Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Japan Trip 2011 Revisited! Tokyo Disneyland Critter Country, Westernland, Adventureland, and Bon Voyage

My plan to share more of my Japanese trip pictures has taken a bit of a back seat in order to get caught up on other posts. XD it is a bit overwhelming how many pictures I did take while I was away last year. But in a way it is fun looking back at all the lovely pictures we took and all the fun we had. And for those who are mainly on my blog for the anime posts…at least these trip pictures took place in Japan? XD
Photobucket
The Haunted Mansion. Actually inside of Fantasyland in this park.....
I meant to finish up at least the Tokyo Disneyland portion of our trip by May 31st, the day when we came back home one year ago. But better late than never. Unlike my other Tokyo Disneyland posts this will feature….well 4 portions of the park. XD After relooking at my pictures I realize we spent most of our time in Toontown, Fantasyland, and Tomorrowland. Next time (and hopefully there will be a next time within 24 months of this post…) we will take more time in other portions of the park AND go see DisneySea. But for now enjoy the pictures we did take as night slowly started to take over and we tried to get more done in the time we had left. XD
Photobucket
So yes! The Haunted Mansion. Once again a ride with no wait at all. We walked directly into the stretch room and then onto the buggies. Thus....these are the two pictures you get of the ride. XD Honestly I think we were so excited for the no wait we just rushed through the queue without taking any pictures. Without pictures it is hard for me to remember what exactly the outside looked like but I don't think it had as elaborate of a graveyard as we do in Florida. The ride was nearly identical to the one I am familiar with. It is always fun to see the hitchhiker at the end. Sorry I don't have more pictures of this ride. XD
Photobucket
For some reason we started to go through the park faster than we had earlier. But at Disney World we never do much in Westerland and Adventureland either. So...this was a typical Disney trip for us. We did take a few pictures here and there. Mainly taking in the views.
Photobucket
Critter Country! Um....yeah I took a picture? XD Not a complete Disney report by any means. I took 4949432 pictures of both parades okay!
Photobucket
I feel very welcomed in your tiny portion of the park. XD
Photobucket
Grandma Sara's Restaurant. We stopped by here so we could take a quick potty break and I nearly ended up smacking myself unconscious on some stairs. We went up the restaurant to find out the bathrooms were outside on the first floor. Almost killed myself for no reason. JUST KIDDING! Everyone knows people can only die in the parking lot across the street from Disney, any Disneys. XD On a side note every single bathroom we used (which we didn't use much as we were magical, in shape, and not that hungry after the Queen of Heart's Banquet) was beyond clean and had someone hanging around outside to keep it looking perfect.
Photobucket
Another ride we didn't go on in this trip. Beaver Brothers Explorer Canoes. But it looked like a lot of fun. People were smiling and what not. I do wonder if people are actually rowing the boat or if it is on a guided rope. XD
Photobucket
Splash Mountain. For some reason my husband didn't want to go on this ride. I think was afraid of spending the rest of the day (which would soon be night) all wet. Now I know this ride doesn't get you soaked like it can at other rides. I wasn't meaning to take a picture of anyone in particular, just like here is the ride. But then these people seemed happy to see us so it worked out.
Photobucket
In the same river as the canoes but located in Westerland is Mark Twain's Boat. If I ever road this I was 7 and don't remember. One day. One day I will say HEY lets leave Fantasyland and actually see the rest of the park. Maybe if I take the plunge and become an Annual Passholder. Take a picture and wave!
Photobucket
Buildings in Westernland. Or at least I think so. Big Thunder Mountain is where we were walking to but it might be Adventureland. Either way we are near both Westernland and Aventureland. There weren't big signs separating each land like I am used to. How am I supposed to know where I am?!
Photobucket
See that picture was taken just to the left of the ride. XD Confusing. When we first got to Big Thunder Mountain the wait time was only 5 minutes! We rushed on and walked through the whole queue to the part where you are standing on an angle. Then a voice in Japanese spoke and suddenly everyone was on their cellphones. Earthquake we figured out. Everyone exited the ride so we did too. But this one the only ride that we noticed that was shut down due to the earthquake. It was a tiny one, we felt nothing. Maybe other rides were shut down too but since we weren't on them we didn't notice. XD Oh wells, onward to other things.
Photobucket
Country Bear Theater. I can't remember the last time I saw this show. But I hear it is a nice place to sit and get out of the heat. I also hear it is not that popular in Japan so the wait times are reasonable. Snap a picture and run.
Photobucket
More eggs. It was fun to just be randomly walking around and suddenly spot an egg. We find as many as possible but of course on our first visit we did miss some. Wonder what the park looks like without all the Easter decorations. I don't know if I want to find out. XD Maybe unless it is the Halloween event.
Photobucket
Oh snap there were some strollers at Tokyo Disneyland. Here is the proof right here! XD Is the one line thick row?!
Photobucket
More details of the Enchanted Tiki Room Stitch style. Now after watching that anime episode with Stitch going to Disneyland these pictures are more fun. XD
Photobucket
I can't remember the last time I have been in the Tiki Room when I went to Disney. I swear I love Disney World people if apparently I have only seen half the park. I promise to change that. XD But look at all these little details Stitch left behind.
Photobucket
Not a great driver that Stitch.
Photobucket
The Polynesian Terrace Restaurant. This place looked very fancy. And very expensive. Reservations must be made in advanced on a Japanese site though. I am not much of a foodie. The Queen of Hearts Banquet really filled me up, which I am glad since it was way more than I am used to spending on meals. I am so fancy. Still people looked to be having a great time. A little getaway in a busy park. When it is busy of course.
Photobucket
Jungle Cruise! I have been on this before and had a blast. Now obviously I didn't ride it this time as the main selling point is the cheesy jokes and I don't speak Japanese. I hear though the skippers are very outspoken and lively, something not seen much in most of Japan. XD
Photobucket
I spy you pirate Goofy! Trying to escape the camera. You can't hide from me.
Photobucket
Blue Bayou Restaurant! My husband wanted something to eat but I was still feeling full and thought I could get a waffle later. Spoilers I didn't. XD It was shopping or eating and shopping is way more important to me. We went in to see glimpses of the Pirate ride. We couldn't see much but were served very fast. This is the husband's dessert as he got the Easter Meal Special. His steak was so delicious though. Expensive place, for me anyway.
Photobucket
Tokyo Disneyland is known for its awesome nighttime parade. When we were there it was down. Sadness. But since we were just happy to be there because of the recent horrible earthquake we couldn't mind too much. After all this was our THIRD parade of the day. We actually walked out of the restaurant and I thought for sure we had missed it. But saw the lights and took off running. Because I am 5.
Photobucket
The parade was very short but it felt like everyone in the park was watching it. XD
Photobucket
Even though this was their back-up parade it was still rather lovely. I think our pictures turned out good given the fact we just ran up as it started.
Photobucket
After the parade people started to clear out. Probably to make it to the gift shops to buy their souvenirs.
Photobucket
This was basically the whole parade. But better than no nighttime parade. Plus now when I got back I can see the main one and experience both.
Photobucket
We almost missed these little eggs. All this hiding on us. I really love the little plate of spaghetti they are sharing.
Photobucket
The people who didn't directly leave the park went directly to Big Thunder Mountain. That was our plan too given it was down earlier in the day. Now this line looks horrible and sad but the wait was only about 30 minutes. Of course had we gotten on in the 5 minute one I could have done more shopping. Le sigh. I spent way too much money anyway. The ride was pretty awesome at night I will admit. There were quite a few office ladies riding it with us, screaming and having a good time.
Photobucket
After waiting line to meet Mickey (pictures in my first post back in June 2011) we started to make our way back to the entrance. Mickey's house was cute but we got right into the section before Mickey without stopping. The line was so short. XD Not that it matters anyway as my batteries would have died there. On the way to the main store my husband stopped to take a few pictures and this was the last one before it officially died. XD It had documented a lot today. Next time we go we should bring back up batteries and not back up memory cards. But isn't the castle pretty at night? XD
Photobucket
Statues lined the major walkway connection the train station to the ticket entrance of Tokyo Disneyland. These would have made fun photo ops had we not been walking very fast to the entrance. Way too excited I guess. XD
Photobucket
Chip and Dale at night. Glad these pictures turned out.
Photobucket
I didn't see anyone else taking pictures of these statues one the way up or down but me. XD But maybe they have seen them a million times. I am used to seeing them in the park though.
Photobucket
There were a few more statues lining the walkway but it was pretty dark outside and it appeared on my camera that NONE of them were turning out. So I stopped and continued my way up to the train station.
Photobucket
Since we were actually SHOOED out of the park as we were trying to take a few egg pictures we made our way back to the metro station. There was a sea of people but they were making great time, like if they didn't make the next train there would be NONE for the rest of the night. But I took my time and stopped to actually look at Bon Voyage. We passed it first thing in the morning but that seemed like days ago now.
Photobucket
The entrance to the store. It was really cute actually. I was trying to take as few pictures as possible because the camera was like NO I am tired! I would have taken more of the semi elaborate entrance and the other posters if I had time and batteries though.
Photobucket
There was so much cute in the store!!! But the husband was getting tired and I am sure I was just running on reserved energy and didn't acknowledge how tired I was. Otherwise I would have window shopped. I am great at that. XD But the husband puts up with shopping because he loves me and we had an hour trip back to our hotel. Pictures on the fly. In the background I spy more cellphone charms. The main shop inside the park had MOREEEEEE!
Photobucket
Don't die on me camera!!!!! I want to get all the oversized statues on the record. Normally I would have taken many angles and what not but the camera was shutting off each time I took a picture at this point.
Photobucket
These Chip and Dale statues were sorta...crazy looking? And see I did manage to take a picture of some merchandise. I kinda wish I bought that random Mickey doughnut plushie....
Photobucket
This is the very last picture I was able to take before my camera officially died and wouldn't turn back on. So no merchandise pictures at Bon Voyage. So let me tell you a bit about the store. When you first get off the metro you have to walk down a bit to get to the actual gate of Tokyo Disneyland. On the way you pass this store that looks like a suitcase. Bon Voyage. So it is on Disney property but you don't need to pay to get inside. Inside the store was much of the same basic merchandise you can find in the parks. I am sure the parks HAVE to have more but if you couldn't afford Disney for the day you could still walk away with some NICE souvenirs and not generic cheap stuff.
Thus FINALLY concludes our first trip to Tokyo Disneyland. There are some more pictures...but I took out the blurry ones or the ones that were very similar to ones already posted. So there you have it. Tokyo Disneyland as we saw it. I hope you enjoyed the pictures. We had a blast, probably spent way too much on food, and came home with quite a few cute souvenirs. Promise to do more next time and post just as many pictures. XD

No comments: