Monday, September 3, 2012

Accel World episode 21

Apparently I need to make this my last blog post of the "night". The husband has decided since we both have the day off tomorrow we should spend the day together. Silly I know right? Hopefully tomorrow is full of spending money, having fun, and being together. XD But I got a lot of blogging done today? Maybe this is my reward. XD
Photobucket
Now I'm hungry!
So as I get my sleepy self in bed...one more post. Up now is Accel World episode 21. Spoilers for Yuniko being amazing again!
Photobucket
Lets just get to the end of the episode weee! Time to go there yay!
Episode Summary: Takumu receives some gossip email about Haruyuki being the bathroom person stalker. Haruyuki is ignored while at school and both boys decide that they will contact Yuniko to get information on the incarnate system. Haruyuki phones her and Yuniko is basically over the moon and demands strawberry cake as payment. They agree to meet up so Haruyuki and Takumu take a bus ride to the restaurant of their choice. Haruyuki and Takumu “talk” to each other and to the girls on the bus it looks like they are about to make out. Happiness ensues. In reality Takumu thinks that Haruyuki should hit him for being so rude earlier in this arc which causes Haruyuki to confess to see (feeling) Chiyuri naked. Both boys decide that they will no longer talk about this fun subject and they make it to the café. Yuniko has turned into a super cute blob of moe eating her strawberry cake. Things are going well until Haruyuki mentions the incarnate system. Yuniko morphs back into her brash personality and takes them into the side room. She is upset they would DARE mention something so important out in public.
Photobucket
You go off and do something dangerous okay?
In the side room Haruyuki explains the Nomi situation and why they need her help. Yuniko says it would be in her best interest to allow their legion to be destroyed…but is like I guess I do owe you a favor….She thinks that this payback is way too big but takes on the case anyway, probably because she has a crush on Haruyuki. Yuniko says that this will take 30 minutes in real life, 20 days in game. Takumu says that he will master it in a week. They all go into the game where Yuniko decides throwing snow at Haruyuki is the best thing ever. After that Haruyuki demonstrates his incarnate ability. Yuniko is like…yeah you are a beginner. Yuniko shows off her two skills but Haruyuki points out that Yuniko just said there were 4 skills. Yuniko says their avatars are based on their past mental pains and based on what HERS were/are she is unable to master the other two skills. She then asks more about Takumu so she can better train him.
Photobucket
Some very interesting....training I see.
Takumu confesses when he was younger he was bullied for two years by older boys in his kendo club. That helped shape what his avatar is and how he can use his powers. Haruyuki gets a little emotional and leaves but not before Yuniko gives him a bit of advice. Haruyuki wakes up to the waitress of the café shaking him, saying it is time to go. After some confusion Haruyuki realizes that this café is Yuniko’s home base and this girl is in the Red Legion. Waitress girl is Blood Leopard and has decided that they need to find out how Nomi is not popping up on the challenge list. They hope on Leopard’s motorcycle and head on over to the Yellow Legion’s area Akihabara. They go to a game center and take an elevator to the top floor to a dive room. Sharing a seat they go to the Back Ground of the Yellow Legion, a neutral zone for avatars. Leopard talks about how this area is super important and they can get info this way. The bartender recognizes Leopard but she gets right to business. Bartender says he doesn’t need motivation to help since an unregistered person showed up at the center last week. But it wasn’t Nomi?!?!? THE END!


X___X So this arc IS going to last the rest of the season. Kuroyuki is SLOWLY becoming the top player in this game right? Slowly. Very slowly indeed. But I guess it is okay…..since….we didn’t see Nomi. I think that is what bothers me most about this arc anyway. XD
Photobucket
Hopefully his name gets cleared soon. :(
Haruyuki being teased and bullied over the bathroom incident…le sigh. I mean since we saw it happen at the end of the episode last week we knew it was coming. It just seems like this series is one big We Hate Haruyuki. Which makes sense. Just because Haruyuki has become strong in an online game and made one friend in real life doesn’t mean everything was going to become hearts and rainbows. Not much has changed for Haruyuki despite Kuroyuki being a highly liked person at school. Things are still rough for Haruyuki. Even though I want Haruyuki to have a break from all this…I guess it all makes sense.
Photobucket
These girls were like HOT DAMN time for a show!
The bus ride to Yuniko was amusing. But I am sure you all knew that I would enjoy that…confusion. I would have been one of those gossiping girls. I MEAN COME ON! They did look like a couple and all the dramatic faces and poses didn’t help. It is not my fault that I thought such things. Leave me and my yaoi colored glasses alone.
Photobucket
Lets hug it out again.
Haruyuki and Takumu did need to have that talk though. I understand why Haruyuki wanted to keep the naked encounter a secret but…it is probably best to confess these things upfront because if someone finds out you were lying later it will be worse. But had Haruyuki been honest right away there wouldn’t have been the fight later and maybe Takumu could have helped sooner. Still these two are constantly working and worrying about their relationship. Which I also appreciate. Things don’t get magical overnight even if the boys are bit dramatic about the situation.
Photobucket
Such a happy scene!
Photobucket
Oh look the true Yuniko.
Yuniko and her insane feelings are fun to watch. A bipolar crazy person indeed. At first I was a little scared. Like I thought this happy smiling girl act was just to make Kuroyuki mad. But Kuroyuki wasn’t even in the picture. Then I was like okay maybe the thought of a delicious treat was making her act insane. Fruit is expensive in Japan so woohoo someone else is paying for my noms. But then it all became clear…Yuniko is really a crazy person. It actually comforts me more when she is acting that way than when she is acting…happy.
Photobucket
The great and powerful Yuniko has decided to help you. BE GRATEFUL!
Now on the topic of Yuniko helping out Haruyuki…I am glad that she was thinking about whether or not to do it. What is really in her best interest? I am glad she is able to put aside her feelings for Haruyuki when her legion, something she has worked very hard for, was on the line. It wasn’t a moment of WOOHOO we are friends now and I will do all that you want. I liked the angry faces and thinking things over. That is how it should be. Maybe with less cake abuse though.
Photobucket
Yep step one!!!
Last episode I was like….so why can’t Haruyuki teach Takumu about this new and exciting power? He did learn how to use the incarnate system yes? So I didn’t understand why all this song and dance was necessary. But now it has become clear to me. Sky Raker was a bad teacher and Haruyuki accidentally learned something on his own. There is much to learn about this entire process and Haruyuki has just learned the very basics. I see now with my eyeballs.
Photobucket
With my luck my avatar would be a pizza oven. Or a caterpillar.
It seems to me everything in the game revolves around pain and past mental issues. Everyone is sad in some way. Like you can only play with game if something bad happened to you. Which I guess…would be everyone. What people can handle varies between people. Greatly. But since this entire show started with Kuroyuki wanting to find out the purpose of this game I thought I take a stab at it. If only kids can enter this game maybe it was a way for teenagers to deal with their problems when adults can’t help. That if you win the game you have successfully conquered your fears and you no longer need the game. Could that be the point of all of this?
Photobucket
Did he really just say that?!
That being said…I don’t think I would have guessed in a million years that Takumu was abused. Or bullied I should say. Was EVERYONE picked on in school? Like seriously what is wrong with people? I guess I didn’t understand how complex this game system is with colors and close/far away moves and how your fears create your avatar. Just way too much going on for my little brain. XD But poor Takumu. Guess him and Haruyuki have something else to bond over now….
Photobucket
XO RUDE HARUYUKI!
Haruyuki can’t stay and learn more about the incarnate system because…I really don’t know why. They could have hunted down why Nomi isn’t on the challenge list later. But apparently it is time for Haruyuki to meet with another cute girl and solve part of the problem while Takumu trains. Enter Blood Leopard. I am not sure what kind of problem you have in life to get that kind of avatar but I don’t think that is the point.
Photobucket
Can I go back to Japan now please?
Since this show is getting a second season we can’t be doing things and introducing another King. That would be INSANITY! So instead Blood Leopard plops Haruyuki on her motorcycle and off they go into Yellow Legion territory. I am not sure how this game challenge place is different than other challenge places in the game but apparently it is and we must go to Akihabara to see it. Which is fine by me. XD Have I mentioned that I miss Japan? :(
Photobucket
More punks? Time to kick some ass?
And so that is how the episode ends. With the brief knowledge there are at least 3 users out there that are cheating the system somehow and not appearing on the challenge list. Oh and that Haruyuki can only have tiny avatars because he just that cute. Kuroyuki is never coming back is she? X___X

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like jri said, this is the calm before the storm I should say… and yes, a lot of information are dumped at us right now, which is not anime’s fault. The LN dumped us all of that information right here at this point and no earlier… so I guess sunrise is being faithful here… but we will get a proper explanation to all of these… or at least all the major questions will be answered :) Can’t wait to see the fights!

Also, the bromance scene on the bus is a complete anime original, that’s definitely a plus. Kudos to Sunrise for giving those lines from the LN some extra life and sparkle. ^_^

Last but not least, Love Nicko's dark side!!!!

Anonymous said...

>Was EVERYONE picked on in school? Like seriously what is wrong with people?<

Oh you have no ideal just "what's wrong" w/ people.
According to Americans Statistic servery at least 1/2 children in American are bullied at school. ~30% of student refuse to go to school due to bulling. And that include from grad 3 and above.

Take a min and let that fact sink into your mind, now, compare that w/ Japan's population. I have not seen a classroom w/no bullies as far as I remember when I am in China.
I hate to say this, but bullies in school is quite normal.

Anonymous said...

About why Sky Raker's teaching....
see,(according to jrj's explination) Niko’s explanation is more pragmatic… since what Haru and Taku really want at this point is a way to counter Noumi’s void wave attack (that purple claws), but when Haru trained under Sky Raker, he wanted a way to fly again… hence the difference…

Anonymous said...

I wonder how Taku survive those 2yrs. I mean if my throat was been hit by Kendo stick, and by the way IT IS hard, for 2 whole yrs I could have been devastated. The guys is really strong than he appear to be.

eternia said...

Funny. I have never seen bullying my whole school life. I guess Indonesia is not such a bad country after all...
I am also in a bit disbelief with that "1/2 of the children are bullied". Is that information even TRUSTWORHY? Could be it the respondents answered "Yes, I have been bullied" even though he has only got his cookies snatched away from his classmate once? LOL.

Christina said...

Anonymous- Things are so complicated in this show. I remember when my problems were just everyone's names and colors actually meaning something on the avatars. Now we got imagining powers and being awesome. But I guess it is better to have some information and be confused than to have no information and be frustrated.

My yaoi colored glasses appreciated the bus scene...as did the other girls on the bus.

Anonymous 2- That is some scary statistics. I mean I remember some people being rude/mean to me and of course since I am human I remember being mean/rude to other students. But none of this continuous, hostile environment. I hope those statistics are exaggerated and they don't separate categories. Like bullied means what Haruyuki went through is the same as someone getting kicked once in the lunch room.

Anonymous 3- When you put it that way it does make sense the way Sky Raker "taught" Haruyuki. Even if I think he really taught himself. But if someone said I want to fly again...well he got that. Yuniko was asked to teach them the entire technique. Poor Haruyuki thought he knew it all. XD

Anonymous 4- Again where are the teachers and adults? Takumu came home every day with such bruises and NO ONE noticed? Stupid adults! No wonder he sticks up for Haruyuki the way he does.

Eternia- I hope those statistics are inflated. Or my country is going to have some messed up adults in the future. But one of the buzz words in the news lately has been bullied/bullying so...you know.

I remember some kids getting ignored in school and fights between certain people. But none of this everyone hates one person deal. X___X At least I hope none of that happened.