Wednesday, April 14, 2010

K-On!! Season Two Episode 2


Photobucket

Hard to have a bad day watching this silliness. XD

Most people hate Mondays because that means the start of the work/school week. There are groans and moans at getting up early and facing another week of blehness. My work schedule is a bit different so Wednesdays are my bleh days. The start of the work week and the insanity that is certain to follow.

But last anime season Wednesdays were a bright spot as Kobato was subbed and up those days. So even though Wednesdays meant bleh they also were happy days because I got to watch happy anime goodness.

This anime season will be the same as last season. Wednesdays are still bleh (actually by next week Wednesdays and Thursdays might tie in terms of MOGness, we will have to see) but now I have K-On!! to brighten up my day. So boo to work and yay to anime.

Spoilers for K-On!! episode 2. Beware of weird girls who play instruments.





Photobucket

Exactly Yui. Such a special Yui.

Episode Summary: After class the girls have to wake up Yui from her afternoon slumber. Sawako tells the girls that she needs the animal costumes back for another club. Once Mio becomes aware how messy the club room is she orders a cleaning day much to the sadness of Ritsu and Yui, the later being especially distraught since most of the junk is hers. While cleaning the girls find some items left by previous Light Music Club members. One item is an old guitar that belonged to Sawako. Sawako gives the girls permission to sell the guitar to fund the club. After being handed a pamphlet the girls go to JapanMart where Mugi is in awe of how us common folks shop for bargains. The other girls are pretty weird too as Mio orders a much needed shelf for the club closest. Yui is especially special about this weird little turtle and Azusa humors her for a bit.

Photobucket

Oh yeah we need more members....

The girls finally carry the guitar to the music shop where Yui bought her guitar (the place that Mugi’s father owns). The girls poke around and discuss the photos of bands with lots of members until they are told the guitar is worth 5k. There are X_X faces all around. The girls dine at Wendys (okay McDonalds but I like Wendys better) while Ritsu tries to make all the girls imagine how awesome this money is. Soon the girls start thinking about the lovely things they can afford with this kinda cash (well Mugi is more like this is a lot of money and Yui is like PANCAKES but whatever). When the girls return to school Ritsu tries to lie about how much money they received for the guitar and goes as far as to eat the receipt. Sawako happily takes the money but says the girls can buy one thing with part of the cash. While trying to think of what would be best for the club the girls walk by other clubs having fun with their new members and Azusa has a bit of sad face. The older girls discuss their options about getting new members to make Azusa happy and Yui comes up with a super plan. Azusa enters the club room the next day to find out the one item the girls picked out: the weird looking turtle. Azusa states that Yui was the one who liked the turtle but Azusa smiles anyway, happy that the girls thought of her. Yay for a picture perfect ending.

Photobucket

We're not worthy!

So yesterday when I praised myself and my ability to be brief. Yeah that was a short lived experience. I guess when something is interesting and fun it is easier to talk about. Shocking I know.

But this episode was super cute. Way better than the anime I blogged yesterday. Even K-On!! can take the tired old plot of rich girl is amazed at some lame commoner issue and make it seem fun. Thank you K-On!! for bringing the fun to my Wednesday.

Photobucket

Big box stores are very impressive to the rich.

Let’s talk about the JapanMart trip. The girls end up going to a huge store that resembles Wal-Mart; it sells a bit of everything is mass quantities, super low (or what I think is super low) prices, and it takes up a huge amount of space. Clearly Mugi and her rich self only shop at specialty stores. Or maybe she doesn’t even go to stories at all and her personal shopper picks everything out for her. The point is Mugi goes Ouran Host Club on us and has to take in the specialness that is the everyday bulk store.

Photobucket

Stores?! Selling stuff?! SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!

Mugi is not the only girl who has way too much fun at JapanMart. Apparently Yui has never seen screws before. SCREWS people. I also like that she decided she was killing people with a screwdriver. Ritsu trying to mock Yui while wearing a hard hat was pretty funny. The turtle probably thought Yui and Azusa were freaks and was like please don’t take me home!!! Now if people were acting like this at Wal-Mart I would probably just keep on walking. Or join in. Or take pictures. But since this is Japan-Mart I am sure the customers were XO at this behavior and had to hide the eyes of the young children. Fun times.

Photobucket

Wouldn't you miss all that stuff...?

I want to know how Yui has accumulated so much junk in the club room. I mean treasures. I apologize, I don’t like it when people call my treasures junk. XD But seriously Yui the point in having treasures is to take them home and have them take space up on your shelves. You cannot love your treasures when they are locked in a closet at school!!! I know carrying stuff can be a drag (protip: get married so the husband can carry all your convention loot!) but that is the price we must bear to own cute stuff.

Photobucket

Do you think Sawako was this crazy in high school?

How did Sawako not know the guitar was worth that much? I am not a musician but can’t you tell when something is vintage and when something is an old piece of crap? I don’t know but I guess I am more amused at the fact that Sawako had that nice guitar and it is probably pure luck she didn’t smash it in a moment of “inspiration”. But at the end of the day it was nice that she was willing to donate the guitar to the club funds. Granted she thought it was only worth like 50 bucks but that was her 50 bucks.

Photobucket

Money turns sane people crazy. XD

I always amuse myself with the fact that I always have to take a moment to think about yen to dollars conversion. It made me feel better that Mio had a WTF moment too and thought it was 5 million yen! But yeah, I was like wait 50k?! No silly, move the decimal one more place. But still X_X Who gives a bunch of kids that kind of cash? I guess since Japan is a cash country it is possible that a store had that money on hand but still. I would be running home, not flashing it at Wendys.

Photobucket

That is one dedicated crazy person.

Ritsu eating the receipt was the best scene of the whole episode. Possibly the entire series. I love how it was just…NOM and the girls cheer her on. I love how the girls often do that with one another. None of this GASP did you really just do that but YAY you go girl. It was hilarious to watch. I love it. More please.

Photobucket

AW bonding moment.

The turtle scene was fine. Since it came after the receipt thing it wasn’t as good as it was meant to be. XD But since last week they showed Azusa being sad about the lack of new members I was wondering when this scene was going to happen. I thought the results were going to be different but meh. Turtles are awesome too.

Photobucket

This is Azusa's way of saying thank you.

The girls are really sweet though. See people, not all teenagers are self centered jerks who can’t think outside their own existence. Made up anime teenagers can be really giving and loving to their fellow classmates by buying them pet turtles when they can’t expand their own club. XD Seriously though it is nice thought. Not the best idea ever but probably Yui’s best idea. And even though it wasn’t what Azusa wanted she was happy the girls wanted to make her happy. So while the fact still remains that they do need new club members for now they are happy group with a new pet turtle.

Cute fluffy anime is cute and fluffy. Hopefully this cuteness will permeate my soul so I can get through my toughest day at work. Pray for me tomorrow! The end of K-On!! day means the beginning of the Twilight Zone for me.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHAT THE FUCK