Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Yuri Yuri episode 12 Final Episode!

As promised by the powers that be today was interesting. And special. The rest of the week better be normal and boring. Or fun. I guess we always want fun right? I am just trying to be realistic as the rest of the week involves work so you know. YOU KNOW.

In other news I think I watch way too many reality shows. X__X I don’t know what to do. They are addictive. And let’s face it. Real shows require work. You need to remember the tiny details, they don’t show 28984 reruns, and for the most part you have to wait a long time in between series. In other words I might be lazy and addicted to seeing normal people acting like fools on TV. :( Poor regular shows. All those rich people making tons of money not being watched. I cry for them.

Photobucket

And then everyone was more important than Akari. THE END!

The Summer Season is slowly wrapping up. We must bid goodbye to Yuri Yuri as they all disappear like Akari in our minds and our computers. Spoilers for slumber parties!!!!



Photobucket

How the heck did they get on the moon?

Episode Summary: After Akari does not introduce the episode we see a clip from Mirakurun. I assume the movie. Ayano walks by and wonders why the amusement club is watching a movie after school. Kyoko explains they are having a slumber party and everyone who has ever talked on the show is invited. Nana the random teacher of explosions is watching over the disaster. Ayano agrees to get permission but she is really like WOOHOO and goes to round people up. Kyoko takes this time to hand out animal pajamas to her important friends. But she is a tomato for some reason. After some crazy talk and stomping the suits are set aside. When everyone else shows up Kyoko announces it is competition time. There are different games that must be won or people will be expelled from school. In a board game challenge Akari is the surprising winner. In the Mirakurun competition Himawari is the winner which deeply confuses Chinatsu. There is a gesture contest and Yui totally ruins it while the twins are being….special and win. The final contest has the teacher hooking Ayano and Rise up to a machine to see who explodes better. In the end there is no winner.

Photobucket

Can't I be the winner?!?!

The girls then take turns in the bath. And by bath I mean giant metal tubes outside. Akari proceeds to roll her tube down the hill into a river and Chinatsu forgets to tell everyone else she might have died. This forces Kyoko and Ayano to have a bath together which almost kills Ayano and Chitose. Back inside everyone has dinner and it is lovely. Chinatsu remembers that Akari might have died and goes to look for her. Kyoko accidentally gives Chitose some chocolate and she turns into a kissing machine. Chizuru explains why this happens and now everyone hates grandma. Chitose runs around the room kissing everyone she can. Different reactions everywhere folks. Ayano finally ends it when she kisses Kyoko which cause Chitose to explode with blood loss. The girls all spend the night in the Tea Ceremony Club House. In the morning the girls are all brushing their teeth when Akari isn’t blown up with a bomb. They all bid farewell to her in their own special ways. THE END!

So….this last episode was on crack yes? So much crack. Very expensive to produce.

Photobucket

These outfits only work on tiny teenage girls. And sadly I mainly see tall adult men in them. My eyes :(

Kigurumi pajamas. I thought these were just crazy items that people only wore at anime conventions. And the random things that pop up in Facebook ads. Every day. Despite me only looking it up NOW to make sure I spelled it right. Now all day long it will be kigurumi pajamas. Sadness.

But yes folks. Kigurumi pajamas. Not for everyone though. Just the main girls. Congrads Akari. You got a set! You might be the club’s lapdog but you are in there. You have arrived. I found this moment cute although I wished we could have seen Kyoko being an ace at the crane machines. And not being a tomato.

Photobucket

I guess things don't have to make sense if you are a tomato.

I am confused on why the girls spent the night at school. I mean…are kids in Japan allowed to do that? We have seen that sorta of thing when it is festival time but not for a random non club related thingy thing. Because everything that happens in anime is real. Real folks. Just like Gossip Girl and….err…drawing a blank here…well insert School of Kids Dressed like Skanks. Those shows are a true representation of American schools so all animes are a true representation of Japanese schools.

But I guess it doesn’t matter why Kyoko decided to have a random sleepover. The show was ending so they all had to get together and do something amusing. And since Kyoko is the one who usually brings everyone together with her crazy ideas we should just roll with it. No questions asked.

Photobucket

Sorry. You lose Himawari.

The random games were….special and random. Which one was my favorite? I think it was the cosplaying Mirakurun verses Rivarun. I really didn’t know how similar Himawari was to Rivarun. But that being said I thought Chinatsu did a better job. Even if she was being a faker. Himawari was just a nervous wreck. You might be a crazy girl but you did a good job today.

Photobucket

Whoever blew up the best won? No idea what is going on here folks.

I guess the stupidest game was the experiment game. No one really had a chance of winning. And I really feel nothing for Teacher Nana and President Rise. You got 10 minutes in one episode and I care about you because? I rather the show just focus on the 8 girls. 8 is enough for one show. We barely got to see Himawari and Sakurako as it is. So sorry. Blowing things up does not make for interesting television.

Photobucket

Peace out crazy girl? Maybe we will miss you.

Akari is so hated that she rolls down a hill and nearly dies yet people don’t notice she is missing until dinner is over. That means they didn’t even set a place for her. Poor sad Akari. This also means that Chinatsu sucks as a friend and that the school has set themselves up for a lawsuit. I often build schools near cliffs and rushing rivers.

That being said…I am not seeing the appeal in being human soup. Add a few carrots and some salt and we would have several varieties of tasty junior high girl soup. They were also in dirty tin cans outside being naked with each other. I guess the being naked part doesn’t matter but everything else was X___X. It was weird folks. Especially when we got the Kyoko/Ayano special.

The girls had a ton to eat for dinner but only one box of chocolate? I would have skipped the outfits since not everyone got a set of pajamas and focused more on the noms. Maybe she ran out of pocket change and only won one box of chocolates at the crane machines. Of course I am remembering how expensive treats are in Japan so maybe that is all she could afford for real. Those tiny little ice cream cups Kyoko loves are about 230 yen each. And they are TINY. So a box of chocolates like that…probably 2000 yen and that is for the cheap crap.

But still. More chocolates. Or everyone gets a pajama set. Because I want it all.

Photobucket

Everyone deserves a little chocolate in their lives! Even the crazy people.

Chitose and her epic meltdown was….special. I mean I guess she had to go out with a bang and surpass Chinatsu in the creepy department. Not that it is possible. Chinatsu is creepy in a weird way. Chitose and her random kisses are pretty mild compared to Chinatsu’s dark mind.

Photobucket

What about MY hopes and dreams?! XO

But I guess the writers realized that there was not enough yuri in this show and had to increase the lesbian content by 100 percent. Only the kisses came across as crazy and not sexy. Unless someone besides Chitose thought this was sexy. Then I fear for them. Fear for them.

I do think Kyoko’s reaction to the situation was funny. I will stop her with my passionate kiss. XD That did absolutely nothing.

Photobucket

All of her innocence...broken on the ground.

But I am having a hard time picking whose reaction was the funniest. There was Akari laying on the ground obviously on death’s door. It was reminisces of Chinatsu kissing her (which…nothing came from that). All vacant and destroyed. But Chinatsu witnessing her beloved Yui being kissed by someone other than herself was pretty awesome too.

But I was expecting more from Ayano. The only thing that could save Chitose at that point was lip on lip contact. I accidentally have kissed people more passionately than that before. XD Kyoko was like hmm what? I didn’t feel that.

Photobucket

I love this scene. No idea why but it cracks me up. End it here!

I wish the series ended with Himawari and Sakurako returning to a blood soaked room. We get it. Akari is not amazing. But I think ending on a WTF note would have been more entertaining than the oh haha no one cares about Akari. Plus I thought it was hilarious.

Photobucket

Goodbye you silly girls. Wish I had this much fun in junior high.

Overall this series was just….a nice way to waste some time. Nothing of great value was added to the anime universe with this series. But it wasn’t so horrible I hate myself for watching it. It was just….okay. Life will gone without Yuri Yuri. There were some funny moments but if someone was watching for the yuri factor I am sure they walked away disappointed.

But I liked Kyoko. She did enough to make the show interesting so I am walking away….okay. Okay is the word for the day.