Friday, September 7, 2012

Fall 2012 Anime Line-up! My picks!

I am completely out of ammo….err I mean anime to watch. I thought I was horribly behind and that I would never catch up but somehow…here I am waiting for one show to get subbed. X___X What is the last time I could say that? Clearly I should take advantage of this moment and savor it. Also tomorrow I am sure that there will be 3 shows up and I will be passed out from the terribleness that will be Friday.
Photobucket
Let us frolic in the cool breeze!
So while I am ahead for once I decided to take the time to look at the Fall 2012 Anime Line-up and watch some previews. You know, to see what I will be behind on shortly. XD So silly. With Sword Art Online being my only rollover anime I got some slots to fill. Don’t leave me hanging Fall 2012 anime! All the synopsis information and pictures came from the internet, not me. Mainly My Anime List!

 Hiiro no Kakera 2nd Season
Photobucket
I think the show would be more fun it if actually looked like this...
Synopsis: The second half of the series started in the Spring 2012 Anime season. But here is the synopsis from season 1! Every girl dreams of being an enchanted princess, but how many stop to think about all the grim and horrible things that happen in fairy tales? That's a lesson Tamaki learns all too graphically when she's attacked by creatures she thought only existed in myths! Fortunately, she's rescued by an extraordinary young man: one who's not only part demon; but her future classmate as well, and one of the group of protectors that Tamaki will need if she's going to fulfill her destiny as a Tamayori princess. A destiny that no one's bothered to tell her she's inherited until just now! And if it wasn't bad enough to learn that every plan she'd had for the future has to change, to top it all off, Tamaki still has to start attending a new high school as well! Oh except factor in the monsters really don’t matter and the guardians couldn’t protect my cat! 

Episode Count: 13 too many 

Air Date: October 2012 

As much as I enjoyed….the first season can I really put myself through that much joy again? I do want to see a certain someone die and another certain someone be revealed to be the traitor. But now that I think back, not only was it…special…not much happened! Like where did the first 13 episodes go? How can we put up with more of that? How can the “good guys” lose any more than they already have? I don’t know if this is worth blogging. Maybe I will watch just to see some divine punishment.


Little Busters!
Photobucket
We shall be friends forever!!
Synopsis: Riki was a child when his parents died, leaving him hopeless and depressed. What saved him was a group of four kids calling themselves the Little Busters. They took Riki out and played with him during his time of need. He really enjoyed being together with them, and his grief gradually faded away. Now in his second year of high school they still hang out, fight and live together, and enjoy their school life. 

Number of episodes: Unknown 

Air Date: October 7th 

Well…didn’t that all sound like sunshine and rainbows? A cute little show full of cute little characters? Oh snap it is based on the visual novel by Key? Well surely everyone will suffer and cry while looking cute!! XD I spoiled myself…well a lot by reading about this years ago but maybe I have forgotten enough to enjoy it. That and you never known what route the anime will chose from the novel. But this synopsis makes it sound happy and full of light yes? XD I think we need to prepare for tissues. Time loops anyway? I think it this one is an anime I will definitely blog about.


Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Photobucket
Ignoring you now!
Synopsis: Mizutani Shizuku is the type of person who only cares for her own grades. But when she accidentally delivers lesson notes to Yoshida Haru, he becomes convinced they are friends. Haru turns out to have a very innocent personality, but who would've thought that Haru would actually confess to Shizuku? A cold-hearted girl and super-troublemaker romance with a fresh new perspective. 

Number of episodes: Unknown 

Air Date: September 29th 

The mini preview for this show wasn’t what I was totally expecting. It seemed that Shizuku was trying to get rid of Haru in several different movie type scenarios. But I think the show will mainly focus on slice of life stuff and romance? Maybe just a few of these crazy scenarios in Shizuku’s head? I am not quite sure about the fresh perceptive thing but a nice little romance show, learning that people can change and that you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover might be fun. Also people probably won’t die and I need an anime like that sometimes. XD 


Zetsuen no Tempest
Photobucket
Oh hi we are hot and that is all you need to know.
Synopsis: The story revolves around Mahiro Fuwa, a teenager whose family was mysteriously murdered one year before and his friend Yoshino Takigawa. Mahiro is contacted by Hakase Kusaribe, the leader of the Kusaribe clan who was left stranded on an unknown desert island by her followers, and agrees to help Hakase in exchange of her help to find out the culprit for the death of his family. Upon learning of his friend's intentions, Yoshino joins him on his quest to stand against the Kusaribe clan who intends to awake the "Tree of Zetsuen" whose power can bring ruin to the entire world.

Number of episodes: Unknown 

Air Date: October 5th 

Well….I am sure some of you smart readers out there can figure out why I might have out this anime on my list. Ah my glasses indeed. But after watching the mini preview I wonder if I am relying too much on the pretty boy factor? NO NEVER! It did look a little confusing in the preview while the synopsis seems to make more sense. I don’t know….why does everyone want to end the world anyway? Where the heck are you going to live if you destroy the world?! 


Shin Sekai Yori
Photobucket
This show looks slightly confusing and interesting.
Synopsis: About one thousand years into the future, civilization has been retrograded and humans are living dispersed within small communities. People in this era have a psychic power called "Juryoku" which materializes things they imagine. In the absence of advanced scientific technology, people are using this power as a major source of energy. 

One day, a girl called Saki, along with her friends, finds a small archive robot outside the town. It records the ancient history of humans. It tells them that Juryoku was found in the 21st century and the discovery caused a world war between psychics and non-psychics. The psychics won this war and thus their reign of terror began. 

When the adults in town figure out that the children discovered this forbidden knowledge, they seal their Juryoku and exile them. Saki and the others end up in a forest where they meet a huge hairless bipedal mouse known as a "Bakenezumi" and get involved in a violent war the creatures are currently engaged in. 

Number of episodes: Unknown 

Air Date: October 2012 

This show sounds MESSED UP! I mean in the future, psychic powers, exiled kids, and creatures at war?! Are there sugar loving fairies involved in this hot mess too? If so sign me up and hand me some aspirin. I was going to pass on this show based on the first mini preview video but then the second one with its amazing amount of violence made me change my mind. XD However I might be a little sad if the focus is mainly on the gross looking critters and not the human kids trying to get back to their village and make things right. Unless the gross looking critters are fighting the humans. Then woohoo Aspirin time!

So that looks like a pretty full list? 4 most likely yeses and 1 roll over anime show. Fall shall be busy, especially with me venturing out of my house and going on trips. WEEE! Lets see if these shows are worth it in a few weeks guys!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for your review or hiiro no Kakera season 2 :) Do you think that it will be an improved season with serious plot twists or the same weak group of heroes with the same "merciful" group of villains and a typical shoujo plot?
Personally, I hope for a much more darker and ruthless group of villains that has no hesitation in shooting the heroes in the back, dividing and ganging up on one hero, taking hostages, and led by a truly vicious villain than Aria. This will force our weak group of heroes to grow and take things seriously. It will also make the episodes much more interesting and exciting to watch if we know the heroes can die.

I agree with your analysis of Aria and the heroes: Aria was too "merciful and passive" for a villain and the heroes are too weak and not badass.

Here's to hoping for an awesome season, but I have my reservations :(

Oh yeah, I'll check out your other reviews as well. Keep up the good work :)

Anonymous said...

I apologize for the off topic question Christina, but do you know if there's going to be a second season of Guilty Crown? I checked wikipedia and other forums, and so far, they said "maybe or maybe not". I know there's a side story called Guilty Crown: Princess of Deadpool released already but nothing concrete about a second season.

I know Guilty Crown has its major flaws, but I really believe if the writers and animators got their marbles together, they could redeem the anime with a second season provided they learned from their mistakes and not use Shu again >:(

Also, I somehow get Guilty Crown confused with the video game Guilty Gear :/ Strange, I know. But I also think how awesome it would be if the second season of Guilty Crown had a badass protagonist like the one in Guilty Gear :O Too awesome in my opinion.

From what I read on your blogs about your husband, is he a gamer by chance? Since Guilty Gear is a video game (fighting game), do you think he be interested?

Here's the wiki link if you think he's interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guilty_Gear_%28series%29

I'm fan of the series, and I hope to spread that series around other gamers :)

Hope you're a gamer too :D

Anonymous said...

I won't do "Hiiro no Kakera" if you were you, you remember how many comments you receive from this show last time right?

Instead the potato pincess, you should check out "Kamisama Hajimemashita". I love the manga

Here is the PV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34Q058zzmq0

I have to say, I love the soundtrack already! ^_^

Anonymous said...

I also think
Shin Sekai Yori, is good
PV here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J-Vw9WfQs4

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika – Movie Trilogy, air on Oct 6th 2012, will also be good.

Yea, agree with the Anonymous above me, you should drop the Hiiro no Kakera. Unless they really give the show a plot, you shouldn't wast your time with it.

eternia said...

As always, you are so quick to decide, Christina.
I will definitely watch Little Buster, since I have read the light novel, and it was quite entertaining. Until it entered a specific girl route...

Next will be Psycho Pass. Since it has already confirmed to be written by Urobuchi Gen, the very author who wrote Madoka and Fate Zero.

I agreed with all the anonymous, you should just drop Hiiro no Kakera. It didn't get any hype. It didn't get any bash. It didn't get any comment / talk. Because it's simply not worth the time.

There are two shoujo anime who get a lot of hype and probably much more worth watching: Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun and Sukitte Ii na yo. Anyway. The second one is tagged as smut. I am looking forward to see how they are going to animate it. Lol.

Christina said...

Anonymous 1- Sadly I think season two will be similar to season 1. Maybe I will be surprised and it will be amazing but there was barely any character growth in season 1 and the "heroes" should have been dead 5 times over. Maybe someone else will arrive on the scene and we will get a POOR ARIA moment as she switches to the good guys. But....Tamaki should just pack up and leave town at this point.

Anonymous 2- As an unspoken rule I live my life as being off topic so ask away! I think as it stands there won't be a second season for Guilty Crown. There was a lot of potential for that show but things got lazy and fell apart, especially when it came to the who the enemy could have been and making Shu super randomly powerful. Things ended very conclusively so I am not sure how it could be re-imagined with another main character. Maybe in the future they could reboot the series but I am not seeing a second season in the future.

The husband is a gamer and his current games of choice seem to be Mine Craft and anything that involves shooting other real life players and screaming AW WHAT THE HELL every five seconds. Oh and all the Lego Pirates/Harry Potter/ect games. XD I will let him know of your suggestion though.

Anonymous 3- It is so hard for me to drop something after starting it. :( So even though I know Ms. Potato Princess was....um...special I really want to see Mahiro suffer a bit and see if ANYONE catches on to the spy in their midst.

I did sorta like the cat ear thing going on with Kamisama Hajimemashita. If I drop another show I might check this one out to see what it is all about.

Anonymous 4- I can't wait for the Madoka movies! Especially the 3rd one which is supposed to have the new material. XD I just don't want to wait that long...

It looks like Shin Sekai Yori can get complicated really fast. They could have done better with their various sneak preview videos. The first one did nothing for me but the second one was so interesting. Wonder if that means the show is going to be weird too...

Eternia- I am like BAM no or BAM yes. There are usually a few that I am on the fence about but I will usually side with no if I already picked 4 or more shows.

Poor Potato Princess. XD So little love for it.

I hope Little Busters gets a positive ending (is that spoiling too much). From the little I know about the show it can get pretty sad (especially since it is a Key product). I have faith since the other Key animes ended pretty happy but you never know.

Psycho Pass looked interesting but I am going to wait to see what other people say about the series before blogging it myself. People can't have that many hit animes in a row right? It seems like it might be similar to Minority Report (well at least in my head) so I shall wait and see. Or watch it anyway because I am addicted to hype. XD

Anonymous said...

@Tenchi
That's not cat ear it is "fox ear" for Kamisama Hajimemashita.

Christina said...

Anonymous- :( Why is it always fox ears? The Japanese really picked wrong when they chose foxes to represent something so important. Of course cats would make lazy gods...like what you are praying to me? Maybe I will get back to you...tomorrow. XD

Anonymous said...

No, cat are not lazy god, in fact, in japan, cat a the very symbol of luck and fortune. ^_^

Anonymous said...

Hi! I was wondering what you thought of the trailers for these new animes: Zetsuen no Tempest: The Civilization Blaster, K & Magi?
Nearly everyone is talking about them - would you re-consider posting reviews on them?

Christina said...

Anonymous- No see they are still lazy. They only give some people good luck. They are like MEH too much work trying to help everyone out. Everyone else fend for yourself.

Anonymous 2- I saw the "preview" for the K anime and I didn't think much of anything. Like two groups running around the city wearing costumes and standing out? It was hard to follow and the song they used for the preview was weird. WEIRD! I also had a hard time find a synopsis on the show. :( So...I don't know what to make of this show.

But since I see the world in yaoi colored glasses Zetsuen no Tempest is already up. XD

Anonymous said...

You should be excited for the Z. Tempest anime. Even though it looks confusing now, it will make sense later if they stick to the manga's storyline. I really recommend that you read the manga because the plot is quite interesting

Christina said...

Anonymous- That makes me feel better because the promo videos online make it look all over the place and complicated. I might put off reading the manga though because my posts are so much more fun when I am getting things wrong because I don't know what is coming. XD