Wednesday, April 7, 2010

New Anime Series! K-On!! Season Two Episode 1


Photobucket

Practicing for the new season for K-On!!?

Even though K-On!!! season two episode one was only posted less than 12 hours ago I feel like I am so late to the game blogging about it. Hopefully next wekk I can post an early morning post instead of an afternoon post. But since Wednesdays aren’t so bad at work either way is fine.

But here is my K-On!! post! One of the most anticipated animes of the season from the looks of most forums. Welcome to the moe show!!!

Do you like spoilers? Do you like blog posts with too many screenies? Do you like reading run on sentences? Then this is the post for you! Come on in and bring some discounted Easter candy with you. Hopefully Cadbury eggs. Please the Cadbury eggs!





Photobucket

Yui is such the welcomer!

Episode Summary: The episode starts off with Yui running around an empty school. She happily practices on her guitar as we the other students all walking to school. The rest of the club ventures into the club room to see Yui being a goober. Yui explains that she arrived at school too early because she set her alarm wrong. After the girls get done practicing Yui goes on and on about how excited she is to be a senior and the oldest in the school. Senior girls are all happy to be in the same class together along with Nodoka and with Sawako as their home room teacher. But after the happy times they realize that they need to find new club members fast or Azusa will be all alone next year. Azusa is most determined to find new members but all the girls work hard (in their silly animal suits). They do an assortment of different things to get new members including kidnapping but none of them stick. They then focus on the opening ceremony concert (which isn’t shown) which also fails. Azusa starts to feel a bit upset but after hearing advice from her friends and listening in on Yui’s “We’re fine with just 5 of us speech” Azusa decides that it is okay if it’s just for a while. The end.

So I typed a lot for the summary but really not a lot happened. X_X How do I manage to be so wordy?

For people expecting big things for this new season I think they might be disappointed. For people expecting the same silly antics and slow pace from the last season I think they were satisfied. It’s nice to see that a show what became popular overnight didn’t give into the pressures of being AWESOME. K-On! was K-On!!

I do think the first season shoot itself in the foot in regards to season two. They raced through season one pretty fast what with two summers of fun and two first days of school. Season one focused on the fun aspects of school and side tracked the slice of life/slightly boring details. So now season two is stuck with only one year to deal with. Maybe this time they will slow the pace down and we get to see more low-key moments.

So while some people might have thought this episode was boring it was really just K-On!! If you thought it was slow then the entire first season was slow. They didn’t up the moeness or add in some flashy boob/mecha scenes. This anime is about 5 girls in the Light Music Club and it delivered what it has always delivered.

Photobucket

More Tsumugi please!

Talking about this episode…Tsumugi didn’t get enough air time! I love my little eyebrow freak! Why does it always have to be about Yui? Oh because she is the main character? Carry on.

Photobucket

Much better than the cat ears!

I would have thought that Azusa would have realized sooner the situation she was in. The very fact that she was the only new member one year ago should have been a huge clue like OH CRAP what shall happen next year. But yeah at least everyone knows that Azusa will be alone next year and worked hard to get her some new club members. Sad that it failed in many different ways.

Photobucket

The Light Music Club: WE HAVE COOKIES!

Which method did I enjoy the best? Probably the slight kidnapping deal that Ritsu had going on. I have fallen and I can’t get up!!!! But yes I laughed at the poor girls who fell for this trap. Bring on the funny!

Photobucket

I say no tears but she cried anyway...

I am also glad that the girls get to be in the same class for their last year of school. Had Mio been all alone again it would be Lucky Star the sequel. At least there is an explanation to why all the girls ended up in the same class. None of this magical miracle stuff. Yay for crazy Sawako.

Photobucket

Say it ain't so!!!

It is a little sad that the club got no new members after all the hard work they put in. Especially with the whole room excited during their opening ceremony performance. Happened last year too so why am I surprised. Why do you girls suck?! Also this is an all girl’s school right? Or am I slow?

Photobucket

But we worked so hard....

But at the end of the day I understand why no one showed up. Those 5 girls look really close on stage and it would be intimidating for another person to come in and try to be a part of the group. Especially since this is Japan and there is the whole senior/junior stuff going around. Plus how many people do you need in one band? I can see how it would be hard to have new members come in after two years.

Of course I am not sure how things will be any better if new members join when Azusa is a senior. She will have less time due to college/exam stuffs so basically the new members will be left on their own. That might happen to Azusa this season though….

Photobucket

Yes be more grateful!!

In any event it was fun to see the girls try hard to get new members but it is understandable why they didn’t get any. Yui ties it all together by saying that new members would have been nice but their group of 5 is strong. I know that Azusa is disappointed that she will be alone next year/is still the youngest member but she is happy that the other girls love and care for her. Also cake!!!

Photobucket

That's not Mio right?

The opening and closing songs fit the mood of K-On!!. That being said I much prefer the first season songs. Of course I wouldn’t be blasting any of these songs on my awesome CDs of burntness. But I am sure fans of the series like the new songs and I am full of fail.

I was a bit disappointed that there was no concert in this episode! Maybe it was too soon to break out the new songs but I wanted to see this awesome performance the girls gushed about. I do feel slightly sad about it though.

So that was the second of the MUST SEE ANIMES of Spring 2010. I think it went over pretty well. A bit curious as to who the girl was in the closing song or if that was just Mio all dressed up. XD But things seem to be similar to last season and I liked last season. You either like K-On!! or you don’t. There is really no rhyme or reason to why people are obsessed/love this show but we do. Enjoy. XD




2 comments:

Yumeka said...

I'm enjoying the new K-ON!! season, too.

And your screen cap captions were quite amusing XD

Christina said...

Yumeka- It is the simple slice of life shows that tend to make people really happy. XD It doesn't all have to be about fighting or girls with huge boobies. It can be fun and simple.

I try to take screenies that capture the mood and snark/tease the best of my abilities. I am glad you enjoyed them.