Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sentimental Circus Mouton Returns!

Today has been a very trying day. Very. Let's just say the husband is cooking me a fabulous dinner to make up for the monumental mistake he made. Or overlooked. I suppose everything did or will work out as best they can but it still doesn't mean the what ifs get thrown away out the window. Just...bleh folks.

So when my husband walked through the door this afternoon I was expecting a few more apologizes. That came as well but also in hand was a package all the way from the United Kingdom. What a better way to brighten my day than a forgotten surprise in the mail yes?

Photobucket

Ah memories from Japan.

When I was in Japan I was surrounded by cute. But something that caught my eye in particular was the San-X creation Sentimental Circus. Of course I wanted all the lovelies they had to offer but I needed to spend my money wisely on Day 4. So I walked away with Mouton the "cellphone" plushie. In reality he became a purse accessory and he made his way around Japan with me.

Sadly Mouton the elephant was lost at sea. Sea World to be precise. The chain part of the "cellphone charm" was not the sturdiest thing to begin with. It actually fell off quite a few times in Japan but I noticed in time and ran back to fetch Mouton from the streets. But the second I get back to the United States and go to a crowded place it is falls off, never to be seen again.

Photobucket

Until now! XD After my life got back on track and I had a few paychecks under my belt I set to work finding a replacement Mouton. Shame on you people at Sea World for not turning in my lost item.


Photobucket

Sentimental Circus stuff seems to be pretty expensive outside of Japan. The vendors at Otakon had some items but it was mainly stationary and larger plushies. So I set to the internet to find a replacement.


Photobucket

I finally found a reasonable priced Mouton at the website Kawaii Cupboard. I say reasonable because it is not their fault the American Dollar is in the crapper. :( But finally I found a replacement and rejoicing could take place. He looks slightly smaller than the one I had before but his nose is so much cuter. Exciting times folks.


Photobucket

Also included in my purchase was a free roll of tape. I don't know what it is about free stuff but it excites me so very much. Tiny little gestures of nice on a day when I really needed them. So thank you Kawaii Cupboard for brightening up my day. Also if Mouton is allowed to ever leave the house he shall be secured on something different this time. No elephant left behind!



No comments: