Wednesday, May 19, 2010

K-On!! Season Two Episode 7


Photobucket

I see Chibi people.

I have been looking forward to this week for quite a while. Well really just tomorrow. A Thursday that I don’t have to work, my wedding anniversary, and an extra day to sleep in! But now tomorrow will be even better as I have been put into a great mood by K-On!! episode 7. Rejoice at my happiness.

But even if tomorrow wasn’t going to be full of fun and happiness I would still be smiling right now. This episode was that awesome. Miles ahead of last week’s episode to say the least. Everyone should be happy with this episode!

Today’s post is brought to you by cheesecake. Cheesecake. Everything tastes better when it’s on sale.


Photobucket

Close your eyes and dream of the truth!

Episode Summary: Nodoka is busy cleaning the student council room when something small and important floats down to the ground. Mio is walking the halls acting scared. She explains to her friends that she feels as if someone is stalking her. No one really takes her claims seriously and it turns out there was a sticker in her hair all day which caused her to freak out. Randomly two girls show up to stare at Mio because they love her. Nodoka apologizes for the two crazy girls and it is story time. Well partial story and partial made up crap in Ritsu’s head but Azusa learns the story of the Mio fanclub. Nodoka was in the student council minding her own business when Mio approached her with concerns that someone was stalking her (freak). Nodoka and Mio try to tell the student council president Sokabe but it turns out that Sokabe is the stalker. And the president of the Mio fanclub. Yeah special. Since Sokabe is graduating soon she just wanted to spend as much time as possible looking at Mio. Mio and the club put on a private show for Sokabe before she leaves. Then Sokabe asks Nodoka to be president of the club since Sokabe is going off to college.

Photobucket

Welcome to insanity!

Well at the end of this story time Nodoka explains that she feels bad about neglecting her fanclub duties and wants the girls to host a tea party for the club members. Everyone but Mio is excited. Plans are made and stickers are mass produced. They learn that Sokabe will not be able to attend the tea party but wants it to go on as scheduled. Party day arrives and Ritsu and Yui host the crazy event. There is cake and tea and general MOG Mio is awesomeness. Ritsu tries to play a film of Mio’s life but it is mostly of Ritsu. Either way Mio is embarrassed. She tries to share her feelings in the form of a poem but that doesn’t go over very well. All the girls then perform their new song HURRAY!!! and all is well. Nodoka is a sad that Sokabe wasn’t able to attend the party so Azusa sends her a text message. Sokabe is off pretending to be mature and stuff but is giddy when she receives the text. Smile for a picture girls! THE END!

Photobucket

How can you be scared of baby turtles?!

This episode….was really great. Totally makes up for the last episode. This episode had crazy antics and at times it was hard to believe that people could be that insane….but it was great. Happy times for me.

Photobucket

Quick Mugi. Distract them from Nodoka!

This is going to sound harsh but hear me out before there is stoning in the street. I am glad that this episode wasn’t all about Nodoka. I think she is a nice girl and all but no. Just no. She is too…..normal to stand out in a crowd. I don’t see her having problems or being funny enough to carry an entire episode. She can stand around and have a nice time with the other girls but don’t focus all the drama on her. So I think this episode was a great way to bring Nodoka in without it all being about her.

Photobucket

My life....isn't that bad.

So since this episode wasn’t about Nodoka who was it about?! XO Mio of course! The person who doesn’t want to be the center of attention is the star hurray! Because it anime/manga the people who hate attention the most are the ones who have the fan clubs. It is a magical fact of life.

Photobucket

Such crazy crazy children...

I would like to talk about that for a minute, the fan club business. Ya’ll Japanese people are crazy. Fan clubs like this actually exist in Japan. It’s not the imagination of every single anime studio in the world. The fact that people from such a strict/introverted culture would produce such crazy teenagers boggles the mind. This is also putting aside the fact that I think it is perfectly normal to have hate clubs. I am looking at you Japanese teenagers: you are weird. Maybe not for having the fanclubs (well actually…) but how…..elaborate they are. X_X.

Putting that aside I am happy that Ritsu did the side explaining of the situation. She put a little bit of an interesting twist on how Mio and Nodoka were explaining the situation. Granted Ritsu is a lying sack of potatoes but she adds so much needed drama to an otherwise boring story.

Mio. I love you and your crazy overreaction to every single non scary thing in the world. But I wouldn’t have believed your stalker story either. I’m sorry. XD I love you?

Photobucket

You had potential to be a good crazy...

I think Sokabe would have been a good girl to have all along in the series. Just randomly introducing her as a back character no one ever knew about made me a little sad. She looked like a normal girl so deep down she was a crazy right? She made a fanclub about a girl younger than herself. But I like the way she tried to lie herself out of the situation. This series has a lot of good liars!

Photobucket

Be on my side Mugi!

So after everything is said and done the past is explained and the Light Music Club agrees to help Nodoka host a tea party for the fangirls. And by the Light Music Club agreeing I mean that everyone but Mio is happy HURRAY! Even Azusa was into this crazy plan which made me really happy. HURRAY FOR HAPPY.

Photobucket

Product placement!

I loved the Mio stickers on all the “products”. It almost reminded me of Hello Kitty. Like look, this is a normal box of cereal but TADA Hello Kitty is on the cover and now everyone wants it and might pay more even though it is the same product. I am not sure why it made me smile so seeing all these “normal” items Mioized but it was fun in my head.

Photobucket

Poor Mio. :(

The actual tea party itself was nice. It is hard getting worked up over it since the girls have tea and cake every day but there were some nice moments. I felt bad for Mio who despite her shyness wrote a poem for all her fangirls and it didn’t go over well. Yes her poem really, really sucked. But she put herself out there. She was embarrassed about the club, the attention, and the party but she wanted to do something special and it tanked. I feel bad for her.

Photobucket

Nice day for a white wedding.

But I did enjoy the wedding cake scene! But since I am not a boy I can’t go rabid pairing on this. Yaoigirl for life sorry.

Photobucket

LOOK! We remember how to play music woohoo!

Episode 7. Episode 7 and we got a new song people. Is there rejoicing in the streets? Maybe but we can’t hear it over the sound over the new song. I do think a lot of their songs sound alike but they make me smile. The silly lyrics, the upbeat pace, and the overall happy mood of the song. I am sure everyone out there is K-On!! land is very happy. Rejoice the masses.

Photobucket

After you graduate high school your wardrobe automatically gets better.

However…..Sokabe wasn’t there. That really bummed me out. This whole club was her idea and she wasn’t even there to see the best thing that came about from her club. I really don’t like the idea that just because she has been out of high school less than six months (being pretty generous there, probably closer to 3) she is way too busy to attention the tea party. Bleh. I get it. Going to college is fun and important and exciting. But I am not buying the idea that NOW Sokabe is way mature now that she is at university. I wish she would have attended the tea party.

So this episode was pretty much a hit. I do wish that Sokabe was at the party but if she was there she might have lost her mind. But we got a new song, Mio being teased, and Yui not molesting her guitar. That is what I call success people!

2 comments:

blindability said...

I totally agree with you on not having Nodoka being the focus of the episode. And about how I wish Sokabe-senpai had been introduced earlier in the series. I love that she tried to hide the fact that she'd been stalking Mio, but at the same time is so proud about being the founder and number one member of Mio's fan club, haha.

Happy Anniversary, by the way. You can consider that huge wedding cake (cut by Mio and Azu-nyan) yours, haha.

Christina said...

blindability- Thank you for the well wishes! XD We had a great day today although having a piece of Mio cake would have made it that much more special.

XD I am glad someone else feels the same way about Nodoka. She is a nice girl but we aren't watching this show for normal girls. XD I think Sokabe would have been a perfect friend to have in the season but at least we got a bit of her this time.

YAY FOR SONGS! Finally.