Thursday, April 22, 2010

Countdown to Japan! Japan trip 2011!

For as long as I can remember I wanted to visit somewhere awesome. I have never been THAT in love with the beach and spending time in a cabin lost in the woods doesn’t sound like a good time to me. I am not a fan of doing things like hikes and sports as those seem like code words for work. But lounging pool side reading books sounds like a waste of time. Or at least the most expensive booking reading time ever.

Not that this is going to be a shock or anything but I have been interested in Japan for a long time, even before I started to watch anime. Before I get called a weeaboo yes I am well aware that Japan is not some magical place where nothing bad happens and everything is superior in Japan. I’m not delusional and think that Japan is MOG just like how it is portrayed in animes.

But despite the downfalls that Japan has (which all cultures/places have) it is still a cool place to be. Or visit. And I have been saying for years that I want go, that one day I will go to Japan. Many times when people have big dreams planned people just brush them aside and think it’s just talk. But I am going to Japan. Let the countdown begin!

Photobucket

Too bad we can't travel in this. Might make the 19 hour plane ride go by faster...

T-minus 36X days until Tenchi and her husband are in Japan.


Okay my countdown could be slightly more specific. But due to my husband’s job April of 2011 is about as specific as we are going to get at this point. It was supposed to be March 2011 but again due to my husband’s job that went out the window. I did draw the line when a certain husband suggested that we move the trip to March 2012. I am not postponing a trip to see some flowers that might be dead by the time we get there!

But yes, this is my countdown. Actually saying it out loud makes it seem much more real. Like look at me I have plans and this will be a reality one day! But it is also a little bit scary with the HOLY CRAP are we going to have enough money by then and researching the subway systems is making my head explode thoughts. Real is fun but X_X at the same time.

Photobucket

My husband is thrilled THRILLED I tell you.

It’s fun planning though. There are certain places that we are going to go to no matter what. Puroland is at the top of my list despite the fact it is aimed at 6 year old girls. Don’t care if I am the oldest crazy person there. Akihabara is also a no brainer for our must see list. I think those two places will be a big drain on my spending money. Perhaps I should research post offices so I can transport my lovelies home.

But we are still looking at where to actually stay. I am leaning towards Western style hotels whereas my husband wants to experience a few nights in something more traditional. Either way I am sure spending 3 weeks in or near Tokyo will be expensive. When we are closer to the actual trip date I am sure hotels will be top on our list. For now it is a let’s check here and there to budget enough money kinda thing.

Restaurants is something that we have yet to look into. Mostly because I really don’t care. I am a picky eater in general so I am sure being thrown into an entire culture of new food will be fun to navigate. Basically I think the situation will suck for me. XD So I really have no preference one way or another. I am sure there will be gorgeous places with fabulous food but I will let my husband deal with that. I will follow along and eat my teriyaki chicken and steamed rice for three weeks.

Photobucket

I usually hate going outside but I can make exceptions.

Temples and parks are also on our must list. However planning these activities will depend on where we are in the city and what day of the week it is. Is the weather rainy where a day inside would be better? Is it cool outside so a walk would be nice? Or is it warm outside so lets go to a temple that has shade for us to hide under. So while I have several temples and parks down on my list of must sees I don’t want to set anything in stone so I don’t get my hopes up.

Even though many things are still up in the air (including the actual dates for the trip) we are going to Japan! Money has been set aside and budgeted for the trip. Countless hours have been spent reading about other people’s trips and making mental notes to do that activity too. We are excited about our 2011 trip. XD Hopefully around January of next year I will have more to say about the subject but I am happy just to have a countdown. Life is way more fun when you have something to look forward to!

Also planning this trip helps me deal with work and the whole not killing customers aspect of my job. XD Yay for goals.

No comments: