Thursday, November 15, 2012

Zetsuen no Tempest episode 6

XO Is it possible folks? Have I nearly caught up on my animes? As of this moment I am only one episode behind! And in Tenchi’s terms that means I am right on time! I shall celebrate by…going to bed and not killing any of my co-workers yay! Because jail would put me behind folks. XD Now hopefully I can stay caught up yes? Or I will come home and find everything airs on the same day and I have 4 more episodes to blog. Because I am a glass broken on the floor kinda girl. XD
Photobucket
I think that too...but in a positive way.
But up now Zetsuen no Tempest episode 6. Then bed. Spoilers for this show twisting more than a crazy roller coaster!
Photobucket
When then clearly she is not dead. GOOD JOB!
Episode Summary: Mahiro and Yoshino are like please tell us more about the whole Hakaze being dead thing. Junichirou explains that Samon summoned him back to the compounded and explained he tossed Hakaze in a barrel and shipped her off to a deserted island. Junichirou and his great love for Hakaze is like well technically you didn’t break the logic rules since you didn’t directly kill Hakaze. The body Junichirou identifies is Hakaze’s bones and based on the skull concludes it was Hakaze. He notes that Samon wouldn’t be one to kill Hakaze but accept this as the truth. He hands the boys the shiny case and tells them good luck because Hakaze is dead. The boys leave and hop on a bus so Hakaze can explain who Junichirou really is. Junichirou is the adopted son of the former clan leader. He has no magic ability and was asked by his adopted dad/mom to not get involved with the upcoming conflict. Hakaze notes that he was like her big brother and he must have a good reason to assume this was her body. Suddenly a fruit appears so Hakaze’s train of thought it derailed. Mahiro tells the bus driver to kick it into gear so they can survive the impending doom. Junichirou comes outside to see the chaos and Natsumura is there to take Junichirou back home. Despite not knowing magic Junichirou drop kicks him in five seconds. Junichirou looks up at the sky and wonders if Yoshino and Mahiro know if the world was to end it would probably be Hakaze’s fault.
Photobucket
We are bros okay! I don't need a reason!
The boys continue on in the bus until it breaks down. Then they walk off into the woods so Yoshino can text Aika and Mahiro can pretend like he didn’t know Yoshino was the one dating Aika. Suddenly Evangeline appears and her men knock Mahiro unconscious. Yoshino takes a nice car trip with Evangeline and they talk about how Yoshino is hiding things from Mahiro and why not tell him. Yoshino says this has to be done and he knows he is a traitor face. Yoshino is taken to Evangeline’s boss Takumi. Takumi had a relative that was close with Hakaze’s clan thus Takumi knows about the dangers of this clan. Takumi is head of the anti mage task force and want the information from Yoshino to stop Samon. He clearly wants to kill the mages. Yoshino is given a few tokens/weapons for his cooperation and says that he and Mahiro will go from the opposite direction to help out this plan. Well Mahiro has woken up and assumes Yoshino has been kidnapped. He takes off after Evangeline and her crew. Yoshino throws himself out of a moving vehicle to keep up appearances. Mahiro acts worried over Yoshino then pretends like it was no big deal saving him. Yoshino starts to feel uneasy because the situation looks pretty suspicious to him. Early Yoshino had talked to Evangeline about Mahiro’s brother obsession with Aika. Well surprise they are step brother and sister and right before/after their parents got married Aika approached Mahiro in a sexy manner asking if Mahiro wanted her to be his girl. X____X THE END!
Photobucket
So...the chain is the ultimate talisman right? Right.
So…can anything in this show actually just mean what it is supposed to mean? How about the twist for an episode can be there is no twist. That everyone means what they say and everything is what it seems to be. I mean I was going to say POOR MAHIRO, the truthful person who is way too honest for words. But then it is like NOPE everyone has secrets and nothing is correct. At this point I doubt people are turning into metal. They are probably turning into popsicle sticks. Or water bottles. Or maybe Yoshino and Mahiro are really stone and Hakaze is a tree. That must be it.
Photobucket
Me thinks you will be doing a lot more after all is said and done...
Lets start off with Junichirou and his mind blowing revelation that Hakaze is dead. I was surprised that Hakaze didn’t speak up. Like um hello I am alive my fond old brother figure. Maybe she was keeping herself quiet because deep down…she is watching this show too and doesn’t know who to trust. Even if it is her beloved not related at all brother. Which is sad, as she spoke of him nicely. But she is on an island by herself and no way of knowing what is going on back at home. Maybe it is good to be quiet.
Photobucket
Well clearly you know things!
Plus if Hakaze keeps quiet Junichirou is protected from the truth and won’t be able to spill the beans. Can’t accidentally tell someone something you don’t know. Not that I think that Samon is the baddie but I guess if Junichirou was captured they could torture him whether or not he knew anything or not. I don’t know what to think about Junichirou. I mean…..Yoshino and Mahiro left confused and I did too.
Photobucket
What the hell is this?!
When he said he saw the body I thought he meant…you know body. Not a pile of bones. Typically a body means body and the word remains is used when things are a bit more…gruesome. Like when you can’t tell who it used to be, if there are pieces missing, or if it is a pile of bones. Unless Junichirou is a skullogist I am not sure how he could identify Hakaze in that state. And for real if an animal ate her some of the bones would be missing or broken. Maybe Junichirou just said he knew that was Hakaze because clearly this was a joke. But then Samon must have known that it was a joke. WHY IS EVERYONE LYING? So were the bones were Aika right?
Photobucket
And you are on her side because...the word world is really not the world?!
I am sure there will be more to Junichirou as the series progresses. The previous leader…is this clan based on heritage or who is the strongest? Maybe just the strongest but why would the previous clan leader feel the need to adopt an outsider and then tell him not get involved with the conflicted. Like thanks that was really helpful. Natsumura got his ass handed to him by someone who doesn’t know how to use magic didn’t he hmmmm? HMMMM Junichirou also rounds out his strangeness by saying he is on Hakaze’s side but it is more likely SHE will be the one to destroy the world, not the Tree of Exodus.
Photobucket
So ask him why you dead?
If someone was insisting I was dead I would probably protest a bit more. I be like nope time to investigate these lies. But Hakaze was like I give you permission to go to the place you were already heading. I see indeed. I would comment more on the scary fruit of doom but they are becoming an old hat. You see one scary thing that is called a fruit you’ve seen them all. Samon needs a new trick. They are no longer scared by your secret weapon.
Photobucket
Oh hi this is my boss, my bestie friend! Slumber party!
I thought Evangeline was being a super badass in this episode. Like look at her hunting people down and trying to destroy the world (or save it) by misunderstanding things. NOPE! Turns out that Yoshino in all his spare time has managed to tell Evangeline where they are. Or maybe there is a tracker on Yoshino. Because we all know that he is too busy texting Aika to tell Evangeline anything. So….why this dog and pony show?
Photobucket
Why all this....song and dance?!
No really I am asking. Mahiro isn’t really known for his calm and rational thinking. So I can see keeping the secret from him. But why would Yoshino work with her anyway? I mean we know there is an alliance but why? Does Yoshino think they need more help? That they are clearly over their heads and will need assistance or else their asses will be stomped? I can see why Yoshino would want to think logically, since he lives in the world and all. And it might hurt Mahiro’s manhood and Yoshino’s face if Mahiro knew the truth. So why risk this ALL and meet up with Evangeline in person? Emails are overrated?
Photobucket
Putting away the glasses folks.
It is hard to tell what Mahiro was thinking. I tried to put my yaoi colored glasses aside folks. I really did. He looked panicked to me. Then after the fact he pretended not to care. Like nope wasn’t worried at all. But logically (this show’s favorite word) Mahiro should think something is up. Why wouldn’t Evangeline kill them? Kidnap them both? Despite Mahiro acting a little rough I am sure his feelings do get hurt. While this is a boy friendship full of….specialness Yoshino is probably all Mahiro has so he needs SOMETHING in this world.
Photobucket
Like step brother and sister?
Mahiro was testing Yoshino again about hey did you date my sister? Only this time something super X____X came up. Turns out that the word stepsister and sister mean the same thing in Mahiro’s mind. And from the looks of it they didn’t even know each other for that long. Maybe a few years tops? So much for this mighty brother sister bond.
Photobucket
OH I SEE!!! Aika turns him down, goes out with Yoshino, Mahiro knows, and all this end of the world shit is just a dream and Mahiro is really trying to kill Yoshino. Show's over folks!
Why? Because um…Mahiro and Aika looked close. Maybe this show was trying to troll me but I think we got some Cruel Intentions shit up in this show. You want me to be your woman? In the previews there seems to be a near kiss? Yoshino talking about how it was CLEAR what Mahiro saw in Aika. While it is not incest…. Just…why folks? Why? Why can’t people just be brother and sister when they say they are? WHY?! So instead of my yaoi colored glasses I have two friends who are being teased/kissed by the same girl. I can’t pair that now can I?! So clearly Mahiro knows that Aika was with Yoshino and is super jealous and will kill Yoshino in his sleep. Because it turns out that Yoshino is a sleeper mage and killed Aika so he could hook up with Mahiro.
Photobucket
Ghost? That is probably your stepsister/wannabee girlfriend/actual girlfriend to your best friend.
I think I am going to go to bed before my brain explodes. I didn’t think that Mahiro and Aika were…that close. Why would I folks?! That puts a whole new spin on things. My brain…I thought this was all going to be about the skull and now Aika is running around giving kisses to people. What the hell is going on folks?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to quote Stephen Colbert, "I called it!".

Yes! LMAO! Remember how I commented that this show is almost like Guilty Crown? Well I was mostly correct! Yeah, I know fans of this show/manga are like, "You are wrong!", but I can't help myself in making comparisons. LOL XD. Watching too many animes spoiled me!

Let's go down the list of evil comparisons (again), shall we?

The Black Iron Syndrome Counter Force (Zetseun) is Funeral Parlor (Gai's happy party group).

Metal Disease (Zetseun) is Crystal Disease (thanks for the analogy Eternia!)

World Tree Genesis/Exodus is Crystal Queen Mana! They both want to do something evil to the world.

Boths shows have crazy plot twists, like everybody lies, betrayal, and keeping secrets. Samon isn't the bad guy (yet) and doesn't know his sister is alive. Mahiro knew Yoshino was dating Aika and wants to murder him, probably out of jealousy, like how Gai 2.0 wanted to murder Oh Ma Shoe (in the final battle) for the love of Crystal Queen Mana.

Magical powers are obviously voids.

And the finally the biggest revelation recently: Aika and Mahiro are step-siblings and heavily implied that may have "done it" (you know). This is similar to Guilty Crown of how Oh Ma Mana wants to do it with Oh Ma Shoe. Granted, that Aika and Mahiro aren't full blooded siblings but the analogy is still there.

Now, all we need are robots, a moe hacker, and sexy girls who can't walk (My feelings will never reach shoe!) to complete the package.

Well, that's it for the comparison. Yeah, I know. Fans are going, "You are wrong!". However, it's just my opinion and obviously people will disagree--that's cool.

For the episode itself, I don't have much to comment other than the maligned (to the fans) comparison I just made. I'm still asking questions in my head, but until I get deeper into the plot, I'll write them.

That's my comment of the day.

Anonymous said...

First anonymous here

Forgot to add to the list of comparison (Warning: spoilers for those who haven't seen Guilty Crown yet!):



Spoilers Incoming:



Aika is Inori. Because they are the love interests of the protagonists. And they are currently dead.




Christina said...

Anonymous- Well when you break it down like that.....XD

I think that the plots are similar in the sense things have gotten crazy pretty fast. Like oh this is what is going to happen and when things suddenly turn insane the viewers are left wondering...what the hell is going on?!

Perhaps it is our expectations going into shows that lead us to having these feelings. I would never have thought that Mana was going to be a character like that or the crystal disease was....well self inflicted. Sorta like the world was supposed to be ending in this show yet all I see are flashbacks of dead Aika.

But even with more plot twists I think this show makes more sense in its insanity than Guilty Crown then. Or at least up until this point.