Sunday, September 25, 2011

Still praying for a soldier in Iraq

Really that should say praying for ALL the soldiers overseas. Praying they come safely, SOON, and without long lasting scars from the "war". War does horrible things to people on both sides of the conflict. All I can hope for is a future where people aren't blowing each other up over plots of land, different religious beliefs, and long going feuds that have both sides looking like fools.

But in particular I am praying for one soldier today. I mentioned him a few (quite a few...) months back about how he was going back to Iraq. Well today he got on Facebook, the first time in about a month and said he needed to tell me something good and something bad. He had been shot three times but was okay and not to freak out.

Obviously I freaked out. Of course since he was TELLING me he got shot he was still alive and out of harms way. Still I got sick to my stomach at the possibilities of what ifs. I think I usually do that, think of the worst outcome so when things are just a little bad I feel better. But yes my friend is okay. Or as okay as he says he is. I am sure there are mental scars on his heart and in his mind that will last a lifetime and he thinks he has to be brave and protect me from those things.

So my downer of a post is really me seeing how small some of the problems are in my life. I do complain a lot about my job and probably will continue to have RARW moments. But in comparison to what my friend has to go through I feel guilty about complaining about lazy co-workers and burnt pizzas.

Of course that might not be fair. Everyone has problems in their life but there will always be someone else out there who has it worse than you. But you are allowed to feel RARW when life hands you crap. Sometimes you don't want to make lemonade. You want to squeeze the juice into the eyes of those who have done you wrong. But then you must move on. I can blog my little anger moments but holding grudges over things people (the people who have done me wrong) forgot about 5 seconds later is probably not healthy. That added stress in my life is not necessary.

Hopefully I can follow my own advice, even just 10 percent of it. Because when your friend gets shot 3 times it seems slightly silly to be pissed off over someone complaining about ranch dressing.

In closing and back to the point as I have rambled off subject....please pray for my soldier friend. Because despite being shot in both legs he still plans on remaining in the military. He is a braver person than I. Please pray/send good thoughts all those who serve outside and inside their country and that we can live in a world where we don't have to send our young people off to fight.

I would also like to add if I got shot three times I would be milking it for all it is worth. Because that is how I roll AND because I think if you get shot three times you deserve to have all the time off you need. I certainly would not be all OH I am fine on facebook. X___X I would be like WOE IS ME!!!!! But that is probably why I am not a soldier.

Proud of you soldier friend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I prayed for your friend - I'm glad that he'll be okay and I'm so thankful for the service and sacrifice he's done for his country. My dad is vet, so I think I feel particularly proud our servicemen and women.

And thanks for the thoughts about the sometimes-mundane "troubles" of our own lives. It's easy to forget the big picture and about those who are facing life-and-death struggles.

Christina said...

beneaththetangles- I wish contact with my friend wasn't so off and on. Before the other day it had been a month since I heard from him. Of course I understand that is just how it is but it might be a while until I have more information on the situation. But I am sure he will be safe, recovering in a hospital.

Sometimes the decisions our country makes are hard to support but the men and women serving on the line and behind the scenes need our support both when they are away and when they return home. I am proud of your father and thank him for his service.

I do think it is so easy to get caught up in the little irritations in life. Hopefully I will try to remember that more often when small (but frustrating) situations come up at work. Blog about it, tell the husband, but then it is time to move on because at the end of the day at least I have a job to complain about, a husband to gossip to, and the good health to type it all out.