Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sword Art Online episode 12

Behold my readers! I am alive. And in a super productive mood! Much must be done before we go on our 4 day trip to Anime Weekend Atlanta!! XD Hopefully I will accomplish all on my list. If not...well I will just waste time watching TV?
Photobucket
More spoilers! High level monsters for Kirito and Asuna to battle!
Up first in Tenchi's Blogging Night is Sword Art Online episode 12. Spoilers for Asuna still being a mommy?
Photobucket
Such a warm greeting!
Episode Summary: After Yui’s random outburst the nun/church lady named Sasha takes them to her church. The next morning she explains that when the game first started all the kids were traumatized so she gathered them up and took them here. Yui seems to be doing better and smiles around. A member from the Army shows up named Yulier. Everyone looks rather suspicious of her until she explains the reason she is there. She talks about how The Army started off trying to help everyone out but the group got too big and a player named Kibaou tried to undermine the leader Thinker. Kirito remembers Kibaou Beater incident. Yulier explains that Kibaou was responsible for sending The Army dudes to die at a high dungeon level. People grew upset at Kibaou so Kibaou decided to regain control by tricking Thinker into a high level dungeon. Yulier asks Asuna and Kirito for help to save Thinker and regain control of the guild. Asuna and Kirito agree and Yui asks to come along as well. They say yes because they want to be the worst parents ever. So they travel down into the dungeon which is actually under the Town of Beginnings and slowly opens up more as the levels are cleared. Kirito does most of the work. Everyone smiles and has a great time. They finally make it to Thinker who warns them there is a huge monster. Yulier is nearly killed but Kirito saves her in time. Kirito tries to get everyone out of the room but himself. Asuna sticks around and they try to fight the huge monster. Kirito and Asuna are quickly overwhelmed by the monster with no stats. Yui walks away from Thinker and Yulier who were in the middle of transporting out of the area. Yui walks up to the monster and Kirito sees that she is registered as an immortal object. She pulls out a huge sword and makes the monster disappear.
Photobucket
Good thing you took me along and didn't listen to Tenchi!
Kirito and Asuna are like X___X as Yui takes them to a room to explain. She explains that the game is run by a system called Cardinal. It is in charge of drop rates and monster spawns and player’s health. She is the program within Cardinal that was supposed to make sure players were okay mentally. But when the game was launched she was disabled and was only able to watch people suffer. This weighed on her heavily and she fell into despair. One day she saw Asuna and Kirito finding joy and comfort in the game and wanted to meet them so badly. Thus she went to the woods to get as close to them as possible. Asuna starts crying and declares Yui real. Kirito says that Yui can be whatever she wants to be. Yui says she wants to be their child and they all hug it out. Only Yui explains she is sitting on a GM control board and she used the program to destroy the monster. Now Cardinal is going to delete her as she appears to be a foreign object. Asuna starts crying again and Yui tells them both to take care of the players for her. She disappears in Asuna’s arms and Asuna starts sobbing. Kirito starts typing away at the control board, saying he won’t let the program win. He manages to separate Yui’s heart from the system (more like her data) before she is deleted. He gives the stone to Asuna which seems to make Asuna happy. They depart from the Town of Beginnings with a farewell from Thinker, Yulier, and Sasha. They return to their home on the lake and Kirito explains once they get out of the game they can remake Yui with that data. Asuna is happy that their first child will be saved and all will be well. THE END!
Photobucket
I wonder why more players don't know of this dungeon? Kibaou can't be that slick.
BEST PARENTS EVER! Peace out Yui. We knew you well….for less than 24 hours. XD It is a revolving door of characters up in this anime.
Photobucket
Was Yui going to join the guild too? Like really folks.
But I think this is for the best. Or maybe I just hate kids. I thought that Kirito and especially Asuna were acting extremely weird around Yui. I wish it turned out that Yui was making them feel this way. I understand she was given emotions so she could put players at ease but maybe she also released some sort vibes that made people want to protect her. I mean…they knew her for less than 24 hours and they were ready to adopt her and drive her to cheerleading practice and make science fair volcanoes for her. It was just a lot and had Yui stuck around it might have taken the show in a totally weird direction. Not sure which direction the show is going now but this is a life and death game that has driven people insane. Asuna and Kirito taking a moment to be by themselves after all they have been through is one thing. Playing house with a kid they just met is another.
Photobucket
Oh hi? Are you important?!
I feel as if the role of Sasha was just glossed over rather quickly. Hurry we got to focus on Yui more! But since I don’t have kids I guess I don’t think about them much. My house is not exactly kid friendly. But it does make sense despite how shocked Asuna looked when she saw a kid in the game. Maybe she wasn’t expecting such a young child. But games appeal to all ages so it makes sense there were some younger players logged on at the time. Kirito was 14 at the time so I am not sure what qualifies as a kid at this point.
Photobucket
Well...at least the kids weren't left to fend for themselves?
But yes folks. The kids should be taken care of and I think it is a bigger job than one person can handle. How do they afford all the “food” and supplies it takes to survive in this game? All the kids will still need weapons and armor just in case. One person gathering all the items and money necessary seems a bit much. I want to know more about Sasha, about why she felt responsible for all these kids. Is she a teacher in the real world? Did she see a kid die on the first day? Do other groups help Sasha out? X__X I want to know more about her.
Photobucket
It's good to know that you all aren't assholes.
But then Yulier and her problems rolled in. Which were important as well. I am glad that there is an explanation about the Army. Because even though their suicide mission was stupid (although explained) the idea of their guild made sense. Making sure everyone knew what was going on and that everyone had supplies. Asuna and her guild seem more focus on clearing the guild which is super important. But they can’t help everyone if they are focused on that. So another guild needed to step up and take care of the remaining players in the meantime.
Photobucket
I see a bully!
Am I surprised that Kibaou has turned up again? Slightly. Apparently he was a bigger asshole in the light novel but in the game he just seemed upset at the “beaters” for being selfish. So it would make sense for him to join The Army, a guild that wants things to get fair. But then Kibaou wanted power and started abusing his authority. Good job Kibaou. You hated Beaters for being unfair when really they were scared at the start of the game. What is your excuse now?
Photobucket
Mostly because he is a moron.
That being said Thinker sounded pretty stupid. Like really stupid. I am sure at the start of the game he was just trying to get players together and make it through the game safely. And it is hard for to blame him for making the guild bigger. Small guilds are good for…you know nonlethal games but not in a serious game like this. So allowing everyone to join the guild for protection made sense. But then people with different values joined and things got out of control. Thinker couldn’t be everywhere at once. But hello! The main problem starter in your guild wants to talk to you sans weapons and transportation stones in a dungeon and you agree to that?! Why?! WHY?! Why would you do that!? I am just not understanding this insanity folks.
Photobucket
See? Look at that look. I thought something was up!
Yulier might have been an interesting character but we really didn’t see much of her. She just happened to find the two “strong” players and ask for help. Maybe things are awkward in this game but I remember that guilds would work together at certain points in Maple Story. Perhaps they wanted to handle this all in the family but when some of your guild members are causing problems for a lot of people and earning you a bad reputation maybe you should swallow your pride and ask for help. Like yo Heathcliff we need some help here. But other than that Yulier might have been interesting. I thought she was staring at Yui because she figured out who she was or something. I don’t know…maybe Yulier will show up later in the series. I just thought she could have had more to do with the episode. We didn’t even see her fight!
Photobucket
And then you say no. PRACTICE IT!
Have I mentioned that Asuna and Kirito are insane around Yui? Because they are. They were reasonable and intelligent people before they met the girl. Now they are like okay Yui you can come with us to a dangerous dungeon that has trapped a guild leader. Now they couldn’t have known the enemy was going to be that strong nor could they have known Yui was going to save the day but still folks. Leave your 24 hour daughter back at the place with the other kids. Did Asuna get sex and lose her mind in the process? All this mother/daddy/daughter crap was way too much too soon.
Photobucket
Almost an Asuna pancake!
Asuna and Kirito got their asses kicked hard in this episode. Was that enemy meant for people further along in the game? I am actually interested in what it was meant to do/drop. Yui and her magical sword self disposed of it rather quickly. It must have been super strong as it just totally pushed Asuna and Kirito around like rag dolls. :( A bit more battle would have been nice but since Kirito was almost killed a few days ago I guess he deserves a break.
Photobucket
Yet this was made to be a real game. I see now.
Yui isn’t a real girl. Amazing folks. I am shocked that someone who didn’t have a designation above her head wasn’t a real player. I figured she had something to do with the game but I don’t think I was expecting her to the be the….comfort program. I think I worded that wrong. XD But I have been of the mindset that this game was created all along to trap players inside of it. Probably to harvest something from them. Not sure what yet but that is what I think. So I would never have assumed that the game would have a feature like Yui. So maybe this game WAS designed to be a real game and someone done lost their mind.
Photobucket
:( Poor Yui. Even if she is not a real human this must have been painful for her.
So yes folks! Things make sense to me for once. XD Write this down. I understand that this game needs to the Cardinal system to function. Once all the people who removed the game gear started dropping like flies the police were going to shut things down. The game had to operate on its own without people pulling strings and what not. Plus that is how most games are, with set drop rates and story lines without human intervention. And since this game seems real to the player I can see why a program needed to take the role of an NPC to make sure players were okay. And if this program Yui was designed to have emotions I can see how she might have lost her little damn mind when she was unable to help but watched everyone suffer.
Photobucket
Clearly when your HP bar gets too low you lose your mind.
But Asuna and Kirito are still insane. So many tears after knowing this kid for 24 hours, calling them momma and daddy. I am not sure why Yui felt connected to Asuna and Kirito on such a level. Weren’t there other happy people in the game? Kirito and Asuna just became happy a few days ago! Before Asuna was gunho on fighting and nothing else and Kirito tried to be a helpful loner. There were tons of people in that field near the pet revival place that were on dates and what not. Maybe she needed strong people who were happy? But then why the momma and daddy crap? Maybe Asuna could have just smiled and nodded and not go all out. I am really bothered by this aren’t I?
Photobucket
And then she DIED folks. Or got deleted.
Also I might be a bad person. Because when Kirito had his moment and told Yui she was “real” and could do whatever she wanted of course she said she wanted to be with them. Kirito and Asuna were all smiles for like 10 seconds when she was like…but I am going to be deleted so peace out mommy and daddy. I was like MOG TROLL! A good troll because I didn’t want that kid around any longer (THAT VOICE) but mog hilarious. Like did you really just give them a glimmer of hope and you snatch it away. How horrible.
Photobucket
Kirito can slice up frogs AND store data into a cute little stone. All before dinner.
All is not lost…yet. I guess. Kirito had to do something quick or Asuna was going to melt into the ground. Not a good way to start off a marriage. He is somehow able to use anime magic to gather Yui’s data into his game gear and into an object in the game. Don’t ask me how although he tried to say he used GM power to do something. But yes he was able to save Yui so in the future he and Asuna can raise their first child together. While logically I am sure they realize that she is just data…being stuck in this game for two years has probably blurred that line for them.
Photobucket
Have I mentioned they are crazy?!?!?!
I think I have gone on long enough about how Yui was a weird little arc. Asuna and Kirito are allowed to have different sides of their personality. I just thought it was….random. And weird. Maybe when your life is on the line everyday you learn to live in the moment and adopt random kids on the ground. Now…onward to more teenagers to hacking each other to pieces!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree on the weirdness of this arc. Yui's appearance as a leftover program from the fun game SAO was supposed to be was a good idea, but they sort of ruined it by making her Asuna and Kirito's...child. Those two really are bad parents though XD. Children need more than love, they need discipline! If Yui were my 24 hour child, I would not tolerate her yelling no after I told her something. I'd be all like oh no you don't, and leave her little rear behind, not reward the behavior and let her come into a dangerous place.

The explanation of the Cardinal system reminded me of what I was expecting from this anime. I wanted to see the effects of thousands of people being trapped in a video game, not teenagers playing house. This is starting to feel like Fractale and Guilty Crown all over again. <-- is what I say as I buy SAO merchandise

Oh and one more thing. What's up with Asuna and sweaters? First she started wearing that fugly shapeless one , then Yui had a sweater too. Run, Kirito, run!

eternia said...

This teenage couple is brain dead. I think the explanation is as simple as that. I don't think I can cry for a random who has just appeared in front of me yesterday. A creepy one at that, because for no apparent reason, she started calling me mommy.

Yeah, the sweater. Many people also took note of how ugly that sweater is. Is she forty years old obaa-san? Aren't kids and teenagers supposed to wear those? My clothes are much better than them. It's probably contagious, yes? Run, gary Stu, run.
:-)

Since I skipped reading all the 'shit' side stories, I was totally surprised when Gary Stu started manipulating the yellow Matrix. And he's able to do all that he wanted in under 20 seconds, before the admin rights got revoked. What a super hacker! Oh wait, he is The Chosen One...

Christina said...

NOTneveroutgrewtoys- I think that Yui really had the potential to be a cute character. But so much focus was placed on what she meant to Kirito and Asuna she really didn't have a chance to shine. It was all our child this and we will be a family. Yui turned them into crazy people with the whole lets take you into the dungeon even though it is super dangerous.

I think the Cardinal system should have been explained more. But alas it was just mentioned once and passed over. I guess as morbid as the thought it I wanted to see more depressed people instead of happy people living their lives.

Eternia- I can see crying over a random PLAYER if they died in front of me because I could say WOW they had a family outside the game and that could have been me. But at this point they must have seen lots of people die so it wouldn't sting as much as they grew jaded over time. But crying over a computer program that has a human face? I think not. Clearly I hate the Matrix.

I think they were trying to go with an oversized sweater as that is what most girls in Japan seem to wear, huge oversized shirts. But instead it came across as someone who sits around and knits all day with her cats. Which is fine...just not something I would wear on my honeymoon with my new husband. XD

ahmed said...



شركة تنظيف وصيانة مكيفات بالعيدابي
شركة تنظيف وصيانة مكيفات بالعارضة
شركة تنظيف وصيانة مكيفات ببيش
شركة تنظيف وصيانة مكيفات باحد المسارحة
شركة تنظيف وصيانة مكيفات بابو عريش
شركة تنظيف وصيانة مكيفات بصبيا
شركة تنظيف وصيانة مكيفات بصامطة
شركة تنظيف وصيانة مكيفات بجازان