Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Moment for 9/11


Photobucket




I pray that all of those affected by this tragic event find peace.

I pray that the first responders are able to move on with their lives and receive the medical care they deserve and need.

I pray that all Americans remain safe and protected without having their liberties being stripped from them.

I pray for all Muslims who are being targeted due to the actions of a very few.

I pray everyone strives to learn from this tragedy and take steps to assure something like this never happens again. Hatred and revenge will only renew the cycle.

I thank God that my husband has remained safe and on American soil during this past 10 years. Having joined the military in June 2001 he never dreamed he would be facing something like this during his career.

I pray for those who have not been as fortunate as my husband and have served overseas.

I pray for the families who have lost loved ones and still have people overseas.

I pray that this day is remembered with respect but that people realize those who were lost would want us to move on in peaceful ways.

4 comments:

Anita said...

Dear Tenchi, this post has touched me deeply :). I used to come here to read about Kobato and then got caught for your funny entries about Blood-C (actually I started following the anime because of your blog).

I am an international student at US, and really thankful for all the help I have received from this country. Therefore, I agree with you. Let's remember this day with respect and let's pray for all people whose life was touched, in some way or another, for this tragedy.

Take care and keep on writing! You usually make my day :)

Christina said...

Anita- I am glad I could make you feel this way and brighten your day. I hope everyone was respectful this day and didn't reduce it to place of hate. People all over the world have suffered since that fateful day and hopefully everyone can learn and grow from this experience.

Kobato was such a happy girl. She should have been the one singing songs on the way to work. Not Saya X__X She is 19 kinds of special.

Anita said...

Oh boy, I have just seen the first two episodes of Blood-C...and Saya's songs are really creepy, at least for somebody who slices uglies before bedtime.

David Frederick said...

Those are very compassionate prayers -- the bedt kind! Thanks for sharing.