Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan episode 2

Disappointing episode was disappointing.

Time for my mini review of this episode.



Photobucket

Hijikata we get it. You are a moody hater. You don't have to try so hard.

Episode Summary: Turns out that last week that Keisuke hurt his arm, not Hijikata. Probably because all the different names confuse me. Anyway those two return from their trip and Hijikata is all WHY IS CHIZURU OUT OF HER ROOM?! Keisuke spends a lot of time feeling sorry for himself and not eating. Chizuru volunteers to serve him his food and despite him treating her like dirt he starts to turn around and be more positive despite the limited use of his arm.

Photobucket

Hopefully her father also has a very distinct hair style or this makes no sense.

The second part of the episode centers on some drama in the town. Chizuru is allowed to go with the guys on patrol after she proves herself. She seeks information about her father and accidentally stumbles on a den of hidden weapons. Some group is planning to kidnap the Emperor or some jazz. The police force breaks up into two uneven groups with the larger group going to the location they think the baddies are at and the small group going to the more unlikely location. Turns out there are at the unlikely location and after some drama it is Chizuru who is running to inform the other group. The end!

Wow I can limit my words down! Of course it might have been that I found this episode really boring so there wasn’t that much to say but meh. Go me anyway.

But yeah. This episode was boring. I am not sure if it’s because of learning all these names is keeping me from actually experiencing the episode or if it’s the not being aware of the time period/problems of this time. Maybe it’s both. But it moved so slow.

Photobucket

Such a bright shining star.

And I don’t want to watch a series in which every week a guy is yelling at a girl constantly for no good reason. We get it Hijikata. Chizuru needs to be locked up in her room because you guys are falsely imprisoning her under the guise of protection. BUT STOP YELLING!

Photobucket

Hello to you too!

The whole Keisuke hurt his arm thing was meh. I get that without the use of his arm he might as well be dead but since I am not a boy I don’t truly understand the over the top sadness. He can still be a teacher right? He can still help with other things. But since he can’t go out and die with his friends his life is over. But Chizuru set him straight. You know, after he got done saying crap about her.

Photobucket

Yes exactly.

I am not sure who is after the Emperor or why. Maybe if I understood why they are baddies I would be more MOG this makes so much sense but nopers. Just a lot more names and crap going on that I don’t understand. The whole one line of plot was quickly brushed over so we could get to the killing.

Photobucket

Look at me being useful! Now I will prove my worth!

Chizuru is going to save the day. Because she is dressed like a boy and can hold a sword. But it was obvious enough that Chizuru was going to be the one to run to the large group and warn them the small group (where most of the main characters are) is about to be mushed. The thing I want to know is how Keisuke knew that was going to happen. It seemed a bit…odd that he didn’t trust this one dude enough to complete the mission. Really Chizuru should have slowed him down if anything. So that was interesting. But I still predict that Keisuke will get attacked at the empty headquarters anyway.

And that’s about it. Really boring. :( Not seeing the plot I was promised yet. Hopefully things improve because a cast full of bishies isn’t enough to hold my attention for much longer.

Photobucket

Wait don't give up on us yet! Look at us being important and stuff.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Typical stupid fangirl on the bandwagon again. God, you are annoying.

Christina said...

Tro...I mean Anonymous- Please be pointing out the fangirling. Because if anything I bashed the series in this post. Reading is hard I know.

If I'm so annoying don't read my reviews. No one is forcing you. Or if you disagree with my point of view feel free to discuss them in the comments.