Friday, April 2, 2010

When will natural selection kick in?!

Another day another blog post about work sucks. I am super predictable.

I almost had hope that Angel Beats would get subbed in time but I was tricked. One site had the subbed episode but it appears someone who is not a native English speaker tried to sub it. Either that or the dialogue really makes no sense and we are all SCREWED! But yeah, going to wait until it is up on my main go to anime site.

Behind the cut lie stories of people so stupid it makes me weep for the human race. And also myself as I have to interact with these people in a professional manner and can’t drop kick them like they deserve. Enjoy.




Please be learning how to drive people!!!! Turn off lanes end my friends. Or potential killers. When I am turning to get back on the main road I don’t expect a car to hit me from the turn lane. The turn lane that ended at the business (Business A) I was just leaving. But you weren’t going to the business I was just leaving. You were going to the business (Business B) down the street. Which had its own turn off lane. You decided with your brilliant planning that you were going to keep on going on the nonexistent turn off lane to Business B. So since you were in Business A’s turn lane I started to turn on the main road and I was nearly hit by you. And your finger that was flicking me off. Yes lady it is my fault that you don’t know how to drive. Sorry for being in your way while you drive illegally down the road. Really what was I thinking?!

Do you people know what PENDING means?! I mean, if you are the type of person who checks their bank statements after each transaction (wtf you just left the store 30 minutes ago crazy!!!) I would think you would know what pending means. But stop calling me and telling me that we overcharged you. Yes I know you didn’t leave a tip. However the way things work at our business (or at their bank/credit card place, haven’t figured it all out yet) is that since we have a tip line there is an automatic hold on the amount we charged plus 10 percent. Apparently it is to make sure that the person has enough money in the event they do leave a tip. But it is only PENDING. It goes through for the amount we charged you, nothing more. Stop screaming at me after I explain this to you. I mean, I understand you were like MMMMMM what is this. But after being told what is going on is there any reason to scream at me over and over again that you didn’t leave a tip?! I know that $1.16 means a lot to you but it will be okay!!!

You walk in and say you have a pick up order for Jason. I look and there is no order for Jason. I ask what you ordered and you don’t know. So I start listing all the names for orders I do have. Mary, Beth, Sasha, Tim, Smith. You keep repeating that your name is Jason. That’s nice but I have no Jason so we need to work together here buddy. Now you are getting mad at me because your wife ordered 20 minutes ago and where is the pizza?! What’s your wife’s name? Beth? OH LOOK HERE! An order for Beth. It is so amazing isn’t it? I mean you know a person name Beth and I have an order for Beth. Really this is rocket science people. Truly it is.

A customer comes in and orders a half something half cheese pizza to eat it. The customer after her comes to pick up their specialty pizza. I give them our card which after a certain number of specialty pizzas are purchased earns them a free specialty pizza. Cue the first woman getting pissed at me.” Where is MY specialty card? Why don’t I get a specialty card? I come here all the time and I never get one.” Even after I explained what I thought was basic logic (the whole you need to actually purchase a specialty pizza deal) I was still sent glares. Thanks for muttering under your breath that only CERTAIN people get specialty cards. I enjoy being accused of racism, really I do. But you were right. Only certain people get specialty cards. The ones who order specialty pizzas.

Please stop carrying the pizza boxes like a brief case. Really I don’t care what you do with our product after you buy it as long as you don’t call later and complain that the toppings are all on one side of the pizza. We can’t guarantee our product after it leaves the store in your less than capable hands. Common sense please.

If you are eating alone please stop eating at our 4 people booths. It’s fine when no one else is in the store but when a big party comes in please move to the 2 people booth. Do you really need all that space with your tiny lunch special anyway?

Did you seriously just ask for the owner’s cell phone number? I mean I know you are pathetic enough to ask for a further discount on our pizzas but really? For one I am not one who likes handing out random discounts for “friends of the owner”. B if you were really friends with the owner wouldn’t you have his cell phone number? And last…no. I am not getting in trouble so you can save a few dollars. Are you stupid?