Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Final Fantasy IV: 19 years later X_X


Photobucket

Someone alert the FABulous train. Two of their passengers got lost!

We interrupted our regularly scheduled Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan blog post for some breaking news: it's boring.

Okay that was a bit harsh. I haven't watched Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan episode 3 yet. But I am assume it is going to be boring because I am evil. But this weeks post is pushed back because I bought a game for my DS that didn't have the word Pokemon in it! That is breaking news people.

Of course one might argue that it is not really breaking news as Final Fantasy IV for the DS was released almost 2 years ago...but it is breaking news for me. YAY FOR NEW GAMES!




I remember like it was yesterday playing Final Fantasy IV for the Super Nintendo. The long hours battling, the latest game graphics, and of course the music. Then when I looked up how long yesterday really was I nearly died. 19 years ago?! X_X Seriously people?! I can remember playing this game so clearly with my little brother....and then I remember I have two little brothers and that yeah it has been that long.

Photobucket

Cutting edge people, cutting edge.


Yes I realize that this Final Fantasy game is as old as dirt and there are games out there now with much better graphics. But I am not a 3-D kinda girl. And I like playing on my DS. SO why haven't I gotten the older Final Fantasy games before? Probably because I am cheap. I can buy stacks of stickers and bundles of plushies and not blink an eye at the price but when it comes to an "expensive" game...yeah it is harder.

But I can't argue with a price tag of $20! Reliving my childhood complete with cut scenes is totally worth the $20!

Photobucket

We shall conquer all!


So yeah. Sorry Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan. You got pushed aside in favor of remembering the good old days of playing Super Nintendo with my little brother. Maybe I will blog about you after I get a few more party members and I am betrayed for the 3rd time. But for now I am having a blast with the new take on this old game. Just goes to show you the staying power Final Fantasy has!

But wish me luck with the whole new battle system. It's not that much different but still. I am old school. XD



No comments: