Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru episode 4

Only one day late! XD Go me. Although it is the last minute it is still Tuesday. That's all that matters.

Photobucket

Come with me if you want to live. And sparkle.

But this week's episode was good so putting it aside for a day made me feel a little guilty. I wish they would pick up the pace with the plot but meh. Yuki seems to be very accepting with the very limited explanations so far so maybe I should be too? Hopefully those explanations will come sooner rather than later but for now I will enjoy the sparkle demon dogs and emo Yuki.

Spoilers for you. Enjoy.

This post was not brought to you by Modern Warfare 2. Modern Warfare 2. The game that is sucking the soul out of my husband.


Photobucket

Exactly. This makes sense.

Episode Summary: Kaname’s one and only scene of the episode is him muttering about how more people should be like Yuki. He then walks off the bridge with his book. Yuki makes it up to the roof of his school and finds Uzuki there being weird. Uzuki points out where the kids are and pulls a knife on Yuki. Excellent friendship skills there. Before Uzuki gets too sad about his friend being all evilfied it is revealed that a demon has taken over Uzuki’s body. Sort of anyway as the demon can switch his appearance back to Uzuki without any reason. But the demon says he was only able to take over Uzuki because of Uzuki’s cold heart and hatred for Yuki. Yuki decides what the demon is saying is true and stands there so Mr. Demon can kill him. Tsukumo arrives just in time to save Yuki from being a pound cake but is injuried in the process. The demon is all laughing and tries blowing up Yuki again. This time Zess arrives and saves the day. Touko also arrives but she is too busy comforting her dying brother. Zess states as soon as Mr. Demon dies the progression of the injury will stop and one of Yuki’s clansmen will be able to heal him.

Photobucket

Move next time!!!

Mr. Demon is slightly worried so he resorts to telling the group that if he dies Uzuki dies. Zess goes to strike but Yuki gets all sad face and begs him not to attack his friend. The result is Zess getting stabbed and oozing out like 6 pints of blood. Takashiro drives up to the scene to be useless. Yuki gets extremely sad face that everyone is getting injuried for his sake and starts glowing. Takashiro declares everything a success woohoo. Yuki’s sparkles make Uzuki’s personality come to the surface. He requests that Zess kills him before he hurts Yuki. Zess agrees and Yuki is like NOOOO! Tsukumo is slightly healed by Yuki’s sparkles and teams up with Zess to separate Uzuki from Mr. Demon and Mr. Demon is destroyed. Off in the shadows someone evil plots something evil.

Photobucket

I was expecting something more than fireflies...but this works too.

Yuki and his new found powers are able to fully heal Tsukumo but that causes him pain instead. Uzuki starts crying because he was unworthy of saving. He then realizes that all the times when Yuki was crying for him…he actually liked him. It is a wonderful sparkly moment. Then the two kids wake up and freak out when Yuki tries to comfort them. Yuki then starts boo hooing about no one wanting/needing him. Zess takes his sparkly hand and tells him all will be okay. Yuki decides to leave the orphanage (but on good terms as the two girls have forgotten the incident). Yuki tries to contact Kaname but is unable to since Kaname has skipped town. Yuki joins up with the Giou Clan who are having a playful day. Zess tells Yuki to call him Luka from now on and it is magical. Yuki is happy he has a place to call home now. The end!

Long summary is super long. I apologize. :( I tried to be brief. But I am never very good at being brief. XD

Photobucket

Um no Master business! That ruins the yaoi vibes. Or makes them stronger. Not sure yet.

Pick a name people! Zess Luka Zess Luka! Stop trying to confuse me people. I should have stuck with my instincts. But I should be glad that they are doing a name change on me early on and not during episode 10 or something, when things are set in stone for me. I am not sure which name I prefer but part of me wants Yuki to call Luka Zess because girl Yuki called Zess Luka. I want Yuki to have a different relationship with Luka. But on the other hand….that means Luka wants to have a closer relationship with Yuki. Nothing makes me happy so moving on.

Photobucket

Totally didn't see that one coming. Not at all.

BOOO Uzuki living BOOO! Of course it makes total sense and I saw it coming a mile away but BOOO all the same. People cannot learn from their mistakes, all must be punished. Okay maybe not but I am not down with Uzuki getting off scot-free. You made a pact with a Psycho Demon and you thinking crying is going to make it better? And whining that you don’t deserve to live? I get that he is upset that someone knows that his mother abuses him and hates him. I wouldn’t be happy if someone knew my personal business because of a simple touch. But then I would be a reasonable person and understand that it wasn’t Yuki’s fault. Or run away in fear because Yuki has a weird power. But I would certainly not pretend to be his friends while sending him awful letters and letting a demon taking over his body.

Photobucket

Consider yourself lucky punk.

But Uzuki living wasn’t really for Uzuki. It was for Yuki. So I shall forgive him and his way too gentle heart. I am not really a fan of people who are super duper forgiving no matter what. It is okay to be mad people. It is not a really endearing quality to be so forgiving you put your own well being at risk. But…you really can’t be hating on people who want to see the best in people can you? That just sounds too evil. All you can do is hope the surrounding characters like Luka can protect the innocent people from themselves.

Photobucket

I was eating...

X_X Luka was a bleeding machine in this episode. On a side note I really like that when the blood on Yuki’s face got all smeared. Made it more realistic. But the amount of blood oozing out of Luka made me want to barf. And it reminded me of X/1999 again. But Luka is fine people. He can lose a gallon of blood and push through the pain. Yay super demons.

Photobucket

Can't say no to those eyes...

I wish that Luka was a little more willing to be “the bad guy” and take out the person trying to take Yuki. I know that Luka wants to make Yuki happy and their relationship is in that new stage so Luka can’t go around slicing up Yuki’s friends. That might put a strain on things. But on the other hand Luka needs to be able to make those hard decisions for Yuki. Or at the very least not stab Uzuki/Mr. Demon and not get stabbed himself. X_X Move out of way or do that fling the other sword away deal. I know he seemed gunho about fulfilling Uzuki’s wish to kill him but Luka was counting on Tsukumo to help him out. Uzuki was never in any real danger. So meh. I want Luka to be a bad ass. But maybe his time with girl Yuki took a little of his demon bad ass way and now Luka is compassionate or something like that. Maybe in the future when Yuki is truly in danger with no way out Luka will show us his more dangerous side. For now let’s hold hands and sparkle!

Photobucket

I'm being so badass.

I wish Tsukumo had more of a speaking role. He seems to have a just there role. His sister does the talking and he does the fighting. I do like that he risked his life for Yuki though. I just hope that both siblings learn to love boy Yuki and not continue to harbor feelings for girl Yuki. I am sure they will but when Yuki learns the truth I hope he doesn’t fall apart.

Photobucket

You two suck. The end.

The two orphanage kids can fall off a bridge. What the hell did Yuki do to frighten them? They were both asleep when he was sparkling and even if they were awake how was that scary? I understand that dude with the sword and the dude all demon like were acting scary but Yuki? Just a bit over the top for me. The moment existed to cement Yuki’s decision to leave and run off to Tokyo. I think it could have been handled differently.

I want to know more about Kaname! Please don’t be the baddie in the shadows. :( And answer the next time Yuki calls you!

Photobucket

Yuki can laugh! It's amazing! XD

I do like how Yuki was happy at the end. Sure things are going to be tough and he is leaving his old life behind. But now he is going to on a new adventure with people who won’t judge him for his powers. Hopefully he will drop the emo act soon. XD But…more plot please!

Photobucket

Wait I'm not done being badass!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that I've been reading your recaps of Uraboku and your picture captions have to be amongst the funnier things ever said about this who!

Christina said...

Anonymous-I try to bring humor to my screenie captions. XD Even if the mood is a little dark in the picture I try to bring some laughs. I do enjoy a good sparkle comment. XD

Anonymous said...

Tsukumo is badass and Touko is adorable. I think it's all good. (wish he had more lines too though).

Christina said...

suckyshojo- I just hope that Tsukumo doesn't get put on the back burner now that two new people have showed up. Then again he seems like the type of person who mellows out the group which is very necessary with this group of people XD