Monday, November 5, 2012

Sword Art Online episode 18

Hell there my lovely readers. In an effort to make my house sparkling clean I thought HEY I should clean my work shoes. Because saving money for fun trips to Orlando means I will put off buying new shoes for now. But...now I can't find my clean shoelaces as Kira must have saw them and run off with them. Oh well guess I can't go to work now. Guess I will just have to stay home and watch more anime.
Photobucket
Spoiler alert: This applies to nothing!
But in case Kira brings back my shoelaces here is my next post before work. Up now is Sword Art Online episode 18. Spoilers for way too much fluff!
Photobucket
Aren't I more important than that person you just met?!
Episode Summary: Suguha explains to the audience why she, the relative of a person trapped in a virtual reality game, would play a different kind of virtual reality game. She wanted to find out more about the game Kirito loved (you know, the game that trapped him on the first day) and picked this game at the promise of flying. Soon she wanted to touch the World Tree, to fly as far as possible. But now Suguha has been captive by this new player. At school Suguha is confronted by Recon in real life. His name is Nagata and he is none too pleased about Suguha hanging out with this new guy from another faction. He gets worried that she is leaving forever and Suguha sorta decks him and walks off. She logs into the game at the same time Kirito does. Lyfa starts to question what kind of private pixie Yui really is but Kirito leads the way to get a new weapon and be all prepared. There is a bit of fun as the two make it to the tower in town as one who flies long distances needs a high start. It is a place where many people gather and they get some weird looks as Kirito is a different race. Lyfa is stopped by members of her party lead by Sigurd. Earlier Lyfa was told that their party was going to fight monsters but then and now Lyfa says she is going off with Kirito. Sigurd enters a state of overreaction, saying that he is pissed Lyfa is leaving their party and they will get a bad reputation. Upset that she is being bossed around Lyfa decides that she does quit the party forever and in fact she is leaving her faction, going rogue. Sigurd gets really upset and Kirito steps up saying that players are not equipment and to back off. Another member of the party tells Sigurd to not to fight in front of all these people as it will look bad since Kirito is a newbie.
Photobucket
At least Kirito realizes that.
Lyfa and Kirito make it to the top where he asks if it is okay what Lyfa just done. She says it is, as she always wanted to leave this place and this was probably the only want to go about it. Yui comments that humans are weird. Surely they are. Kirito and Lyfa take off, with Lyfa going faster once the talk turns to Recon and if Lyfa likes him. There is some bonding over fighting monsters and all. Eventually at one point they have to land as their wings are tired and the area is impassable by flying. Lyfa suggest that they take turns logging off and protecting the other to do bathroom and eating stuff. Lyfa goes first and Suguha is all blushy, thinking about this boy she just met in the game and has a crush on. She takes a shower so we can get some fanservice and makes some food for Kirito. She goes to talk to him and is confused why he doesn’t answer her. She logs back in and Kirito takes his turn to log out. Lyfa tries to take that time to talk to Yui about relationships and why Yui calls Kirito dad. Lyfa only can blush for a second as Kirito logs back in. He notes that he is feeling watched and Lyfa explains that it is possible to use magic to send creatures to spy on people. Kirito decides he was just seeing things and off they go. As they leave some people in red costumes are seen sending a bat after the two. THE END!
Photobucket
I thought that too.
MOG FOLKS! So little happened in this episode. I felt as if I said everything that happened in this episode in the summary. Maybe I should have said only 4 sentences in the summary like Wiki does. XD So quick this episode.
Photobucket
Love? I don't think so.
I still think that Suguha is a moron. Maybe it would have been better if she wanted to better understand Kirito’s love of video games. But to understand why he liked Sword Art Online? Well I guess he was into it during beta testing. Kirito seems like the kind of person who plays lots of games. In any event…no folks. I would not play an online game if my family member or 10,000 people in my country got trapped in a similar game. Like oh I can fly? And maybe die? But fly?! Yeah sign me up. I don’t think Suguha should have sat there for 2 years crying over Kirito jumping into her own game? I am surprised her mom allowed it. Or that this game even became popular.
Photobucket
And then you realize you are in the game similar to the one that trapped your brother and leave?
I suppose this is all possible due to the flying aspect of flying. Maybe since this is about 10 years in the future way too many video games have saturated the market and companies need to think of very excited things to be competitive. Most people think of flying as a pain in the butt thing one must do. But now to fly with your own wings? Interesting. But I am still confused on how this game could have gotten made even with Sugou’s influence. I think the nation should have been scared of all this nonsense and probably not allowed this to hit the market.
Photobucket
Him not being your brother?
So…apparently I was wrong. Super wrong. Suguha is as dumb as a pile of rocks. Or Kirito’s avatar doesn’t look similar to him and this is all for the viewer’s sake. Sorta like how out of uniform the sailor scouts look different. Because to me Kirito looks like Kirito in the game as in real life. I thought Suguha having her moment when Kirito was walking out was her recognizing him. And when she woke up in her room I thought it was her blushing at the fact she was playing a game with her brother/cousin. But no folks. She apparently fell in love with a person she just met. Which is kinda sad. Maybe she realizes that this “love” won’t last for several reasons and has pushed herself into a new and fun relationship. TADA you still picked the same person. I think I would be more upset for her if the whole thing wasn’t so ridiculous. One day folks.
Photobucket
Gotta make sure I'm top villain!
Checking into Asuna gets molested land….well Asuna is still sitting there and not liking Sugou. I am not sure what Sugou thinks is going to change. I kidnapped you and placed you in a cage. Because being trapped in a video game for 2 years wasn’t enough, I think I totally need to crush your spirits. I mean….you didn’t like me in real life and now that I am threatening to molest you in game and marry you in real life you should jump on me? When that approach didn’t work Sugou decides to tell Asuna that he was running around crushing Kirito’s dreams. While Asuna is happy Kirito is alive (why was she asking him to save her if she didn’t think he was alive?!) I don’t think she is too happy that his little feelings have been crushed.
Photobucket
Clearly you hate us all and you should die!!!
The entire conflict between Lyfa and her party members was way over the top. Maybe I believe that Recon was upset because he has real feelings for Suguha. I would not like it if I was pushed aside for some new, other race guy after a few hours. But Lyfa says no to two party runs and suddenly she is a quitter and is making them look bad? Did I miss the part where you are always supposed to be with your party and you can never make other friends ever? Because that shit was seriously way dramatic. I am pretty sure the only one giving your party a bad name is you Sigurd with your threats and crazy talk because one member wants to do their own thing for a few days. Because we all know Kirito is going to beat this game in a week to save Asuna.
Photobucket
That was slightly overkill.
Lyfa got caught up in the craziness too. Sigurd did provoke her though so it is hard to say WOW you is crazy girl. Lyfa should have stayed calm and said she was doing her own thing for a few days. Or just quit that particular party. Not quit the whole factions. Which is weird to me. If this game is race based how can Lyfa really go off on her own? I know the point of the game will probably be to work together with other races but playing alone won’t yield results either. Poor Lyfa. Got caught up in the crazy.
Photobucket
Hey lets go steady!
Kirito and Lyfa are bonding pretty fast. They have known each other for less than 24 hours and already Lyfa/Suguha is in love with this boy. Of course Kirito is amazing at the game as well. Look at me being a valuable party member and doing the best at everything. Everything is fun yay! What is a private Pixie again?
Photobucket
He isn't answering you because he is in the game!
The log out times while in the game I thought were special. Why risk being caught off guard by other people? Just really log out. Unless the game doesn’t save your position. But these log out times were all about Lyfa/Suguha. Again I really thought she knew Kirito was in the game. It was nice though that she took the time to make food for Kirito. I could have done without the bathroom scene. Like oh look naked girl, must buy the Blu-Rays now. Maybe I am just jealous that she was able to do all of that in 20 minutes where I would have taken 20 minutes just to take a shower. The conversation with Yui and Lyfa was quick. Yui was supposed to monitor humans and their emotions in the game yet she doesn’t know much about them does she? XD
Photobucket
Nope, nothing is following us. Lets go!!!
The episode ends with Lyfa and Kirito continuing on in the game. Kirito thinks that something or someone was watching them. After Lyfa confirms it is possible to spy on people in the game…Kirito decides he was seeing things and they part to the bottom of the Tree. Um yeah that was special Kirito. I seem to have written a lot despite that episode going by fast? X___X I am way too wordy.

No comments: