Monday, April 5, 2010

Catching up with XXXholic! Chapters 199-201!

It feels like forever since I have blogged XXXholic manga chapters. Maybe because I am a bit bummed that there won’t be any new chapters for a while. Or maybe because I am lazy. But one scene in the last chapter got me all fangirly so I have decided it is time to catch up!

That and I am waiting (not) patiently for new anime series to get subbed/come out so I need to do something! XD

There are spoilers and complaints for chapters 199-201 in this post. Not too much on theories and speculations though. Maybe next time. For now let’s see what Watanuki is up to what with being the shop keeper and everyone’s go to boy.





Photobucket

DO NOT WANT!!

Watanuki and Himawari finish up their conversation, with Himawari stating that she understands that she can’t come in the store. Even so she promises to see him on his birthday. They end the phone call by exchanging I love yous and Watanuki hangs up. And then I was angry. Even if I wasn’t a crazy yaoi shipper I would see that Domeki deserves Watanuki more than Himawari! All she does is cause him grief and hurt. Domeki is the one who protects him. And in all these years I doubt Watanuki has given a Domeki an “I love you” so yeah. This whole scene pisses me off to no end. -_- Bet it pisses Domeki off too.

Photobucket

A little appreciation please!

The icing on the cake is when Watanuki demands that Domeki take Himawari her new gloves. I guess Domeki is happy he gets to be around Watanuki while all Himawari can do is call but still. It would get on my everlasting nerves if I had to play earn boy to someone hitting on my man. And what is with Wiki calling Himawari and Watanuki lovers?!?! -_-

Photobucket

This is Domeki being the bigger man.

I guess I was expecting Domeki to be slightly more upset with this situation but he flat out says that Himawari is in love with Watanuki. But he doesn’t say Watanuki is in love with Himawari so maybe that is how Domeki keeps his cool. He explains to the readers during his conversation with Mokona why Himawari can’t come to the shop. Since Himawari is a bad luck she can’t be around the shop. Because not all the lovely items in the treasure room are full of joy and love. Himawari wants to come to the shop more but Watanuki doesn’t want her injured so they agree on the once a year deal. Domeki seems calm about this all and almost talks about the situation like it’s tragic.

Photobucket

Tell me what the egg means NOW!

Just make the decision already Domeki. The more you talk about it the more I want to strangle you. TELL US NOW CLAMP!!!

Photobucket

Is she not allowed to own clothes or something?

After all this serious business Watanuki goes back to visit the beat up girl in the crappy apartment. Watanuki is concerned that the girl is even more beat up than last time. She replies that telling the person (who is beating her up) to stop would be in vain so why bother. Watanuki confesses he is there for the Crimson Pearl and the girl is not surprised. She promised the Spider Lady she would do so which leads me to believe the Spider Lady did her a favor back in the day. Not a very smart move as the Spider Lady is known to eat people’s souls….Chapter199 ends with a MOG moment as there is a scary noise from behind Watanuki and the girl! What could it be??!!?!

Photobucket

Um...if you loved him enough to allow yourself to get beaten why aren't you more upset that he is dead...?

Chapter 200 starts off with explaining what the scary noise was. It was the guy who beats the girl jumping off the roof and going splat. Talk about misleading. I kinda wanted to see what this guy looked like so I could hate him.

Photobucket

Watanuki is good at the surprise face!

Watanuki is a little shocked that someone just DIED outside but the girl explains the situation like she was reading the weather report. Watanuki doesn’t understand why the man would be scared of the girl as he is the one beating on her every day. But girl says that the wounds will heal eventually and that time doesn’t matter to her as she does not age. Cue the shocking music.

Photobucket

Having long hair isn't that marvelous in real life.

She goes on to explain that she has been with the man for 40 years and that at first he was happy with her not aging. But as the seasons changed and he got older and older he got really frustrated with the situation thus the beatings. She tried to endure the situation and allowed herself to be hit if it made him happy. But now there is no reason for her to pretend to be normal and….it is hair time!

Photobucket

I want to cry out valuable stuff too!

After Watanuki is done freaking out he asked the girl what she is. Even though that is a simple question she is unable to answer. She has been alive so long she doesn’t know but she thinks at one point she might have been human. She starts to cry and the Crimson Pearl becomes her tear. She is confused on why this happens every time the person she is with dies. Watanuki explains that it is her sorrow for that person. She hands the Pearl to Watanuki because she senses he is like her, the whole not aging thing. I wish this girl had more emotions so she would be easier to connect with. I want to feel bad for her situation. :(

Photobucket

Begone creepy lady!

Chapter 201 starts off with Watanuki waking up from the dream world. The Spider Lady apparently is a stalker and is outside the door ready to greet Watanuki. She and her creepy eyes need to get off my screen now. At least Watanuki isn’t scared of her. He is holding her own against her! That and he has wards up so she doesn’t eat his soul…but yeah.

Photobucket

I want to see a mermaid. :(

Instead of asking the Spider Lady what the girl was Watanuki already has the answer to that question. His time with Yuuko (I wrestle with what spelling to use on her name all the time) and years running the shop have taught him a great deal. He isn’t always asking questions now. Now he can be the one who gives the answers. Our little Watanuki is all grown up and identifying creepy things. But yeah. The girl ate some mermaid flesh when she was human. Not sure if I feel all that sympathy with her situation now. Also want to know how the Spider Lady got the mermaid flesh and where the mermaids are!

The Spider Lady further elaborates at the girl’s situation. That the girl at first would heal her wounds to not worry the human she was with at the time. But that would just scare away her companion so she promised herself never to heal her wounds. So basically she has been suffering for a very long time. Also why does everyone she chooses beat her? I can understand one or two but all of them? Bunch of freaks.

Photobucket

Domeki! Come save Watanuki!

The Spider Lady goes on to say that the girl probably won’t be able to make anymore Crimson Pearls as she spent so much time with this last human. Spider Lady starts to taunt Watanuki (see cutting Watanuki in the throat) about how one day Watanuki will be able to heal his wounds too and at that time won’t he be more like her? Yeah I would run in fear if someone said I would be more like Spider Lady one day.

Photobucket

Aw he is plenty cute!

Watanuki doesn’t take the Spider Lady’s bait though. I do miss his little spaz fests but that means he is growing up and that makes me happy. XD But he doesn’t care if one day he is more….not human than human as long as he can help the people around him. He mentions (again) that maybe running the shop might not be the best decision but it’s his decision. I’ve only heard that line a million times. He also says that the Spider Lady should go visit the girl. The girl is waiting for someone to keep her company and maybe it would be safer if it wasn’t a guy. I mean human. That does make sense to me but I am not a cruel hearted person like the Spider Lady. If Spider Lady had stayed with the girl from the start she wouldn’t have been able to make Crimson Pearls. But I guess now it’s okay and the right time. But Spider Lady can’t help but get a dig in at Watanuki for being a more mature person. XD

It feels good to get slightly caught up on XXXholics! If none of my new shows are subbed by tomorrow I plan to fully catch up on the current chapters. XD Not that I have to hurry since the series in on hiatus for a million months…or two. Sad Tenchi is sad. I need more Watanuki in my life. But blogging the old chapters will have to suffice for now. See ya soon hopefully.




2 comments:

usagimaiden said...

hmm, kinda makes me wish i had read the ones before it

Anonymous said...

one thing to say MERMAID SWAMP