Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Shin Sekai Yori episode 6

Hello there my lovely readers! Like my Vote for Hello Kitty post? I am not sure if I was kidding or not. Maybe something silly to lighten the mood. Which has been damped by news reporters saying that we will either know who the President will be by tonight…or maybe in weeks. Weeks?! I want this to be over with now. So everyone can have their day of complaining and then decide to suck up whatever decision is made and work together for a positive future. I can dream right?
Photobucket
For a society trying to make docile kids....they are failing pretty hard.
So since I am in a maybe blah mood….is it time for ice cream? Oh no. It is time for the hot mess Shin Sekai Yori episode 6? Well at least the art didn’t suck this episode. Spoilers for Saki being the most amazing person ever. Oh also spoilers for typing this all up yesterday and not posting it until today weeee!
Photobucket
This will surely come in handy later in life!
Episode Summary: Saki starts to fall into a hole but Satoru grabs her so they can fall together. They look around and decide they are trapped. Satoru finds a spear but is unable to break out, saying that things are way too thick. They sit down and tell each other they don’t think they could have made it this far without the other. Saki closes her eyes and wishes to see Shun. Things get rather crazy in her brain as a happy Shun turns into several Fail Eevees walking around being crazy. This causes Saki to remember more of their coming to age ceremony. Saki also remembers a time where she and Satoru tried to break the rules and share their new mantra with each other. They do so in a way that neither really sees the word. Later Saki manages to find out Satoru’s word because he is dumb. Saki wakes up from her crazy moment and starts repeating Satoru’s ceremony to him. Satoru starts to get hypnotized meaning Saki’s words are working. She whispers Satoru his mantra and POOF he is able to use the Force again. Satoru is like I got this and quickly breaks them out. GO SATORU!
Photobucket
Or...or...get this...you could just live to fight another day and run.
Saki wants to run away but Satoru is like um no if we run we will be killed. Satoru thinks that hunting them down and killing them will help them reach the boats safely. So off they go with Satoru leading the way and killing the wild QueerRats in increasing violent ways. Saki starts to get concerned as Satoru is usually such a nice guy and would never ever agree to hurt a Fail Eevee. Still they march on until they stumble up their talking QueerRat friend Squera. What the hell is that name?! Anyway he explains that most of their good tribe was destroyed but the Queen is okay folks. Squera asks them again to help fight the wild QueerRats. Saki is still under the delusional impression that they can get to the boats and sail off into the sunset. Satoru seems to want to kill things and Squera says he will take them the super secret safe way back to their boats. Only every single step of way they are attacked and nearly killed. Saki questions what the hell is going on with the show…I mean getaway as Satoru has to use the force nearly nonstop. He gets beyond tired but insists he is okay. Saki worries that the good QueerRat group is starting to wonder why she isn’t using the Force but no one questions this. After being attacked by morphing QueerRats and setting things on fire the group finally finds a path that lets them not get stoned for 5 steps. Said path leads them to a clearing full of wild and pissed off QueerRats. THE END!
Photobucket
I ask that every time I watch this show now...
So…can I build a time machine? Can I go back about 8 weeks and decide NOT to watch this show? Maybe ignore all the people on the internets saying this was going to be the show of the season? Because really folks based on some of the previews I had put this show in the maybe/probably not box but I saw so many people saying MOG show of the year and then that tiny clip of people getting blown into tiny blood pieces. Clearly I am incapable of dropping animes so a time machine is my only solution.
Photobucket
So happy to see DIRT!
Although if the kids HAD been in a vagina it would have been game over folks. Game over man game over. We never found out what Satoru was stabbing did we. I thought Saki feel in a uterus and my life was over. That I would have to stab my eyes out and cut out my tongue as to not share the horrors with anyone else. But since the enemy QueerRats were able to change shape maybe they were the wall? I don’t know. Who needs explanations folks. Also who needs to reanimate the opening scene when you can use the one from episode 5 that has the worst art ever, then pretend the rest of the episode was back to normal? LAZY!
Photobucket
Just oh so casual.
Things were looking grim for Saki and Satoru. I think I would have appreciated a breakdown from one of the kids. They talked to the Fail Eevee, got their powers sealed away, watched a priest get blown to pieces, get separated from their friends, attacked more by QueerRats, saved by other QueerRats that have the scariest Queen ever, and fell into a not vagina hole. I think it is high time for a mental breakdown.
Photobucket
What the hell.......
ENTER THE 60’S! Like seriously what the hell folks? Did Saki breathe in too much of that gas? Did she pass out for a minute? Because she thinks she sees Shun and suddenly she is taking a ride on Pooh’s Honey Hunt. BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE! Are Fail Eevees going to pop up in every episode now? Please no please. I understand that the brief conversation of many words the kids had with the Fail Eevee was important but I don’t want to be scarred for life. But I think I already am.
Photobucket
I rather not be here at all but that is just me.
Before the drug induced crazy moments Saki and Satoru took a moment to think about their lost friends. Whom I hope aren’t siding with the wild QueerRats. That would be hilarious right? Maybe there is another Squera on that side, one that can speak their language. But yes Saki and Satoru made sure to take time to think about their friends. Then they stopped and basically thanked the other for being there. It seems obvious that Saki has been the protected one so far. But perhaps Satoru has been able to step up to the plate because he has someone to protect. Like without you I wouldn’t have fought so hard because it would have been just me.
Photobucket
POOF! Now you have your powers back!
So after all the insanity of the Eevee dream…Saki understands everything that has ever happened ever. Or at least that they never lost their powers and the coming to age ceremony was just smoke and mirrors. Their powers are the same, just given a different name. A way of showing the kids who is boss and things can be taken away. Saki just figured it all out and was able to unlock Satoru’s mind to allow him to use his powers again. Good thing that Saki and Satoru broke the rules with each other and not other people. Why doesn’t Saki explain the situation to Satoru so he can do the same process to her? I know time is precious but two people using powers is better than one yes?
Photobucket
The same thing that is wrong with you?
In any event Saki and Satoru escape the not vagina area and are trying to make their way to the canoes. Only Satoru wants to kill all the wild QueerRats they come across. I guess that does make sense. Being stalked along the way would be dangerous. Only I think Satoru was enjoying the killing process way too much. Like look at the fun and interesting ways I can kill the enemy with. Just get the job done and stop smiling. Although I do love Saki and how she said this wasn’t like Satoru. Um….I am pretty sure you and Satoru were all about hurting the FailEevee. What is wrong with you Saki?
Photobucket
Look how pathetic I am! Please help us!
Saki and Satoru come across Squera and what is left of the “good” QueerRats. They still want their gods help. I am not sure if I would have helped at this point. I might have just said no and run away. Not that Saki and Satoru did a great job of protecting them. XD So maybe they were just using them. Good job Squera. That path was totally safe.
Photobucket
I would be pissed too!
I just wanted more of a sense of urgency from Saki and Satoru. Sure rocks are being thrown at them and that is not the same as bullets. But I would think at this point they would be breaking down and losing their minds. Saki was only getting upset because Satoru was getting tired. Not because all of this was way too much to take. The nonstop attacks were getting a bit much though. How many of these wild QueerRats are there?
Photobucket
Um....lets run the other way?
OH! I see folks. Well….yeah…that is a lot. And is QueerRats just a blanket term for all the monsters? I know they can change shape (not sure WHY) but do the other creatures have names? Maybe we will slowly find this out. Maybe we will also find out why Squera can talk and no one else can communicate with the kids. That is if I keep on watching this hot mess. I know that the synopsis said the kids would find themselves in the middle of a war but I assumed that meant between the “humans” and “monsters”. Not monster on monster violence. Add in all the other hot mess situations about this show and this is really the anime of the season? Maybe I am the lame one….

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Saki's hallucination is due to the poison gas.

I think you are right about their powers, which are not gone but just "sealed" or the children was hypnosis to forget their own mantra words by the priest, who assumed they followed the rule: never told anyone your mantras words.

However, Saki and Satoru did not. Because Satoru showed his mantra to Saki briefly she was able to use it to restore his powers.. he can’t do the same to her because:

Quotes from HunterWulf:
1.she can’t remember her own mantra (the monk wiped it away in ep4 when he fully sealed their powers)
2.Satoru didn’t see Saki’s mantra when she tried to persuade him to change mantras in the flash-back, only she saw his mantra (and it didn’t get wiped from her memory because it isn’t her mantra).

And if possible, the children may “fool their minds” in later episodes, even if they have to make up mantra words for each other
Ah Satoru, you are an ideal theme of absolute power corrupting an individual. It is admittedly a bit worrying to see a kid have this much fun killing hundreds of sentient creatures, like the boys who went on a killing rampage in Japan in ep 1’s teaser. Also I think Sator weakened may due to the death feedback, not just the “using-Cantus-too-much”.

Christina said...

Anonymous- I hope that was the poison talking because there way too many Fail Eevees for me.

I was kinda hoping that Satoru did the same thing to Saki, copied her mantra in some sneaky way. But then I realized way later that Satoru would have to sneaky for that to work. He is more like....jam the square peg into the round hole until it works or breaks! So yeah...Saki isn't getting her powers back unless someone else was sneaky too.

I think both Saki and Satoru are pretty deranged due to how joyful they were at Fail Eevee's pain. Satoru just took it to a whole new level this episode. Which made me roll my eyes at Saki. Like oh now you are upset? Please.

Unknown said...

This guy writes the worst blogs. Every thing he says comes from his biased thinking, just sit back relax and enjoy the show. But if you can't do it just drop it