Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Nendoroid Erio Touwa crashing landing in Tenchi's house!

Hello there people of the internets!!!! XD Tuesday and Wednesdays are supposed to be my catch up on anime days but....yeah. Real life. Kicking a lot of people's butts that I know. X___X Emergency cake and tissue times at Case de Tenchi.
Photobucket
Erio first view of the outside world was in a hotel! XO
While I am counting my many blessings I thought HEY lets blog about something happy and makes me smile. About a month ago it was our 6th year anniversary and while on vacation my husband of course gifted me with a nendoroid as I love tiny pieces of plastic. XD And before I could even post pictures of her loveliness I took her out of the package and around theme parks. So...I guess it is high time to count my blessing with a sweet husband and do a proper blog post. Introducing Erio Touwa!!!
Photobucket
Erio Touwa is from the anime Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko. Upon reading the synopsis about this show which aired a few seasons ago I thought it was going to be about a girl (Erio) who was abducted by aliens and how her cousin Makoto would help figure out what happened to her when she went missing 6 months ago.
Photobucket
Sadly the show was barely about that. More like Erio acted weird, ate pizza, and wrapped herself around in a futon. But the topic of aliens or really finding out what DID happen to Erio for 6 months was barely touched upon. The 6 month thing really bothered me, no one was really concerned about that...not even the mom. So....the show was a bit of a bust for me. But just because I wasn't over the moon for the show doesn't mean I don't understand the cuteness that is this nendoroid. Just thought I give a little background on the show. Cute characters, okay plot.
Photobucket
What the heck kind of stand is this?! Did they send me the wrong piece?
Photobucket
XO I SEE! This is my first nendoroid with a magnetic stand. Sure it makes her slightly heavier but if she becomes easier to pose I will take that extra weight. Why didn't Good Smile think of this before?! BEST IDEA EVER!!!!
Photobucket
Here is a view of Erio floating in the air because of her amazing magnetic stand! No more forcing that tiny plug in a misshaped hole in her back. Does that mean there is limited mobility though? If there is I must not have minded because I was too busy posing her all over the place with no help from the husband weeeee!
Photobucket
Take me to your leader! Oh wait my new owner works a pizza place? Psht I am staying here then.
Photobucket
Close up of the pattern on the futon. Poor Erio owns no shoes. Walking around looking like a homeless person with sparkly hair.
Photobucket
Picture of what the futon body looks like. There are Technically THREE bodies for Erio. That means less "extra" pieces but who needs 327832 arms and legs and what not right when you can have different torso parts.
Photobucket
TADA! This is what Erio looks like in her....well everyday outfit. Hard to separate her from the futon right? Erio has a hard time dressing herself in the morning what with the crocked top and lack of socks/shoes.
Photobucket
Erio comes with a fun little UFO that she can hold. On a stick. ON A STICK FOLKS! So while there were no actual aliens in the show Good Smile manages to find something interesting to give Erio. Something from the opening credits!
Photobucket
Close up of the spaceship. Maybe it will evade the husband's legos next. That would be tragic right?
Photobucket
I have no idea what I was thinking with this picture. To make Erio look like Godzilla or something? Maybe I was trying to show off her underwear. Which you can see in a normal picture....
Photobucket
Blurry Erio smiling with her toy. Smile through the blurriness!
Photobucket
Erio comes with a sorta sitting pose. I say sorta sitting because I couldn't get her legs to look like the perfect pose on the box without flashing everything or a leg falling off.
Photobucket
So Erio looked like her legs were broken so she could sit down on the ground. But at least she has pizza to drown her pain in.
Photobucket
I tried to make Erio sit like a lady so her panties weren't showing. But then she ended up flying in the air even more. XO Maybe she really is an alien.
Photobucket
Finally body for Erio! The only pieces that are removable are the tiny little legs. Help me help me I'm trapped!
Photobucket
A quick picture to show how the futon connects to the magnet. See how simple and easy it is?
Photobucket
Erio and her tiny feet sticking out. You can't throw her a piece of pizza but that's okay. We wouldn't want to mess up her lovely hair. Still a rather fun piece to have although I don't think I would take it out on any field trips as people would REALLY look at me silly. I mean...nendoroid picture taking makes sense but a hunk of plastic you can't recognize away? Only an anime fan would appreciate it. XD
Photobucket
For now I think I will keep Erio displayed like this so she can hold her little UFO. But I do love the half futon look. So much to love about a show that was just meh for me. So thank you husband dear for the lovely gift. XD So cute!

4 comments:

eternia said...

She's cute.
But the anime is a total waste of my life and my time. I am enraged even now, when I think about it. Not only it's not telling anything about alien, the plot was barely progressing as well. Basically, nothing happened for whole 12 episode!
Bleh.

Christina said...

Eternia- I felt the same way but was downplaying my MEH because the cuteness of this piece of plastic is overwhelming. I mean not as much rage as Guilty Crown....mainly because Nendoroid Inori is cute. XD

I think if the synopsis had been more honest I wouldn't have been so bored out of my mind. I was waiting the entire time for something to happen but instead I got a cute girl eating pizza.

Anonymous said...

I know it's not Nendoroids but Pokemon is back at McDonald's and I got Pikachu in quick attack more and he is mean looking. Okay, I'll let you get back to talking about *serious* collectibles. I always enjoy your scores, altho this futon girl I don't know at all.

Christina said...

Anonymous- I only learned that Pokemon were at McDonalds because some kids came into our restaurant with Happy Meals and I saw them on the box! And not only that they are considered the "boy" toy and another "girl" toy is offered along side of them. X__X When has that happened before? Been eating a few Happy Meals lately to get the husband the cards.

Erio is a cute futon girl but I don't recommend watching the series she is from. XD