Thursday, June 28, 2012

Accel World episode 11

Hello there my lovely readers! I no longer need a boat to navigate around my town. I do however need some sort of magical aspirin that makes 4 day long headaches go away. X___X It has been super hard to concentrate lately thus the lack o posts. Usually Wednesday and Tuesdays are my catch up days. Well the past two days have been MOG I am not getting out of bed until I have to days. Bleh.
Photobucket
Have I mentioned that his name sucks?
But the show much go on, with eye twitches and all! It feels like forever since I watched Accel World. X__X How does that always happen to me?! Episode 11 time though. Spoilers for me watching Transformers…or something.
Photobucket
Look how sparkly we are...because we are the main characters.
Episode Summary: Yuniko accuses the Yellow King of causing this all, for giving her man that craziness and turning him into the Chrome Disaster. Yellow King pretends to not understand what she is talking about and instead talks about the treaty and how since her man attacked and took away points from one of his people he is in his rights to take out Yuniko. Yuniko knows that Yellow King picked this particular legion member as his special attacks makes her special attack useless thus she was unable to take him out herself. Haruyuki suggest they log out but everyone is kind enough to inform him that they have to log out in specific areas of this field and to do so they need to pass that huge horde that is the Yellow Legion. Yellow King asks Kuroyuki to stay out of this battle and she is like um hell no? Yellow King then plays an video of the previous Red King calling for the truce among the Kings, that no one would try to reach level 10. He calls Kuroyuki a friend in particular and she hugs him as she has no hands. Then…she hugs his head off. Seeing this video makes Kuroyuki….pass out or something lame. Takumu suggest they run which goes as well as suspected. Yellow King does some illusion thing on Haruyuki that lasts a certain number of seconds. In that time frame Takumu protects the rest of the group and “dies” using his body as a shield. Haruyuki is hysterical.
Photobucket
I would NEVER be sneaky. Ever!
Yuniko suggests that Haruyuki takes the no will to fight Kuroyuki and run. Haruyuki says he will stay and fight. Yuniko then turns into her fort self, asking Haruyuki for back-up. Everyone opens fire on them and Yuniko takes great joy in blasting them to bits…until one jams her radar. She tells Haruyuki to find that avatar but due to the fact he hasn’t memorized every single rule in the game he is quickly pinned down. Yuniko is quickly overwhelmed and taken apart by Yellow Legion members. Haruyuki uses the power of love to tell Kuroyuki to wake up and rediscover her dream. This magically wakes Kuroyuki up who is pissed that Haruyuki thinks she was in love with the first Red King. Kuroyuki quickly takes out some legion members and Haruyuki unjams the radar things. Yuniko and Haruyuki watch as the first real battle between two level 9’s take place. It is a tough battle but Yuniko thinks Kuroyuki will win. Before she can land the killing blow…Chrome Disaster walks up and stabs Yellow King. THE END!
Photobucket
We are going to pull together and find a way out of here...NOM!!!!
X___X Why are some people calling this Guilty Crown 2.0? That’s a little harsh don’t you think? So mean indeed!!!! 


That being said some concepts could be better explained. Or maybe I could develop better comprehension skills? I doubt it is my fault though as I saw many people asking the same questions I had in my head. So that makes me feel better, that people are just as confused as I am. XD But yes I had to do a little research before I could start blogging about this show. Don’t want to come across completely uninformed right?
Photobucket
Never let go Haruyuki. Never let go!!!!
What I am mainly talking about is the dramatic “death” of Takumu. Everyone was like NOOOO especially Haruyuki. It was like Takumu was taken out of the game entirely. Which is what I thought he was doing with his talk of sacrifice, take care of Kuroyuki nonsense. But if that were really the case then the rest of the yellow region wouldn’t be so eager to jump on the Red King right? So after some learnings I have discovered when you die on the neutral field you get a little timer and you revive after that time.
Photobucket
Haruyuki cries a lot...
So Takumu is not dead. Or not out of the game forever. Which is what I thought was going on since there was so much boo hooing. Maybe Haruyuki is just a dramatic person. Now if Yellow King had taken out Kuroyuki then it would have game over for her. But Haruyuki and Takumu can splat all they want and will be okay as long as they don’t lose all their points. Stop confusing me with your dramatic NOOOOOS Haruyuki.
Photobucket
But not the Kings right?
This peace treaty business is interesting. But now that we know how hard it is to get the Brain Burst program in the first place someone losing it forever would be a shame right? It confuses me a bit though. Haruyuki was almost taken out by Ghost Rider as he was a newbie with barely any points. Was that allowed because Haruyuki didn’t belong to any legion? Or does the non aggression pact on apply to this neutral zone and if people battle elsewhere it is fair game?
Photobucket
....Except Kings yes?
Either way one would think that the Kings would be exempt from this treaty unless they were the ones running around attack people. Like if a red took out a yellow and the originally red couldn’t be found…pick another red. Not the King. It would be too easy to do what the Yellow King did. Well not easy but easier you knows?
Photobucket
Light our darkest HOUR!!!!
Most of the battle looked like the 80’s version of Transformers. Well the movie anyway with the huge robot Earth eating planets and what not. Everything just looked generic and cheap, like only the main characters matter and the designs of everyone else was left undone until the day the episode was due. Like OH hurry make drill dude and magnet man. Transformers indeed.
Photobucket
Behold this mighty fight!!!
The battle between Yellow King and Kuroyuki was done well though. Or maybe it was flashing by so fast it could only look good. Clearly that is where the money was spent in the episode. I was kinda looking forward to seeing their ultimate attacks though.
Photobucket
Manipulating yes? Illusions...I don't know.
However…..Yellow King has a weird set of attacks for this kind of game. I would expect high defense, maybe a focus on different element attacks, or maybe something like high speed. But illusion? That is in the realm of magic which is okay…but that doesn’t seem to be what this game is about. It seems more focused on real properties and real solutions via science. Not something that would affect the entire field or someone’s mind. I don’t know if I am making sense but an illusion attack seems like something one would use in the real world. Not in a computer game that has metal colors and what not. But maybe it is hard to gauge what is acceptable in a game that has your soul walking around in an avatar. Just wasn’t expecting it.
Photobucket
Don't worry! I am just getting a hug from a girl with blades for hands. This will end well.
I also wasn’t expecting Kuroyuki to have killed the Red King via hug. I don’t know, I just took her version of the truth as…well the truth. That they were all standing around and BAM she cut off his head. No no apparently the Red King was trying to talk up the rest of the Kings into a pact of friendship. That the Red King chose Kuroyuki as an example of friendship. And bam OFF WITH YO HEAD via a hug. I guess that really does make Kuroyuki pretty awful if you think about it. Yellow King has a point, that it would have been better had Kuroyuki and the Red King fought it a fair battle instead of what went down. Of course….whose to know if Red King wasn’t planning something with that hug too?
Photobucket
Again if you liked him the most why did you take him out? Because it would be easiest now or harder later? WHY ARE YOU STILL CRYING?!
But hot damn Kuroyuki. I thought you were over this woe is me crap. You had over 2 years to feel sorry for your actions. And I am pretty sure you were tell Haruyuki that you wanted to see the end to this game no matter what. So maybe I am not understanding how this vision/illusion worked but I thought Kuroyuki was beyond that now. Almost like they needed Kuroyuki to be unconscious so the battle wouldn’t be obviously lopsided and this was the best reason they could come up with.
Photobucket
Psht how dare you get that idea from the tiny facts I have given you thus far!
If Kuroyuki was unable to connect her soul to her avatar how was she able to hear Haruyuki? I mean I am still having a hard time understanding how Kuroyuki seeing the past made her unable to fight. It would have been Yellow King’s words later that ate at her soul. But is Haruyuki’s secret power the ability to communicate to Kuroyuki when she isn’t in her avatar? Oh and I also thought she had a crush on Red King too. The first one. So pay no attention to that crazy girl okay Haruyuki!
Photobucket
What will this show become when Yuniko leaves? What about the faces?!?!?!
Yuniko was so fun to watch this episode yes? So crazy and yet so amazing to watch. It is like her face is stuck in a permanent state of WTFness. Who would want to be in her legion? XD
Photobucket
Um....remember me guys? I was standing here the whole time.....
The episode ends with Kuroyuki getting a huge EFF YOU to the face. Funny how everyone was focused on Chrome Disaster and then forgot about him. Like lala weren’t you tracking his movements? Weren’t you extremely close to his location? OH SNAP THERE HE IS!! So Chrome Disaster coming and killing Yellow King is great for Mr. Yellow King. Now he lives to fight another day. Had Kuroyuki taken him out it would have been game over. Poor Kuroyuki. XD Maybe next time?

3 comments:

eternia said...

Aaah. Yellow radio. The worst name you can give your game character. It reminded me of my granny's old yellow radio. It has unnecessary big size, and it has a lot of static noise.
:-)
The way Haruyuki cried for Takumu's death is ridiculous, indeed. These kids are taking online games too seriously. The way they keep adding new rules and mechanics halfway, for the author's convenience, does make it another Guilty Crown alike, but it's not that bad, at least AW's characters have consistent behavior. I gave it a score of 7 on myanimelist. While Guilty Crown got 6.
:-D

Anonymous said...

It is really interesting to see the Kings' personalities in this ep. You can see that Yellow Radio is a complete jerk, Red Rider is a bubbly nice guy (at least according to this ep), Black Lotus’ seriousness/cruelty, and Scarlet Rain’s bipolar craziness. And, yes, I do agree, that recover of Black Lotus is really wired. x__x

Also, some more info: unless Level 9s are killed by other Level 9s they’ll die normally and lose points. Given how many points they have, it’s basically infinite res.

Christina said...

I swear I commented to these already. Where did they go?! XO

Eternia- I refused to even type out the Yellow King's name. XD Out of protest or something. What part of him is a Radio?!

I thought it was just me having trouble keeping up with the rules. but Haruyuki just keeps getting flashback of Kuroyuki explaining things to him...as it happens. Video games are complicated though so I am not sure if I could do anything better. And at least these rules make sense in terms of skills and such for games. Guilty Crown just had Shuu randomly gaining abilities for no reason.

Anonymous- The first Red King makes me wonder...if it was better for him to get taken out first. Like maybe he was too happy to handle the eventual pressures of this game. Makes me wonder how all the characters would have turned out if they didn't turn on their high level "friends".

I wonder how many points someone would gain for killing a King. That is probably a boring part of the game though, in the anime at least. To explain the point system and how it increases each time. XD Still that would be a lot of points yes?