Monday, May 24, 2010

Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitte Iru Episode 7


Photobucket

Home is where your heart and crazy friends are.

Mondays. Most people loathe this day. It means back to school time or it symbolizes the start of the work week. But I love Mondays XD. Every other Monday my husband has off of work and I never have to work Mondays. …But I hate Wednesdays.

But I love Mondays. Sleep in late, do a few chores, and do random things. Today I read a lot of mangas (caught up completely on Skip Beat!!!!) and watched a great episode of Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru. While most people might think I wasted the day away I had a great time and that’s all that matters.

Onward to Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru episode 7. Beware of spoilers, jealous Luka, and sparkles.



Photobucket

One big happy family...

Episode Summary: Yuki is being driven to the Twilight Mansion (I am still a bit :( about the name). He is in awe that such a place could exist in Tokyo but then he is explained that there is a magical barrier around the place and ordinary humans cannot see it. Yuki walks around a bit and has a nostalgic sense about the place. He is introduced to some random person girl named Aya who looks unimportant so moving right along. Touko pops out of nowhere and wants to hug her beloved Yuki. But Yuki has a bit of an emo attack and doesn’t want her to touch him because his powers might activate. Because you know how Touko hasn’t touched Yuki before….But the moment moves from emo to happy to Luka being all jealous when it was hug time from Touko. And then Tsukumo. But Luka is skilled enough to save Yuki from being hugged by a freak named Tachibana. He seems to be in charge of running the house but mistakenly addresses Yuki as a woman several times. Luka and Touko are not impressed by Tachibana’s shenanigans. The topic changes to why Luka hasn’t gotten his wounds healed yet. Yuki offers to do so again but Luka decides to go see the doctor instead.

Photobucket

WOOT! Finally someone is in love with Luka! XD

While searching the lab/clinic Yuki accidentally finds the doctor who looks like a caveman. His name is Isuzu and he is attracted to Luka who is THRILLED by the matter. Luka tries to stomp out again but agrees to get treatment when the alternative is Yuki healing him. Yuki is a bit sad about that but Touko tries to cheer him by saying Luka just doesn’t want to see him suffer. Touko and Tachibana offer to show Yuki to his room but he automatically walks to his old room. This makes Touko feel very guilty about keeping the truth from Yuki but she should feel guilty about keeping it from us viewers. Yuki goes outside and tries to be pretty but a baby dragon Mikage/black Mokona falls on his head. TADA it is Luka’s pet whom I will call Fattie as…it is fat. Yuki ruins this magical moment by talking about how sad he is that he didn’t get to say goodbye to Kanata. Where is that fool anyway? Oh is he hanging out with human like Duras and looking evil while drinking wine? Why yes, yes he is.

Photobucket

Luka exists for the sole purpose of being the THING Yuki leans on when he sleeps.

Yuki gets all tired so Luka carries him to bed. Luka then watches over Yuki as he sleeps because that is the creepy thing to do. But the only thing he witnesses is a dream that Yuki has about Kanata. Probably not what he wanted to see. Also there are more people feeling sorry for themselves because they are lying to Yuki. Morning comes but Hotsuma and Shuusei are not on the I LOVE YUKI train quite yet. Hotsuma almost was but he then runs to catch up to Shuusei (who is happy that his BFF picked him over Yuki). Over breakfast Yuki is reintroduced to Isuzu who looks a lot better when he showers and Katsumi who is the chef for the mansion. Fattie shows how much he really loves Isuzu and Yuki brings that sap as he explains what he treasures the most is his relationships. All is lovely and stuff but then Yuki is sad since he can’t be BFFs with Hotsuma and Shuusei. But they are too busy walking to school….with Kanata in the back ground. The end!!!

Photobucket

Just focus on the sparkles!

M O G. I had my Microsoft word program minimized so I could do two things at once. I maximized and I just saw how huge my summary was. X_X Holy crap! There was no battle or anything….so how did I write so much?! X_X I am crazy.

Photobucket

We are not amused!

I feel like naming this episode “The many faces of Luka”. He seriously was very entertaining throughout the entire episode. Mad Luka, very mad Luka, embarrassed Luka, killer Luka, caring Luka, and finally happy Luka. Thank you Luka for making this episode pretty awesome.

Photobucket

Boy hugs piss Luka off more than girl hugs. Wonder why.

Note to all: no one is allowed to hug Luka. Well they can but they will get very stern looks from Luka. And he’s a demon. Yeah.

Apparently at the Twilight Mansion you need a gimmick. If you can’t set things on fire or sparkle you need to have a really stupid hat. Hi Tachibana and Tachibana’s stupid hat!

Photobucket

Luka loves Tachibana!

I am not sure what to think about Tachibana. He reminds me a little of Break from Pandora Hearts without the really creepy smile. Or maybe the Mad Hatter. But I am curious to see what his story is. Not so much Aya and Katsumi.

Photobucket

HOW SHOCKING!

Kanata is evil?! I AM SHOCKED AND AMAZED?! I am curious when he got his crew of baddies but I am not shocked that he is a baddie himself. Hopefully he doesn’t die since Yuki will become a huge ball of sadness forever. But I sense he will die or Yuki will die saving Kanata. Not really great options there. Maybe I will be proven wrong and Kanata isn’t really a baddie. It is just destiny and he needs to be saved from his fate. Brainwashing and all.

Hotsuma almost being a part of the group was nearly cute. I am starting to think that Shuusei is either the real hater of Yuki or he doesn’t want to like Yuki because Hotsuma is the hater. Either way they are not feeling apart of the group yet. Which is fine, Yuki probably needs some breathing room. Hopefully they don’t continue down the we hate Yuki train for long, I don’t think his little heart can take it.

Photobucket

FEED ME!

I am also not sure how I feel about Fattie/Sodom. Especially his name. But he really does look like a baby Mikage dragon who got a bit of black Mokona in him. I am not sure why Luka picked this little guy as a pet since he is not really great at flying. But since he is good at attacking people and loving Yuki Fattie can stay.

Photobucket

Be gentle of Luka's fragile heart!

Yuki saying he loves Kanata made me X_X. Which is funny since I am a big yaoi/triangle girl lover. I guess I didn’t expect him to be that honest? But of course I feel sad for Luka who had to hear such a confession.

Photobucket

You can tell us. We can keep a secret.

This entire series better not be one big OH NO we are keeping a secret from boy Yuki woe is us! We get it everyone! Ya’ll knew girl Yuki and missed her and crap. But appreciate this Yuki for who he is. And if you don’t want to lie to him then don’t lie to him! Tell him the truth! I mean….there are sparkle dogs and random brothers and weird powers. How much worse can it get?

Photobucket

Luka smiling is very scary business.

Even though there was a serious lack of action this episode I still enjoyed it. XD The cast is a little big now but I guess that means there won’t be any dull moments around the mansion. I am sure Luka will be thrilled.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I remember my manga correctly, I think Sodom is the "energy saver" form of the huge dragon in the last episode! (Wonder why they left that line out of this episode?)

warriorhope said...

The fact that the manison is called Twilight Manison cracks me up. It's oddly apporiate.

Christina said...

Anonymous- That makes a lot more sense is Sodom is really the baby version of the huge dragon. Explains why he doesn't look...useful XD That would probably be an important thing for them to mention.

Warriorhope- Each time they mention the name I make a face. The sparkles don't help either. XD But since Luka can make a lot more faces than Edward all is well. XD

Anonymous said...

Sodom powers up into another spoilery form too. Though, not sure if that will happen in the anime as I believe they will conclude it before it gets to that volume.

I think what bothers me the most about the anime is the pacing. Not enough happens in an episode to feel satisfying. Also, needs more yaoi -_-

Right now I am psyched about Togainu no Chi coming out in winter. Will you be blogging that?

Christina said...

Anonymous- The pacing sorta bothers me too but since I have not read the manga it must be more concerning to you. Perhaps that means we will get a season two? Hopefully anyway.

I hope the spoilery form is not girl Yuki. Please no girl Yuki.

So I had no idea what Togainu no Chi was before you said it. I goggled it and the very first image was...lovely. Beyond lovely. Almost too lovely for words. Based on that one picture, yes I shall blog that series. Then I read the description and went....okay fighting. Good looking men beating each other up and living close to each other. I can get down with that. But really...the picture. Yum. Thanks a bunch. Now I am excited too!

Anonymous said...

Nooo Sodom doesn't power up into girlYuki. Sweet Satan no.


TNC is an ultra violent yaoi video game. Now an anime (cue the sound of a thousand fangirls' heads exploding): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GPJpy4DT48

The pic you saw is indeed lovely beyond words. And canon! That is Shiki (dark hair) and Akira (his prey). They have an amazing I'm going to kill you/I'm going to eff your brains out thing going on. Can't wait!

Christina said...

Anonymous- Thank goodness. I have nightmares about girl Yuki coming back and boy Yuki being lost forever.

That youtube clip was slightly violent but that's okay. I probably should expand my anime viewing beyond shows where happy endings are expected and granted. I tend to stay away from "rough" shows as I worry for my favorite pairings and if they will make it out okay.

Again thank you for pointing me towards this show. I will be on the edge of my seat hoping people I like won't die but I do enjoy it when the couple is actually canon and not me being a freak. XD

Anonymous said...

Re: expanding horizons.

I think they are marketing TNC as shounen-action (which it is on most levels) to attract a wider audience, but it is based on a game of dudes banging dudes.

And that intrigues me, because there are so few shounen-action animes with boys-love themes, and those that are usually have it in a "blink and you'll miss it" amount, like 07 Ghost.

Usually when two boys fall in love, the plot around them is heavy on *meaningful looks* and feathers and romantic angst, but in TNC our homeboy is on constant guard against being raped and murdered, and his options are: 1. a split-personality stalker 2. a perky yet homicidal shota 3. a tag team of mutilators who want him for sexual servitude and finally 4. a serial killer, who ain't down with no cuddling.

No flowers and dreams for you, errant shoujo fan!!

It's cool that you will give it a shot despite the darker themes, because your summaries are hilarious and I can't wait to see the captions you'll come up with.

Christina said...

Anonymous-XO Those really don't sound like the best options in the world. Our poor hero. But it is really different than most boy love stories with their very stereotypical uke and seme characters. I shall brave a new genre and pray that my favorites don't die in this violent show. Hopefully I live up to your expectations. XD