Monday, September 12, 2011

If I won 54 million dollars....

So the other day, before my husband was barely able to talk and sick in bed, he asked me a random question. I have no idea what sparked the question or number but it made for interesting conversation.

What would you do if you won 54 million dollars?

Photobucket

How to spend all my riches.....

Now to truly make this a fantasy and not possible…ever you don’t have to pay any taxes on this money and you get it all at once. So we are really hitting the jackpot here folks. During the course of the evening I listed off as many things as I could think of to spend all my winnings on. Now apparently winning 54 million dollars doesn’t change my personality XD My husband kept on laughing at my “small” ideas on how to spend our riches. PSHT! Psht on him.

In any event here is what I can remember from our conversation. Even with this extensive list I probably still have like….50 million to spend. XD I am working on it!



My List:

Pay off the house. Obviously. XD Was going to give it to mom after the fact but apparently my house is too modern for her. I told my friend she could have the house and she went….yay? So obviously everyone hates my house and doesn’t want to tell me. Maybe I will turn it into a huge storage unit for all my AMAZING stuff since I just won 54 million dollars. Ungrateful people. XD

Pay off my husband’s car. Yay for no more debt!

Buy a new house that is bigger. Not upstairs. Maybe away from neighbors with crying children, pooping dogs, and a maintenance team that comes every day at 8 am to wake me up. I am not sure how big. I don’t want like a McMansion. X__X Because I don’t really want people to come and clean the house. And I don’t want my kittens to get all lost in the house. But big enough for all my stuff and for people to come over and visit.

Buy myself a car that the air conditioning works ALL THE TIME. Oh and it has to be blue. But I don’t want a fancy car or a big car. Just something to get around in.

Buy every single nendoroid out there that I don’t currently own. XD Apparently I don’t dream big enough because my husband laughed at me.

After being laughed at I decide well I am not going to pay for silly shipping. Since we are rich I decide we are going to travel to Japan at least once a year! Then I can buy all the nendoroids I can find there and then order the rest online.

Then the husband laughed again. Just visit Japan? FINE! I am going to buy us an awesome place in Tokyo. Our new summer home if you will. Then we can travel there for super fun events but not have to live out of hotels.

Get yearly passes to Disney. Do I hear laughing again? Well I guess SOMEONE doesn’t get a pass. This also includes one to Tokyo Disney even though we won’t be able to go there as often. I loved the food so much. XD

Buy nice cases to put all my nendoroids in. Okay now the laughing is getting louder. And I am hearing comments about how it will take me 200 years to spend all the money at this rate. What?! I want to display all my lovelies!

NOT get Lasik surgery. NOT. EVER.

Buy my mom this house she has had her eyes on for years. I wonder how much I will have to pay the people to leave their house. XD But she must have it!

Go directly to the bank to pay off middle brother’s school debt. DIRECTLY.

Pay youngest brother’s way through school. Set money aside for him to afford a house whenever he settles on a permanent(ish) place to live.

Photobucket

I'll get it all in 1's and swim in it!

Hire someone to do some stuff for my blog. To be a proof reader and such. Make banners and do all the technical stuff that is beyond me. So folks even though I won 54 million dollars I am still going to blog XD Go me.

I would pay back all the LOVELY customers who have treated me with such respect during my stay at Mike’s Pizza Place. Maybe I need to hire a private investigator to find out where they all work. Can’t wait to walk in at XX:59 and walk around their stores while they are trying to close.

Oh apparently I need furniture for my new house. Now I can have rooms dedicated to my joys in life. A plushie room, a figurine room, ect.

APPARENTLY even if we win 54 million dollars I can only have 2 cats in the house. GLARES. Glares folks. So I guess I am building an animal shelter next door to my house so I can rescue cats and give them safe places to stay before someone adopts them. I shall pet all the little kittens.

On the other side of our new house I am going to open up a Hello Kitty museum. Of course I need to buy lots and lots of Hello Kitty stuff to put in my museum. XD That might be my most expensive item of all. But it shall be worth it in the end. And look I can charge like $2 for people to come and visit. Surely that will make me…no money over time. XD

I thought of what I would do for my grandmother. It was hard as I don’t think she would accept much. She rather give all her money away than buy batteries for her hearing aid. But I would do what I could to make her comfortable without her thinking it was too much. Like paying someone to drive her around places because she hates asking for rides. And someone to deliver Cheesecake Factory noms to her house every week.

I would go around to tons of anime conventions every year. My husband was like why would you do that if we are going to live part of the year in Japan? Um because I want to see cosplayers and fanart and suchies. GOSH.

We could go to the movies every week ON THE WEEKEND! And get all the snacks we wanted. Then the husband couldn’t stop laughing and I threatened to stab him.

A different Harajuku Lovers bag for every day of the year! I guess we know what is going in our huge closet now. XD

I also planned on spoiling my friends with expensive, friend specific gifts. Whether it be helping with car/house payments or buying the best bags/shoes money can buy.

Put aside some money in the event that one of my brothers decide to start spawning. I shall be the best Aunt ever. Drum sets and puppies for all!


Photobucket

So very overwhelming indeed....XD

Husband’s List (he brought up the game and barely played):

Buy every single pokemon card out there. That is the first thing he said folks. Can’t believe he was making fun of me for dreaming small. XD I said the house and car first dude!

Buy the car of his dreams. He mentioned what it was but I forgot. I think it is blue though.

Buy a small house for his dad.

Become a Pokemon Gym Leader. Or master. He said he was going to travel around and participate in all the competitions. Good thing he bought all those pokemon cards right?

Buy every single lego set out there. See folks, there was no laughing at all when my husband was listing off his possible purchases. Because I love my husband.

Build a huge entertainment center in one of the rooms. I am not sure what that entails. But I am assuming that means we get new computers and a huge TV.

Hiring an accountant to help manage all our money. Apparently we are putting half the money into something and living off the interest.

Hire a chef….for himself as I will still be eating cheese fries from Outback.


I think that was the basic list. I don’t think I am one for fancy dresses and expensive shoes. XD Of course money does change people. Maybe I will decide that I love eating expensive food and need to own 48398 dresses so I can attend fancy parties and operas.

XD Or I will just turn into a lazy slug with tons of nice things from Japan and my friends and family will be better off.

Isn’t dreaming nice? No more working at Mike’s Pizzeria, no more worries about possible health concerns in the future, and overall a more peaceful life. Ah to be rich and not famous, that is the life for me.

6 comments:

Ruben said...

That is the life for you and I am sure that is the life for so many other people out there, me included of course xD.

Your husband becoming a Pokemon Master was very funny and I am agree with him about the chef, it definitely would be wonderful to have someone who could cook delicious food at any time.

But everytime that I kind of dream something like this, I end up a bit depressed, something like "ahh... what the heck, back to reality" xD.

G2 said...

Will watch anime and play with my nendoroids all day. Oh I will learn my Japanese too

Christina said...

Ruben- I always think about people who DO have all the money in the world and are still incredible unhappy. I never understand that. More money, more problems? Only if you look for them I guess. But then again I don't picture myself trying to be a fancy rich person trying to get in with the "in" crowd. Maybe that is where most of the problem lies?

I wonder if I will become Ms. Pokemon master? The cards you win at the tournaments are expensive too. Of course when I said that he laughed as HELLO we have 54 million dollars now. I was just saying. XD

Hopefully this cook can make awesome desserts too. XD

That is true though. I was talking to my co-workers about it and realized...nope still stuck here. Sadness. One can dream though.

Christina said...

G2- I think my husband said learning Japanese too. Don't think I wrote it down though. I wonder how that would work though. XD I was horrible in Spanish classes but I feel as if I should learn it too if it we are going to live there for a few months out of the year. In crazy not happening land of course. XD

XO The amount of free time might be boggling though. Eventually we might run out of anime to watch. Must have back up plans so we don't get into trouble like other rich hollywood...special girls. XD

G2 said...

How about coming to work with attitude? That might be a much better option :)

Christina said...

G2- Knowing me I would probably run around and expose the inner workings to my job. But hopefully when (if... XD) I win the lottery I will be so happy and busy spending my money I will no longer think about that LOVELY place.

But maybe I will go to work just one more day after the fact just to show people what's what. XD