Wednesday, May 5, 2010

K-On!! Season Two Episode 5


Photobucket

We shall judge you!

Why hello my fellow K-On!! lovers. It is another day in the land of the Light Music Club. However instead of our usual girls bringing the antics we are going to see more of the younger girls today as Yui and her gang are off chasing monkeys. We shall see if these juniors are up to the challenge of carrying the show.

Once again there is a lack of music in this episode. Even though it lacks lyrics it doubles the amount of cute turtles with no charge! Also the amount of people cowering in the corner because of the word ghost is decreased by a hundred percent. These numbers are impressive people. Be impressed with me!

This post was brought to you by Harajuku Lovers totes. Harajuku Lovers totes. Because cute bags are more important than boring groceries.



Photobucket

Kicking the can means something really bad apparently.

Episode Summary: Ui starts off her day trying to text Yui to see if she made it to the bus on time. Poor Yui has left her camera at home. Ui arrives at school to see a sad little Azusa. Jun joins Ui and Azusa as they get silly text messages from Yui. Throughout the course of the episode Yui texts weird things to both Azusa and Ui. After Jun scores some rare bread (because all the seniors are gone thus can’t buy it up) the three girls have to go to Yui’s homeroom to retrieve he lunch bag. All three of the girls are goobers taking turns sitting in the “senior” seats. Ui then realizes that Yui is not coming home tonight and becomes super sad. Jun promises to spend the night if Azusa and Ui help her with the freshmen Jazz Club members. There is some random finger stretching exercises and what not. After that boring piece of nothingness Azusa and Jun go over to spend the night at Ui’s. Which consists of eating lots of food and Azusa being sad that she is not on the trip. Ui promises that they will have fun tomorrow. Also getting a random text message about skulls is random.

Photobucket

Bored Azusa is silly.

Tomorrow comes and there is rain. That ruins the plan to go to the zoo. Jun decides to be boring and read mangas. Azusa accuses manga of being the downfall of friendships. After breaking into Yui’s room they then go to a batting cage. Ui turns out to be a pro at batting which makes Jun and Azusa declare the world unfair. Then the girls realize that they forgot to feed the turtle so off to school they run. After making sure the little thing is alive the girls decide that they are going to jam out. The result is….not as bad as it could have been. On the way home Yui calls Azusa because her group is lost but she promptly hangs up on her. Amazing. Azusa pretends to not be excited when the girls return from their trip but she is. They bestow upon her souvenirs that spell out Light Music Club. Azusa is touched for like 5 seconds until she realizes none of the girls want to practice today. The end!

Photobucket

Well...a tiny bit of music anyway.

No new music again. *sigh* Well there was that….”song” the three girls played at the end but that doesn’t count. So we are going into episode 6 with no new music. In a show about music. Weirdos.

But let’s talk about what was in the episode. Which wasn’t the four main girls either. XO This episode felt very empty without Yui eating toast, Mio being freaked out, Ritsu freaking Mio out, and Mugi making the sweets for the group. I am not doing a good job talking about the aspects of this episode am I…

Photobucket

These are my seniors.......

Though in my defense the four main girls did have a tiny part to do with this episode. Many of the scenes involved Ui and Azusa receiving test messages from Yui. I think these scenes really capture the spirit of today’s youth. I mean….of today’s everyone really. My mother nearly threw a fit when we all went out to eat and of us “kids” were texting people. I can’t explain why we do it. The need to share everything with everyone is weird. But I did enjoy that Yui was spending pictures along with her bizarre comments. Almost like they are adding to episode 4 by doing so.

Photobucket

Don't leave me behind!

However this all made Azusa lonely. I am sure Yui had the best intentions and was trying to include Azusa in their little trip. But it had the opposite effect on our resident kitty. Even though Azusa was hanging out with her own friends she wanted to be a part of the senior trip. It is just one more thing that separates Azusa with the older girls. I think Azusa is well within her rights to feel left out. But if I was in Yui’s shoes I would be texting my friends left at home too. A very realistic scenario.

Photobucket

That was my reaction too...

Not everything was doom and gloom in Azusa land though. She had her pals Ui and Jun. I wasn’t aware that the three girls were close but given the fact that we often see the 4 older girls it is completely possible. Dude. I want to be invited to a Ui sleepover. All that food. Makes what I had for dinner look really small and boring! XD

I do think that parts of the episode were a bit boring. Like when Ui had nothing planned but the food at the sleepover. Of course this is what happens in real life. Not everything is nonstop fun. But I am a hypocrite so none of that matters. The point is when Jun pulled out the manga and started rolling on the floor I was a bit snoozy.

Photobucket

Without this episode we wouldn't have seen the epic bread!

Not that I want to bash this episode or anything. On the contrary. I was actually expecting it to much more of a snooze fest. I thought these three girls weren’t going to be able to carry the show. I am not saying that I want to watch only Azusa, Ui, and Jun each and every week. But for this episode it was lovely.

I do curse the rain though. I wanted to see the trip to the zoo. I guess seeing the girls trying to jam was equally as amusing. And the batting cage had such potential. It is a shame that Ui had to show how awesome she is too early in the day. And while I thought the whole MOG I am sitting in a chair that someone one year older than me sits in was really corny it worked. Sometimes I enjoy corny.

Photobucket

Glad to see that they are confused too.

Skulls. That is all.


Photobucket

Everyone say AW.

The last scene was very cute. The girls come back from their trip and it is souvenir time (because if you go somewhere for a day and don’t buy everyone you know a little something YOU DIE). I thought they were going to break out the ugly monkey key chains but nopers. Our silly seniors prove they are reasonable and sweet at times. XD I am glad that the subbers told us what the symbols stood for. Of course I might have figured that out for myself but…you know. In any event it was cute. Especially the part when Azusa gets DENIED practice. It was glorious.

Next week looks a little all over the place. X_X I guess we will wait and see what happens but yeah. Confusing. We shall wait and see though.

2 comments:

blindability said...

I also agree that this week's installment of K-On!! was a bit boring, but there were bits that really pulled it through. I think it was a good insight to Asuza's life minus the four other girls and how it is a bit lonely. Can you imagine if it was just her and Ton-chan left? We'd get less music than what we've got now (though I don't know how you can have less than nothing). But the other four are the main protagonists of the show which is why it feels a little empty without them as the central focus of an episode.

Christina said...

blindability- It is sad to think how lonely Asuza's life is going to be next year. I know she has Ui and to some extent Jun but without a club to belong to she will be a sad little kitty. But not all hope is lost when she has a least two friends.

I think we K-On!! fans deserve some music next week! Seriously.