Friday, September 16, 2011

No. episode 11 FINAL EPISODE!


Photobucket

WEEEE! This is all going to make sense...maybe.

X__X I apologize for the longness of this post. I think it got slightly out of hand. So I shall cut to the chase today folks. Enjoy my last post of No. 6!!


Photobucket

This is about to go so very, very wrong.

Episode Summary: All the fancy people of No. 6 gather in the main area to watch Holy Day play out. Momma is busy holding the little girl because they sense something is about to happen. And behold something does happen. People stop dropping like flies because they have bees coming out of their necks. Sion is like MOG I am so happy to see you Safu. But due to the fact that Nezumi is a Forrest kid he knows that Elyurias is inside Safu/controlling Safu. The ElyuriasSafu explains that No. 6 wanted to use her awesome powers to give life back to the land. They needed to control her by placing her in a human host. So Elyurias decides to get back at them by giving them the perfect host Safu. All so Nezumi could show up with his bomb and destroy the super computer that confides a super natural being. Safu manages to say that this is all okay with her because Elyurias allowed her to stay partial in control to tell Sion she loves him. This is slightly too much for Sion to take and has a moment of AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Elsewhere Yoming is like it is time to release the secret weapon. Only his minion is like um yeah bees are coming out of people I think the jig is up. After being explained that Nezumi needs to release Elyurias Sion decides he is going to do it. He doesn’t believe in the grey area anymore and might have a bit of the crazies. Nezumi punches Sion out of love and plants the bomb himself. Things start to go EXPLODY all over the place. The bees poof into glowing powder, tornadoes appear, and the wall is brought down after the rainbow covering of the city is destroyed.

Photobucket

I swear there is a Sion behind that brave Nezumi.

Nezumi tries to get Sion out of the exploding building but Sion has decided everything is Nezumi’s fault. Nezumi is visibly hurt and tries to get Sion…angry I guess but Nezumi is shot again protecting Sion. DogWatcher and Rikiga are waiting for Sion and Nezumi to show up despite being shot at. They will probably have to wait a little longer as Sion is performing surgery on Nezumi, mirroring Nezumi taking the bee out of Sion. After Nezumi’s bullet removable bit they try escaping again with Sion taking the lead. Only Sion gets shot in the chest and they both tumble their way to DogWatcher and Rikiga. Sion is declared dead and the others want to move on and bury him later. Nezumi clearly is done with life and decides to stay with Sion. DogWatcher gets pissed and runs taking Rikiga with her. Nezumi sings to Sion and lays on the ground to die himself. Only Sion is brought back to life by Safu who morphs into Elyurias, Alien Bee Queen. Oh and she heals Nezumi too. She then flies off to do whatever Alien Bee Queens do. Sion and Nezumi are like hey….as they watch the walls fall apart and the people moving towards them, whether they be No. 6 citizens or outsiders. Momma freaks out and starts running to the broken wall as she can obviously sense Sion. Sion is feeling a bit down about Safu so Nezumi decides it is the perfect time to leave? Sion says nothing so Nezumi comes back for one more kiss before randomly leaving again. Sion seems upset but hey. A dog runs up with his rescued baby so things are going to be alright. THE END!

X_________________________________________________________X

That best sums up my feelings after watching this episode.

OHHHHH!

That best sums up my feelings after reading a summary of the last novel.

I probably should have waited to read the summary until I blogged this episode. Then I would have let crazy my true feelings on what just happened. But I was silly and decided that I needed things to make sense. I will try to leave the sense making aspect out of this blog though. Just let it be known even if this series was 12 episodes long things would still not make “perfect” sense as the ending was…slightly different from the novel.

Photobucket

Apparently Nezumi just knows everything.

I think I missed the part of the show where it explained that it was mostly Elyurias and only slightly Safu. Sion had a bit of a moment there when he realized this so maybe it was more obvious to him. To me it was not that obvious. But since Nezumi of Fairy Tree Village is more in tuned with nature he automatically knew he was 90 percent Elyurias and 10 percent Safu.

Photobucket

Yes Safu. Sion is certainly happy with this wish. So super happy. Also does this mean Elyurias killed grandma to get Safu back in the country?

I also missed the part where Safu/Elyurias had to die. I understand she didn’t want to be under the control of No. 6 and had to blow up the computer. But could Elyurias only be free if Safu exploded along with the computer? Enjoy your reward Safu. You got to see Sion again. Now in exchange for this wish you had to….what exactly did she do?

According to the anime No. 6 wanted to bring the land back to life. Everything was destroyed and they thought they could use some supernatural…thing to bring it all back. And the best way to do that was to try to harness Elyurias inside of someone. In the process they killed many people and cast out others who knew their secret. So conclusion they are all crazy pants. Instead of being grateful for the second chance they had in life the founders decided to be greedy and ruin everything. YAY!

Photobucket

Somehow I imagined the Forrest Goddess looking a little more human and slightly less honey collector OF DOOM.

I think the supernatural elements of the show should have been on display all along. I think it is hard for some viewers to grasp the level of insanity things got when it was all just randomly thrown at us. If it was not done in such a random way I think we wouldn’t be going MOG giant bee goddess and miracles and what not.

I think the destruction of No. 6 was done way too cleanly. One bomb destroyed an entire system? I guess if the main computer had a woohoo let’s blow up everything else switch….But to have Safu in the same room as the main computer was a bit too much for me to handle. These scientists are supposed to be super smart. After all they got a weird random bee goddess trapped in a random girl’s body yes? So don’t they have enough brains not to put dangerous experiments near the one thing keeping everything together? Just too stupid for words.

Also if Elyurias was all powerful why did she need anyone to help blow up the machine? She really should have helped Nezumi and Sion out of the place. Like okay dudes I got this. Time for my revenge. Maybe the computer was keeping her in check? Once it blew up she became a pollen tornado(s) of doom so maybe she was being held back. But oh yes that one line. Only a forest folk could free her. Good thing there is one still left or she would be in deep trouble!

Photobucket

Nezumi needs a hug. :( A lot of hugs. And probably some booze.

I don’t really blame Sion for using such harsh words with Nezumi. Clearly he is having a very rough day. It is obvious that Nezumi did not kill the ElyuriasSafu. ElyuriasSafu decided to stay behind and be blown to tiny pieces of pollen. Him blaming Nezumi was just his way of trying to cope (or not cope) with the fact that giant bee lady took over his friends body and he just climbed people mountain.

Photobucket

I think Sion is over words now...

Nezumi saying what he did to Sion….I get what he was TRYING to do. Like yeah be mad at me. Be mad at me so…..so what? So he can start moving his butt closer to the door? He was already MAD at Nezumi. So what was he trying to achieve. Maybe he had something planned out in his head, that it was going to keep Sion from blaming himself. We shall never know because Nezumi got shot 5 seconds later.

Photobucket

Did I train Sion to be this awesome?

I sorta want Sion on my Zombie Apocalypse team. He was like mog I need to perform surgery on you while a building is exploding. And he did. AND Nezumi lived. I claim Sion.

Photobucket

:( People are treated so awful in this show.

But then he got shot in heart. Some random dude is to blame. Watching Nezumi and Sion fall down that shaft was pretty awful. I think that them falling unceremoniously on that conveyer belt was the saddest part of the episode. Like they were discarded trash or something.

I was really disappointed in DogWatcher (who really actually is a girl). I don’t know why I expected more from her. I thought she would try to convince Nezumi to leave. But her desire to live was more important than anything else and that meant people got left behind. I am also disappointed in the fact that she is not the one to raise the baby. I feel that she could have had some real growth in this show but it is hard to see if that happened or not.

Photobucket

I am pretty sure things can't get any worse for Nezumi. :(

Nezumi singing to “dead’ Sion was so sad. Nezumi looked so broken in that scene. He was just trying to rescue Safu and he got an exploding building, a dead Safu, three bullets, and a completely destroyed Sion, in every sense of the word. Despite the fact that he talks a big game I am sure he thought he was going to be the one to make the ultimate sacrifice and die for Sion. So when he saw hope and kindness (AKA Sion) die a bit of him died too.

Photobucket

Maybe Safu is a fan of yaoi too and had to put her favorite pairing back together?

As for ElyuriasSafu bringing Sion back to life…..well I guess I don’t see it as ridiculous as everyone else does. I mean….ElyuriasSafu turned into a bee. A bunch of pollen tornados. And destroyed some magical rainbow barrier around the city. And bees came out of people’s necks. So while it might be some cheap trick I see it as Safu getting a little more wish for her buck. She did just EXPLODE okay. Why can’t she get a miracle out of the deal too? Plus did anyone REALLY want Sion to die after all he went through?

So how sad is it Yoming was utterly useless in this show? He had a plan. No. 6 took away his family and he wanted revenge. He deserved revenge. All the innocent people who had suffered from the higher ups deserved to have revenge. But just when Yoming is about to hit SEND people start sprouting bees and no one was even paying attention to his crap. Not that it matters as Yoming turned into a bee causality too. Poor Yoming. He really was just trying to make the city aware of what was going on but he was upstaged and killed. :(

Photobucket

Um nice lady? Bees just came out of people, corpses are all over the place, and the wall around the city just got destroyed by pollen tornadoes. Maybe you could stay by my side during this difficult time?

This might be mom fail week or something. Because I get the fact that Sion’s momma had suffered throughout the entire show. I really do. Maybe she was just in on the happier parts of No. 6 and everything in her life is a tragedy. And I get that she is excited at the fact that she gets to see her son again. Even if she is running with no clear direction to go. However….SHE LEFT BEHIND THE LITTLE GIRL! Um hello what kind of adult are you? I have no maternal instinsts at all and yet I would be dragging the girl with me. This is some real adult fail. Some super adult fail.

Photobucket

I am pretty sure I would still be hiding under the covers. Yay for being brave!

I do like how everyone else not experiencing mom fail walked towards the broken down wall. Also I am glad that the kids Sion befriended survived the attack. But I like how the citizens of No. 6 weren’t fearing the outside. Maybe because they already saw such terrible things they figured it couldn’t get any worse. I saw it as a way of reuniting with the truth, everyone coming together, and that things will be alright.

Photobucket

And then the show ended RIGHT HERE! AT THIS MOMENT! No more.

And then the ending. Ah the kiss. Of course as a crazy yaoi fangirl I was going WOOHOOOOO! But on a normal level I think everyone can see that the two had a naturally growing relationship and yaoi wasn’t forced onto anyone and it wasn’t over the top. It was just a relationship, two people falling in love and I don’t think gender really matters.

HOWEVER this kiss was tainted folks. According to the novel it is not a GOODBYE kiss. Things actually make sense. Because five seconds ago Nezumi was ready to get splatted just so he wouldn’t leave dead Sion’s side. Now that things are better AKA Sion is not dead Nezumi is just going to randomly leave? And Sion is going to let him? No smiles, not until we meet again crap?

Photobucket

But what about our summer plans?! No one ever taught me about sex! GET BACK HERE NOW! All those things should have been said.

Just rarw folks. Rarw. This episode was rushed for no reason as many series have 12 episodes. Sion couldn’t live without Nezumi and he let him walk away? Nezumi had no reason to leave as the danger was gone. So why can these two boys not be together?
In the end this series had a lot of ups and downs. Sion didn’t save people from the bees but ElyuriasSafu broke down the walls which is what he wanted. Safu died but Nezumi lived. Sion gets to be reunited with his mother but for some UNNAMED REASON Nezumi leaves him.

All and all this has been a crazy ride but after last week’s amazing episode the series finale has me feeling a little down. I will just pretend in my head that Nezumi stuck around. Because Sion has plans for next summer and Nezumi only wants Sion to be happy. As happy as one can be after climbing HumanBodyMountain and being brought back to life by a bee lady.

Maybe Sion will be happy if TADA there really is an episode 12 and it is set sometime in the reasonable future and Nezumi returns. Yay for surprises.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew the ending would suck. I knew it... but I didn't know how bad it would be.

For 10 episodes this was a damn good show. There was no way to wrap it up with just one more episode. And instead of just choosing bits and pieces from that novel that made sense with what was shown in the anime thus far, it seems the director rubbed his hands manically together and cackled "We shall include *EVERYTHING*!"

A not a single fuck was given that day.

Though Nezumi leaving was a bit wtf in the novel as well. I like how intense their goodbye was in the novel vs. the anime; at the same time I think it's cool that the anime treated a homosexual attraction as if it was so ordinary that it was boring.

I think the idea is that Shion's walls have been broken down and he has to learn how to be by himself now. Also I think Nezumi is struck with wanderlust, plus he hats No. 6 and never wanted this conclusion so he doesn't want to stick around to see all that shit that happens when the poors and the sheltered get together. There society is going to undergo a massive upheaval.

Still couldn't he have said that they would be reunited again? Of all the crap they tried to jam pack into this episode, that was a pretty important line to leave out.

This series was a BIG surprise. I had no idea it was BL... and it awesome. I hate shows with BL that are *about* gay relationships only. This had a plot and the character's sexualities were merely incidental to it. That's pretty cool.

The animes I grew up watching were more like this. Didn't make a big deal out of gayness, and when it appeared it was just another aspect of the character that showed up in the plot (ex: Please Save My Earth, the characters Jinpachi and Issei).

Christina said...

Anonymous- I think people were cheering so hard for this show it was inevitable going to have a meh ending. But things didn't have to be so rushed. Why 11 episodes? Why not 12?

I think by picking everything little to nothing makes sense. I mean if I had not read the summary for the last novel I would be so lost about the random bee lady and what the real reason behind her being there was.

Nezumi leaving was sad no matter what version it happened in. If not for the fact that Sion still needed him Nezumi should have stayed. But Nezumi and Sion just spent the last two episodes trying to protect each other and he is just going to walk away? Why? I think he should have stuck around to see how the "new" city was going to turn out. Maybe with his input things would go better.

Maybe I am just bitter because I wanted Sion to have a happy ending. Yes he is with his mom (and random baby that got sent to him despite the fact that DogWatcher didn't know he was alive!!!) but I think losing Safu would sting less if Nezumi was around. Also you know...he loves him.

Despite being a yaoi fangirl I think this series was done...so normally I really can't see the complaints. This is how gay relationships should be portrayed. Just like straight relationships. Nothing was over the top or involved sparkling flowers. If people still have a problem with the main characters having feelings for each other well nothing can be done about that. Obviously it is not going to get through to them.

Marona said...

Okay. The way Nezumi disappeared at the end made me question whether or not he was even real. I mean, before his real "departure" you could see him walking some distance away. So following the kiss, I didn't think he would just been GONE after he moved away from Sion. It just didn't seem realistic. How the hell did he leave that fast?

And the fact that the baby was returned made me question whether Rikiga and InuKashi were even real. As you mentioned in your comment, InuKashi assumed Sion was dead. So why even give away the baby and the dog? So maybe the baby has been with the dog the whole time. And all these characters are a part of Sion's hallucinations.

I don't. I haven't read the novel ending summary, so I don't know if followed everything to a T.

But yes, this ending was way too rush and did not make any sense. And it sucked ass that Yomming was not only upstaged but killed in the process. You'd think him being in a car would offer some kind of protection, but I guess the bees could enter the exhaust pipe.

And I didn't like that Safu had to die. She was a really good character and Elyurias took her life away. For a very small wish. She didn't get any of Sion's sperm or even an opportunity to tap that. Haha.

And mama should not have left that poor girl by herself. She's practically an orphan now. She should have picked her ass up and then started running.

Christina said...

Marona- I thought that too! Like wtf did Nezumi just disappear? How did the baby get there SO FAST as Sion just came back to life and DogWatcher didn't even know that, let alone had time to make it back home? It all seemed so surreal that I was like X___X?

But reading the novel summary makes things fall into place. It especially explains why Safu had to die and that is wasn't just to destroy the bond between her and Sion so Nezumi could tap that. Or not tap that as he walked away.

Mom has made some questionable decisions in this anime. But her leaving the kid alone...again I am not a maternal kind of person. But I still would not leave a random kid there! Just a lot of fail.

I think Yoming was the biggest disappointment of them all. So much time was spent fleshing out his ideas and character. If not a damn thing was going to come from it why bother including him at all? We could have spent that time getting a proper ending so people would not have the rage right now.

Anonymous said...

I didn't want Sion and Nezumi to leave each other in the last episode.God, I wanted them to marry!

Naesing said...

Why did Sion and Nezumi have to leave each other. I mean, they have been together through so much yet Nezumi is still okay with it! Nezumi must be crazy! Sion obviously had some love feelings for Nezumi,so why? I for one wanted them to stay together. Their parting made me sorta want to cry. Other than that, the story was okay.

Christina said...

Anonymous and Naesing- That part was so sad for me too. The wall is down and there is a chance to rebuild a better society without dead tree people and killer bees and a separation of people. And then Nezumi just leaves because now Sion can take care of himself? No. Just no. I am going to pretend he just went to find himself in the woods or whatever and will be back when Sion has helped rebuild society.

It can't be goodbye forever. I won't accept it. Nezumi comes back and they raise the baby and the dog together. The end!

asmaa ali said...

شركة تنظيف فلل بجدة
شركة تنظيف فلل بالرياض
شركة تنظيف منازل بمكة
https://companymoversinjeddah.wordpress.com
https://allmoversinriyadh.wordpress.com

asmaa ali said...

شركة نقل اثاث بحائل
شركة نقل اثاث ببريدة
شركة نقل اثاث بالقصيم
شركة نقل اثاث بحفر الباطن
شركة نقل اثاث برابغ