Sunday, November 4, 2012

Shin Sekai Yori episode 5

Hello there my lovely readers! I have made a to do list and trying to get as many things done as possible. There are not enough hours in the day, even with the time change. XD I love this time of year, it feels like I get an extra hour. Maybe I can be on time for once to work? XD
Photobucket
Saki spends most of this episode being saved/flatten against the ground.
So...up first on my to do list...is the worst anime episode ever on the face of the planet. Of course I am talking about Shin Sekai Yori episode 5. Spoilers for Tenchi nearly losing her mind.
Photobucket
Um...we have our own problems here. We have no time to help you.
Episode Summary: Everyone realizes the circus has not come to town and Balloon Dog is here to make friends. It blows up all over the place, killing the priest and itself. As it rains goo all over the place Maria and Shun protect Saki because she is too special to protect herself. Satoru seems to almost dance in the goo and play in bones that look like ninja stars. Mamoru decides to shake things up and act differently by collapsing on that ground and crying more. The group notices that more QueerRats have arrived. There is some disagreement on if they should stand their ground like one would do with a bear or if to run. Well running takes place and Saki gets super lost from the group. Satoru ends up saving Saki after she splats on the ground. They manage to dodge the QueerRats for a while but are eventually kidnapped. Satoru decides that making the situation worse is a good idea where Saki tries to remain calm. They are put in a nest and 5 seconds into their captiveness Satoru decides that the Fail Eevee was right and monkey sex sounds good to him. Saki is like yes that is the only thing that Fail Eevee said that I remember and almost gives Satoru a 5 second blow job because they are 12. Then Saki remembers they are human and not monkeys and they escape by blowing up a QueerRat with an egg. As they escape they hear a voice saying to follow him. They follow him into a rather large hole/nest and TADA he is a talking QueerRat. He praises them as wonderful gods. They are given an audience with a worm looking Queen and things nearly end badly for Mr. QueerRat. Saki saves the QueerRat and he is so thankful….he asks for a favor. This favor being help them get rid of the wild QueerRats. Apparently they have been attacking and reinforcements won’t come in time. The kids say they are not allowed to kill QueerRats without permission but Mr. QueerRat begs them for help. That night the wild QueerRats attack and the kids try to use that time to escape. Only Satoru is shocked that the starry sky he thinks he sees in the ceiling is…well probably something gross. Saki decides it would be the best time to find herself in more danger. THE END!

What the hell? What the hell is…just what the hell folks. I thought a recent episode of Sword Art Online was what the hell but clearly I was wrong.
Photobucket
Well....I guess those tears are gone now folks.
Now…I have realized that I might have been a LITTLE harsh in regards to 12 year olds finding out that people actually kill one another and people with powers nearly destroyed the planet. So maybe their over dramatic reactions last week were normal given the circumstances. Maybe.
Photobucket
Um what about the dead person over there?
But this week….a person EXPLODED in front of them and they are more concerned about the balloon dog. Like seriously folks. They were upset that their powers were “sealed” but didn’t seem upset at the priest per say. Like they understood they broke some major rules and he was just being an adult doing his job. So….no tears over his death? Not one? I think Mamoru was more crying over the fact that an animal evolved just to blow up but not for the priest. Satoru was playing with balloon dog bits, Saki was being pulled away both Maria and Shun, and Mamoru was….crying again. For the dog. Or for simply witnessing it all.
Photobucket
The 1970's called. They want their animation back.
But why all the what the hells? Um…because I don’t think I have ever seen such poor animation in my life. And I don’t think I am exaggerating on that one. I felt as if this episode was drawn in one day and no one bothered to check to make sure the scenes transitioned right or that people weren’t…well looking Derpy. Except the entire episode was Derpy. THE ENTIRE FUCKING EPISODE! I almost stopped watching it the art was so, so bad. Weird smirks when clearly the kids were all in danger, faces that were missing..features, and overall just a hot mess.
Photobucket
I can't run anymore TEE HEE HEE!
I am not even kidding folks. I could fill an entire post of screenies from this show. I would be saying this all even if I was enjoying the show too! If it was my favorite show of the season. I think the decline in art is obvious. You can have the most enjoyable show in the world and if it doesn’t look like you put any effort in the presentation why should I bother. I doubt all the crazy faces were intentional. I mean the kids are probably crazy at this point but that is not what these lazy scenes were for. It really ruined the mood as every other scene was set to DERP.
Photobucket
Oh maybe that is why some people kept watching.....
So after all of that…I guess I still kept watching. Because I hate myself. The QueerRats or whatever the hell they are aren’t very happy that some of their people were destroyed by the now blown up priest. Despite the fact that Saki tried to say they shouldn’t be fighting at all….the QueerRats didn’t get the memo that they were supposed to recognize the kids were innocent in all of this hot mess. Gosh don’t they know the kids only hate Eevee Fails?
Photobucket
Lets follow this one because it can talk ya'll!
In the running away attempt Saki and Satoru were split up from the rest of the group. Without their powers these kids probably didn’t know what to do. Oh and they are 12. So I thought they were doing a great job (a bit dramatically) staying alive. Not sure why the QueerRats didn’t kill them because I would have if I were them.
Photobucket
Remember that guy named Shun?
So folks…despite the fact my anime blogging has come to a stand still I have been….well dabbing in things. Mainly I wanted to know about that little love chart I saw online. OH BOY FOLKS! Finding out how complicated this love chart is almost made me not want to watch the show at all. Just….I don’t want to spoil anything for anyone but it all seemed super unnecessary. Like look at us doing so many shocking things can you believe it? Like yes we understand that human relationships are complicated and not everyone can be as amazing as Rapunzel and Tenchi and find their one true love off the bat. That sometimes people can do things and it isn’t romantic or filled with love. I get that. I just…it leaves a bad taste in my mouth if these things are to come, especially since there is a more logical pairing. That is all I am saying without spoilers that may never come true.
Photobucket
Time for sexy moments!
That all being said….people get kidnapped by QueerRats, priests get blown up in front of their faces, powers get taken away, and a terrible past is revealed. TIME FOR SEX?! WHY?!?!?!??! Because the Fail Eevee told you that you were bred to act like monkeys and have sex to relieve tension? A self fulfilling prophecy indeed. Would Satoru have ever thought of doing that with Saki had the Fail Eevee kept its mouth shut about that aspect of their lives? Would Saki just go oh yes handjobs for all because I was told we were supposed to do this? Yeah I doubt it folks. I mean I am not sure how they created this society anyway. If everything was supposed to be stress free and removed from hindrance (IE not worthy kids) why would anyone need to relieve tension this way? At first I was happy when Saki was like NO we are not monkeys. Like yes this part is not going to be explored at all. People in danger will act in danger and not having naked orgies all over the place. But if adult Saki is still blaming Maria….this might just be Saki clinging to hope things can be normal and the orgies will take place later.
Photobucket
This really makes no sense if the kids have been doing things all along. Unless this is temporary set back and Saki was just upset at being compared to a monkey. Or my brain as melted because this show doesn't know which direction to go in.
Oh okay so after typing all of this I decided to read comments from the internets and apparently I am completely wrong. The kids have been having sex/intimate moments the entire time and NOW that they realize what they are doing that might be why Saki stopped. Because before it was just something they did? POKING MY EYES OUT! Blah blah morals from a different time frame, all humans have sexuality at every stage of life, carefree and pure emotions not tainted by thoughts of it being wrong. ME AND MY 2012 BRAIN CANNOT HANDLE IT! That all being said…I realize that it would have made more sense for Saki and Satoru to do the sex act. That the Fail Eevee was just explaining why they do what they do IE the sex with each other. Instead it now feels like this is the first time Saki and Satoru have done anything with anyone which makes it look like a self fulfilling prophecy. So as much as I am puking my guts out I realize it would have made more sense to do things that way….gross. Maybe more flashbacks of the kids having these moments with each other would clear things up because as of right now only anime watchers would not understand that. Spoiler alert?
Photobucket
Um why are you TALKING?!
So after escaping those QueerRats….Saki and Satoru follow a talking QueerRat into its home. Because hey folks! This one talks even though we were told they couldn’t. That means it must be trustworthy right?!??!?! What the hell?! See I hope they got hit by the blast and this is just the crazy taking over their brains. This QueerRat did seem nicer than the ones spying on their almost love scene but maybe that is because we can UNDERSTAND this one.
Photobucket
Um...no. We shall not be helping you. Sorry. Need bleach now.
After seeing the Queen I might have killed myself. Like no more reason to live folks. Time to leave. Either way it is time to leave. Especially since said Queen almost ate her own subject over a minor offense. Sure they are calling you gods and making you feel special. Guess these kids didn’t see Pirates of the Caribbean Part two! I choose to believe that Saki and Satoru were not going to help the QueerRats at all and really didn’t care about colony verses wild tribe. They were just waiting for a time to escape.
Photobucket
MOG if they are in a vagina I might really poke my eyes out.
Towards the end of the episode Saki and Satoru try to take advantage of the wild tribe invading but apparently that doesn’t end too well. Satoru was trying to cut open the ceiling but when ceilings start to bleed goo that is a bad. I hope they are not actually in the Queen’s body. This is probably the first time in the episode they really looked worried. So clearly…time for more Derpy faces and to wait for episode 6 right?...Bleh indeed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, they are not in the Queen's body.

Anonymous said...

LOL at the comment above. Maybe they are in some other body. I haven't been watching this series yet but your post is hilarious. This sounds awful. Also it sounds like The Time Machine meets Brave New World but with no time traveler and no John the savage, just creepy utopian future commune kids eating melons and having sex. And fighting mole rats.

Anonymous said...

From your screenshots of the show's animation, I was shocked. This is 2012, the producers should have put considerable work into the animation and visuals. Despite how much Guilty Crown has a flawed story, at least the animation & visuals were superior. Even My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (not a bad show--very amusing!) trumps this show's animation. Also, the characters in MLP in were likeable.

It was obvious that the animators were given around $100,000 or less to make an episode compared to western animators who were given around $300,000--it's true. In the Japanese animation industry, animators are almost poorly paid. I've read some articles on the internet about stories of how some animators were paid low salaries, working in poor condition, and were overworked like slaves. Also, some voice actors that are talented but not famous aren't paid that much as well. Those voice actors would find secondary jobs like working in McDonalds or those "mature" shows (I don't need to explain what "mature" is).

Here's an online article about the difficulty of being a voice actor in Japan:

http://jdjapan.wordpress.com/2012/04/29/the-truth-about-seiyuu/

Like Sword Arts Online, I lost all interests in this show.

So, Christina, will you be dropping this show or watching it to the end? You stuck it out with Black Rock Shooter, but that show only had 8 episodes; Shin Sekai Yori has 24ish.

Anonymous said...

Third anonymous here again.

Here's an online article of how animators are struggling in the anime industry. It's pretty old, but you should get the idea of how hard it is being an animator in Japan.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703819904574551834260925714.html

Christina said...

MOG I know I commented on this post because I was so outraged about it and wanted to share my feelings. Or maybe I did it all in my head....

Anonymous- I seriously was going to drop this show if they were in the Queen's ass or vagina. I was like oh no...can't take that on top of the hippie love everyone even kids crap.

Anonymous 2- You make a good point that Anonymous 1 said not the Queen's body.....hopefully not the King too?

I think the most awful thing about this show is all I read is BEST SHOW EVER, AWARD WINNING, and EPIC. I mean hopefully people are saying this for other reasons and not because they think kid on kid sex is so enlightened.

Anonymous 3- I have read that this episode was "directed" by some head dude in charge and he actually wanted it to look like this. A hot mess that doesn't mesh with the rest of the episodes. Good job producers.

I find it upsetting that animators are paid so little given how much the DVDS and BluRays are over in Japan. It is so ridiculous. And then all the merchandising and what not that comes later....I know I love anime and mangas but I wish the people who did most of the work, the artists and voice actors, got a better cut. But I guess that is how it is everywhere. I never see my boss and he brings in the bucks while I am running the store with high school boys.

That all being said...if I was told to make an episode look this horrible I might have quit on the spot! No excuse there!

24 episodes? DEAR LORD! :( Dropping shows make such good sense so why can't I do it?!