in the limitless field. She asks who Nomi’s friend is and he states he is Black Vice. He acknowledges that he is in the same “club” as Sulfur Pot. Kuroyuki vows to kick his butt and tells Haruyuki to deal with Nomi. THE END!
Photobucket
Something unexplained is going on?! I AM SHOCKED!
X__X It feels like a million years since I last saw this show. Like OH YEAH Chiyuri was running around taking off her clothes and Haruyuki was solving mysteries instantly because he is cool like that. Must be Accel World.
Photobucket
I come bearing hoe bags?
I think Haruyuki opening the door and finding Takumu was a bit odd. It felt as if I missed part of the episode and bam I came in on something I progress. Of course this might have something to do with the fact that I haven’t seen this series in over 2 weeks. Maybe if I had viewed them closer together it wouldn’t see so odd to me. Like HELLO TAKUMU AND CHIYURI!
Photobucket
Couldn't you just...accelerate with Nomi if that is what he wanted?
Can we talk about the stripper for a second? So I thought homeslice was siding with Nomi because she was protecting her friends. Like oh no if you kill Nomi you will never get your wings back. That would make sense, why she has been hush hush on siding with Nomi and obviously being conflicted. Or maybe she thought that if she teamed up with Nomi she could somehow get them back together in the game or erase the game in ALL of them thus putting them back to how they used to be. Or used to be in her little crazy mind.
Photobucket
So are we not getting an explanation for your behavior?
But the way Chiyuri was acting in this episode made little sense. She is like hey guys Nomi told me to get you guys to come somewhere at a certain time and I am supposed to use our friend to trick you there. Yes it does turn out that it is a trick but Takumu and Haruyuki were already going to have a battle with Nomi. Chiyuri talking about how she didn’t think they would believe her lie and was going for the truth. Was this all a lie to her, her saying she was afraid her lie wouldn’t be believed? If so…yeah her and her armless self weren’t doing much. I guess I am just not understanding why this total switch. Why was Chiyuri not talking to the boys and now she wants to help them out? Seems like an awful lot to answer to with ONE episode left. Thus Chiyuri and her actions seem crazy to me.
Photobucket
It's morphin time!!!
Haruyuki looked pretty insane by checking over and over again where Nomi was. But that was build up the ambush and who would waste that much time in the game?! Since both boys are coming off spending an entire week or more in the game nonstop I can see how they might be tired. Must wear on you mentally or something. So that is why Chiyuri is getting all these brownie points. Because she is willing to waste that much of her life in the game.
Photobucket
Friend goes some jokes.
Was anyone surprised when Nomi came rolling in with Black Vice. Like nope, Nomi is scum. He can’t possibly have any friends. We are going to put aside the fact that other people are not showing up the match list and pretend Nomi is working alone. Oh and in case Nomi does have friends we are going to do the challenging so there is no way someone could have waited all that time just to help Nomi out. Nope this has to go our way and we will beat Nomi is a fair fight…two on one.
Photobucket
BRB making some cookies.
I am not sure what I think about Black Vice and his decelerating powers. I mean he has other powers too but I might have been too distracted looking at his weird shape to really care about how he was squishing Haruyuki. Why would you want to decelerate? The entire point of this program (or what people think the point is) is to go faster than the world around you. This waiting for a sneak attack seems to be the ONLY advantage to decelerating. Maybe there is more but I am still trying to wrap my head around the incarnate process. Decelerating is just a bit too much for me.
Photobucket
Oh and YOUR MOM!
While Haruyuki was all being squished Saw 5 style Takumu had to take on Nomi alone. It had the basic fighting elements there. Takumu showing off his new incarnate skill, Nomi making crazy faces and pretending like he was still going to win. Takumu took his moment to almost lose and have flashback about he was bully. That obviously led to him to find the strength to get hurt by Nomi so he could bash in Nomi.
Photobucket
This is the part where you tell us how sad your life is so we can give you hugs and forgive you.
Only Takumu lost his damn mind. I must have forgotten the part of the plan that involved giving Nomi the chance to defend himself. Like I thought this was going to be an enemy where you crush and don’t give a second chance to. But NOOOO Takumu is like you are the empty one inside because you can only hold so many powers. Please tell us why you are so angry. It will give you time to think of a plan on how to beat me. Yes Takumu. This was a great idea.
Photobucket
So you got your revenge? Why torture innocent people?
I kinda was rolling my eyes during Nomi’s explanation of insanity. A lot of people are picked on by their older siblings. I of course was the best older sister ever and am appalled at how far Nomi’s brother took things. So yes the brother was scum and Nomi never really got to experience the game how it was meant to be played (in our heroes view anyway). Farming points and losing your only friend. Sad things. But then Nomi took it way too far. Yeah yeah most bullies were bullied themselves but this was taking it all to a new level of crazy. Taping people in dressing room situations, cheating at all the tests possible, and ruining countless people’s games? That is a lot because one person picked on you. You got your revenge on your brother…and you have decide to be cruel to everyone else you come across? Yep that sounds crazy.
Photobucket
Takumu needs to stand up for himself.
Nomi torturing Chiyuri? I am shocked. But I guess I am more shocked that Takumu has been so loyal this entire time. Despite his earlier….well special moments he has proven to be very loyal. Perhaps it is because of all the guilt he is still holding on to. Takumu has some idea that Chiyuri likes Haruyuki but I guess he doesn’t know about StripGate. So…yeah it is sad that Takumu is willing to go out for Chiyuri when she is cheating hoe bag who probably wants them all to lose the game anyway.
Photobucket
Well he tried folks. He tried.
I really, really thought that Haruyuki was going to be able to solve the Nomi problem alone and Kuroyuki was going to come back home to cupcakes and rainbows. Yes Haruyuki was having his daily woe is me this is impossible moment. But he thought of Kuroyuki and he was like I can do this! He broke free of Black Vice and I thought WOOHOO the power of friendship is so bright I must be watching Sailor Moon. But alias… the power of friendship doesn’t pay the bills nor does it stop an obvious defeat from happening. Poor Haruyuki for trying and feeling like he failed.
Photobucket
My thoughts exactly.
Kuroyuki came in riding on a pony to save the day. I knew those taming reins of legendary creatures was going to come in handy but I didn’t think that meant the next damn day. Like really folks. Really. I thought this was going to happen in the next season or something. Kuroyuki is like nope still on vacation folks. I just rode 17 whole hours to rescue your silly butts. Be grateful for the anime magic!
Photobucket
Um..I have been trying to do that for like 490383 episodes now crazy lady?
And that is where our episode ends. With Kuroyuki being super pissed at Black Vice and her telling Haruyuki to beat Nomi. Um…that is great that she believes in Haruyuki but home boy might need some help. Watch Chiyuri be the one to save the day. Because that would just piss me off. XD Until next time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Queen has arrived. All halt to the Queen!!!!!

Tenchi, on how she's arrive in the battle, the anime explain it clearly, you should re-watch that part.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, AWA! I'm going too! I'm so excited for it >///<

The magic of the brain chip was sort of lost on me. I understand what it lets you do, but since my brain gets fried every time numbers are involved, I wasn't as impressed as I should've been.

Nomi's backstory isn't too far fetched imo. If he was brought up in a survival of the fittest situation, I can see how he ended up bullying people just because. Life is tough for people who don't know the magic of friendship. Speaking of the magic of friendship, I did not like how this battle became all about believing yourself. It reminded me of watching Sailor Moon. I was starting to worry that Haruyuki would just forgive Nomi...

First Kirito, and now Kuroyuki. Apparently wearing black automatically qualifies you for a free pony(or Ponyta in Kuroyuki's case) ride!

Can't wait to see what you think about the last episode ^^

Christina said...

Anonymous- I know how Kuroyuki appeared on the battlefield. I just thought it was extremely special. I thought the reins were going to play a part in things next season. Not the very next episode. Like woohoo good thing she found this magical item.

But maybe I am just bitter because I wanted Haruyuki to be the one to fix things and show Kuroyuki that he can protect her too.

NOTneveroutgretoys- I just sat down and made a list of things that might be interesting. A bit said the Make Your Own Plushie workshop isn't there but I have tons of things I might want to check out. Wonder when I will have time to go to the dealer's room and artist alley. But it is weird the Pokemon Meetup isn't in the Dealer's Room this year.

I guess in reality what Nomi is doing makes sense. People are abused by their parents or one person yet go out and kill/hurt tons of other people not connected to the crime. But for me it is just hard to grasp the level Nomi took it to. But I guess people can go both ways. They can get bullied and make sure that no one else gets bullied or you can get bullied and make everyone around you miserable.

But you KNOW Haruyuki is going to forgive Nomi. Like oh snap come and be my friend, I forgive you for all the junk you did to me.

Ponies for everyone! Well except me. I will wave politely at them from a distance. XD