Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy Labor Day: Yay for Retail Therapy

For some odd reason my boss gave us the day off today. This has been an odd year as he gave us the 4th of July off as well. Has he learned on major holidays (or in the case the day after a major holiday) we are super dead and it would be better for him to be closed?

I had been working on a MOG I HATE WORK post. But in true Tenchi fashion it got a little wordy and I think I need to tone it down for it to make any sense. So in the mean time I decide to indulge in some retail therapy.

Photobucket

Ignore the crazy Tenchi shadow in the picture.

In other related news I bought a dress today. X___X


Photobucket

Slightly clearer picture of my MOG dress.

Maybe this is a little too light for an entire post but hey, it is not everyday that I buy a dress. This brings my total dress total...ever up to 4. Am I slowly turning into a girl? Scary. I have no idea where I am going to wear it to but when I saw it.....bunched up at the end of the counter forgotten and not priced I knew I had to have it.

Maybe it was the made-up price of 6 dollars that sealed the deal. But yes. I bought a dress today for no reason at all. WOOHOO!

Other lovely purchases today:

Vans Shoes (New)- $10.00

Skelanimals messenger bag- $10.00

Hello Kitty shirt- $3.00

Aforementioned dress- $6.00

Grand total: $23.00 because momma had a 20% off coupon. XD Considering the Vans shoes are usually in the $40-$50 dollar range I feel as if I got so many great deals today. Momma got some Coach shoes that were only $12 and they were never worn either.

I love retail therapy. Still hate my job but there is something about having a random day off and spending money that makes purchases more fun.

4 comments:

Marona said...

Nice buys. I got two dresses and some underwear for about $23 Friday. All on sale at Macy's and with a coupon. I thought I did good, but your dress looks pretty and was a lot cheaper. But I really needed some dresses for going out so I found what I could. XD

Christina said...

Marona- Well considering you were at Macy's I think you did awesome! I always walk by the full priced Harajuku Lovers purses, waving at them because haha not paying full price. I can't imagine getting one dress at Macy's at that price, let alone two! So we both did good this holiday weekend with our purchases. Yay for shopping! XD

G2 said...

While your guys having retail therapy, I had my slot machine therapy at a full blast. :) Nice dress by the way.

Christina said...

G2- Thankies XD Not too bad for 6 dollars.

I think I am glad there are no slot machines around where I live. I would get far too excited whenever I won and that could lead to spending way too much money. XD